Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: **~NOVEMBER 2012:Scrap Your FAITH Challenge!!~**        (Topic#1582229)
jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

Welcome to the NEW Scrap Your Faith Challenge!!

Over the last year and a half I seem to be taking more & more photos of a part of my life that is relatively new to me. Just after Easter in 2010, I was sitting at my computer when I had what I can only describe as a spiritual awakening. I was on a scrapbook challenge site that a friend of mine ran. While surfing the site, I came across a request that she had posted. Her father was very ill & she was asking for prayers for him. Up until then I could probably count the number of prayers I'd ever prayed for on one hand, but I thought...it couldn't hurt for me to pray for her dad, right? So I did. In the middle of praying for her father, I came to the realization of just how much I needed God in my life. What happened next was so overwhelming, but to keep this story short let's just say my life was changed forever that night. That was the night God intervened in my life and showed me just how deep my need for a Savior was. That was the night He led me to salvation.

Ever since that night my life has been turned upside down. Being a scrapbooker, I keep feeling a need to document as much of this new life as possible. So, in order to get started doing just that I thought, why not start a New Challenge & encourage other women of faith to do the same?!

Challenge Outline

1. This challenge is open to scrappers of ALL faiths, and it is my hope for it to become a place of sharing, healing, & encouragement as we strive to document this very personal part of our lives. I only ask that all participants be sensitive & respectful of the beliefs of others.

2. Daily scripture passages and weekly sketches will be posted to help inspire us to Scrap our Faith! I'll probably throw in a few lyrics to worship songs & hyms from time to time as well since I listen to so much faith-based music too. **(If anyone has a favorite passage of scripture they would like to offer for the daily posting, please PM me w/the book, chapter & verse(s) and I will be sure to add it to the list!)**

3. LO's created DO NOT have to incorporate the daily scripture postings, they are simply being given for inspiration. You are welcome to scrap about anything relating to your faith. (Example: baptisms/church events & activities/conferences or concerts you attended/mission trips you've been on, etc.)

4. Scrap as little or as much as you are inspired to scrap, share the love and HAVE FUN!! : )

***~Public Embedding and Uploading to Challenge~***

1. Once your LO is uploaded to the gallery Go to your gallery and click on it.
2. Under small pic of LO check box for "Allow PUBLIC EMBEDDING"
3. Click "SUBMIT

NEXT, to Upload to the Challenge Thread...
1. First click on the LO you want to upload.
2. Scroll down to the "Share & Link" box on the left side of the page. Click the "Link/Embed image" option.
3. A Box will open up with a small pic of your LO. Where it says 'Embed This Image' select "IMG CODE" above the image.
4. RIGHT CKICK and COPY the code it gives you. (you can also change the size of the image if you desire.)
5. Go to Challenge
6. Go to any Reply Box and RIGHT CLICK and then PASTE the code.

November Sketches

1. Nov2012ScrapYourFaithSket ch#1! By Jamariel

2. Nov2012ScrapYourFaithSket ch#2 By Jamariel

3. Nov2012ScrapYourFaithSket ch#3! By Jamariel

Edited by jamariel on 11-12-12 05:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

Daily Scripture Inspiration

11/1~Psalm 19:8 [NLV] "The Laws of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The Word of the Lord is pure, giving light to the eyes."

11/2~Psalm 27:4 [NLT] "The one thing I ask of the Lord—the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord’s perfections and meditating in his Temple."

11/3~1 Peter 2:9 [TNIV] "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."

11/4~John 5:24 [NKJV] “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."

11/5~Hebrews 1:3 [TNIV] "The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."

11/6~Psalm 103:1 [NLT] "Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name."

11/7~Romans 15:13 [HCSB] "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you believe in Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

11/8~Deuteronomy 12:7 [NLT] "There you and your families will feast in the presence of the Lord your God, and you will rejoice in all you have accomplished because the Lord your God has blessed you."

11/9~1 John 5:4-5 [ESV] "For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?"

11/10~Mark 1:15 [NIV] “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!”

11/11~1 Peter 1:3-5 [ESV] "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

11/12~Philippians 1:6 [NASB] "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

11/13~Psalm 90:14 [NIV] "Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."

11/14~Genesis 9:12-16 [TNIV] And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”

11/15~Psalm 16:11 [NIV] "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

11/16~2 Corinthians 5:18-19 [HCSB] "Everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: That is, in Christ, God was reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed the message of reconciliation to us."

11/17~2 Corinthians 5:21 [TNIV] "God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God."

11/18~Romans 1:16-17 [TNIV] I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

11/19~Deuteronomy 29:29 [CEB] "The secret things belong to the Lord our God. The revealed things belong to us and to our children forever: to keep all the words of this covenant."

11/20~Isaiah 55:9 [NKJV] "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."

11/21~Acts 20:24 [NLT] "But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God."

11/22~Philippians 1:21 [NASB] "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."

11/23~James 1:2-4 [TNIV] "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

11/24~2 Corinthians 1:3-5 [NIV1984] "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows."

11/25~1 John 2:27 [NLT] "But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ."

11/26~Hebrews 12:28 [NIV] "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe."

11/27~

Edited by jamariel on 11-26-12 04:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

klweist
Diva
klweist
In response to jamariel

This was so wonderful, I'm gonna hang around again. The daily verses were a welcome to my day.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to klweist

Glad to have you join me again Kelly!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 10-31-12 08:19 AM
In response to jamariel

Jami, I will try to be around as much as possible. This is a wonderful topic.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to vawm

I'm in again.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to KellyCali

I will definatly be checking out this thread everyday!! Love the daily verse!! Hope each of you have a wonderful, love filled November!!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to FinallyMama

Good morning ladies!

So glad to have you all here w/me again this month & welcome Victoria! LOVE your name!!

Our 1st verse & sketch of the month are up, hope you all like! Have a blessed day. I've gotta try & get some sleep, ttyl.

astacy5
Guru
astacy5
In response to jamariel

This is wonderful! I'm in! Thank You for doing this challenge.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to astacy5

Hello ladies!! Hope each of you are having a wonderful day!! Great sketch, Jami!!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to FinallyMama

Now that I've printed a bunch of photos I am looking forward to sitting down and scrapping for this challenge!!

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 11-01-12 01:22 PM
In response to jamariel

• jamariel Said:
Good morning ladies!

So glad to have you all here w/me again this month & welcome Victoria! LOVE your name!!

Our 1st verse & sketch of the month are up, hope you all like! Have a blessed day. I've gotta try & get some sleep, ttyl.

That is so nice of you to say! Thanks!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to vawm

I'm here Jami!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Just for sharing.

Combining the idea of the seasonal 30 Days of Thanksgiving with a Gratitude Tree...

Here's what I ended up making today.

TFL!

{Blessings Tree 2012} By KellyCali

{Blessings Tree - details} By KellyCali

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to KellyCali

Awesome idea, Kelly.

I always do a blessings book in November for my Thanksgiving table, I leave cards with pens at each plate and everyone writes their "I'm thankful for..." I put those together and put them in the book for that year.

Then I put the books around the table and sofas for people to look at and see various years and remember previous blessings.

It's kind of a tradition now. One year I didn't get it done and everyone asked where it was....

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Happy Friday, ladies!! Hope you make it a great one!!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
I'm here Jami!

Yaaay!! Glad to have you back again too Pat!

Just posted our verse 4 the day. I was looking for one that I read yesterday on fb, but gave up trying to find it after almost an hour of searching through posts and decided it just wasn't meant to be. Found this one & realized how perfect it was & decided to go w/it. : )

Happy Scrappy Friday everyone!!

Jen E
Jen E 
Guru
Jen E
  • Jen E on 11-03-12 06:30 PM
In response to jamariel

Beautiful tree Kelly!
I like putting verses on my LOs but forget often to leave space for them! Hoping this challenge will remind me

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to Jen E

Welcome Jen! Good morning my sisters!!

Just posted today's verse. My DH actually picked it out for us today and it's a GREAT one I think...not that there are really any bad ones, but I'm getting a bit tired so I asked for his assistance. Think I'll lay down 4 a little while b4 I have 2 get ready for church. Looking forward to going this morning as we haven't been in a couple weeks. Wishing you all a blessed Sunday!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to jamariel

Here's mine from the first sketch. DD and I had fun reading the verse in all the different versions of the Bible. In case you don't have a good on-line Bible source, we use Biblegateway dot com. They have a all the different versions for the Bible, you can search by verse or by words or by topic. Plus they have a daily verse and you can sign up for different devotionals as well!! It's a great site!! We use it all the time!! OK....Enough talk ....here's my lo:
Matthew 6:28-30 By FinallyMama
TFL

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics