Username Post: Product Pictures        (Topic#1582159)
Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Please forgive me if someone has already asked or answered this question.
What is the best way to get good shots of products/projects that you want to post for sell. I don't have a very expensive camera. Nikon Cool Pix. I have used fabric materials for back drops but I guess I just want the pics to have more of a professional look.
Thanks for any feedback.

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to Ms_Pebbles

An easy way is to make your own little light box. There are many DIY tutorials online, this is one of my favorites...

http://www.strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/how-to-diy-10 -...

He uses strobes for lighting, but you can get a couple of those clamp lights, you know the $5 silver things at the hardware store, and they will do the job very well. Just remember to set the white balance on your camera accordingly. Having the camera on a tripod also helps a lot when doing product shots.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to photo_chick

Thank you sooooo much!!!! I really appreciate it!

max28
max28 
Tenant
max28
  • max28 on 12-14-12 10:09 AM
In response to Ms_Pebbles

The most important part is the light. You want a bright and white light (not a warm yellow one from standard light bulbs). Also the background should be just white, I often use a white blanket or towel

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to max28

• max28 Said:
The most important part is the light. You want a bright and white light (not a warm yellow one from standard light bulbs). Also the background should be just white, I often use a white blanket or towel

Actually since you can set your white balance to match your light the color of the light isn't a huge issue with digital like it is with film. Using a standard household tungsten bulb isn't a problem. If you set the white balance correctly you won't get the yellow cast.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Thanks ladies!

FYDawn
FYDawn 
Tenant
FYDawn

Thank you! I have struggled with good product/layout photos. Can't wait to try this out!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to FYDawn

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics