Username Post: What type of vinyl for car?        (Topic#1582197)
Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96

I have never cut vinyl letters with my circuit expression.. But my husband is wanting to advertise his business on his truck and I figured it would be cheaper if I just made it all myself. Anyone done this? What kind of vinyl do I need to get to stick on outside of truck.. Not the windows, the actual truck sides. Tell me how you did. As how it turned out etc please... Thanks so much

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Mimmy96

I have only used the cricut vinyl. We have put it on our car windows and works great so far. I don't know about as far as putting it on your truck itself. Sorry

PaulaB102
Tenant
PaulaB102
In response to cpowife

My (grown) niece cut numbers to go on her DH's racing lawn mower (think 'Tim Taylor' from 'Tool Time'). She just used whatever vinyl she used in her Cricut. If you want, I'll ask her your questions.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to PaulaB102

Haven't done it. Don't own any diecutting machine.

But I would check with a sign making shop for the material/vinyl.

Personally, I would use magnetic sheets and not adhesive vinyl (won't ruin the paint ).

New Kid On the Block
In response to Bxr-Linda

I used cricut vinyl for my car window. It didn't turn out too well, but that was probably my fault when putting it on the glass

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to chris.scrap

I plan on doing this for my husbands truck as well.
I'll be cutting out the vinyl letters and phone number etc with my Cameo. Silhouette sells rolls of vinyl that is made for this exact purpose. They also sell rolls of the stuff for placement and lining it up......
When you are putting it on, you basically have one go at it. Once it is on, it is not repositionable (you can't peel it off without ruining)
I was advised to definitely use the grid paper to line it up....

Alison

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to kiyawinn

good to know! I haven't tried yet but have wanted to!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics