Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: New toys...        (Topic#1582163)
arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Good morning, all:) I have the Cricut machine and have had it for about four years now. I basically only use it for cards now that I feel as if my scrapping is evolving:) Which "toy or toys" do you think I should purchase now? Which "toys" do you own? I hear everyone talking about the cuttlebug...All suggestions are welcomed. That's why I love this site:)

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to arteshamac

I love my Cuttlebug for embossing!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to meezerpleaser

I love my big shot. Basically does the same thing as a cuttlebug. Embossing is so much fun!! So many embossing folders! I also love it to cut my framelits.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to binkiemonstermom

I love my Big Shot! I use it on a daily basis and I honestly cannot craft without it.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to scarlet864

I'd have to agree Big Shot is a favorite.

paperpilekitten
Resident
paperpilekitten

I am in love with my Big Shot! I use it almost every time I scrap, mostly for making embellishments and title letters. It saves me a lot of money.

Basically, I just buy paper and dies now (and some stamps occasionally).

I have posted many of those projects on my blog and, yesterday, I posted a link collection to those pages called Die Cutting Unplugged . If someone would like to see what I've been up to with those dies.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to paperpilekitten

Ok. There is the Sizzix Big Shot Cutting & Embossing Roller Style and the Sizzix Big Shot Pro Machine. One is more expensive than the other, but which one will serve a better purpose?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

The big shot pro is the only machine that does 12X12 size. But it is BIG!!! And heavy!!! It is a great machine and well made but you have to have the room for it! Trust me, you don't want to lug that thing around!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to binkiemonstermom

Yeah, unless you're really in love with some of the Pro-only dies (or the largest of the Grand Nestabilities) or want to emboss at sizes larger than 5 x 7, the regular Big Shot is enough machine to be getting on with.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to aquabunny

I do (now, finally) love my Cutttlebug, but prob should have researched a bit more n bought a big shot/kick for the bigger dies. Who knows...

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to Juansmom

I agree with the embossing machine suggestions. You will love the flexibility embossing affords you!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to ktmracing

The big shot pro will cut 12 x 12 while the pro is about 5 across. I would buy the big shot pro if you are thinking about it and being able to cut the grand spellbinders

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Sneezy1956

Big Shot all the way I love it!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Ok. That's it...I am getting a Big Shot this month or next! Thanks, ladybugs:) What kind of accessories do I need for the Big Shot?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

It should come with the cutting pads required to make the cutting sandwich for any Sizzix product (excluding only the wide ones). If you want to use Spellbinders, and particularly if you want to emboss with them, you should pick up a pack of tan Spellbinders mats, pretty cheap at Joann's. If you want to use any Sizzix dies that fold to create an assembled item (like a box or pocket or envelope), you'll want the Sizzix crease pad. Those last two sound similar but the thickness and flexibility are VERY different and you can't substitute one for the other (I've tried!). You'll need yet another mat if you want to use the "Texturz" texture mats (these are different from the embossing folders), but that would come with a Texturz starter kit. I think the newer Big Shots come with a longer platform, but I don't know if the pads are also longer - so you might need to pick up the 13" cutting pads if you want to use any of the decorative strip dies.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to aquabunny

Thanks so much! Hugs:)

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping

i have the big shot and the cuddle bug. The bug goes with me on retreats. The big shot does not. Too much to lug. I also have a cricut and that goes on all retreats.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

Thanks for your wonderful suggestions, ladies:) I will be getting my Big Shot very soon. Hugs:) Artesha

Diva

I love my Cricut and Cuttlebug!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to bayamonesa1

I used my Cuttlebug for embossing, I love the varity of folders and you can use other brands with it too. I have a Cricuit Expression 2, I rarely use it but I will soon start back. We have so many tools to make such awesome projects and embellishments.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics