Username Post: Chipboard Album Project        (Topic#1582235)
CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Hello all! I have purchased two unadorned chipboard albums for my Ancestry/Genealogy Research books. They are for 8.5x11 documents. I want to alter the outside and I searched projects here but I am looking for suggestions. I am thinking I can ink/stamp, use metal embellishment, mask etc, but I have too many little ideas in my head and it really has not come together yet. Any ideas or suggestions? I already have the Tim Holtz metal corners I am thinking of using. In my head I am seeing clocks, watches timepieces, but possibly would use other vintage images.

I looked an looked before I settled on these chipboard albums. I wanted something for 8.5x11, but not a regular "school" notebook.

I also think I need one of the new tab makers for the inside otherwise the tabs will be white.

I am excited about doing this, I think it will be fun and know there are a lot of folks here that do mini albums. This can't be too fussy because it will set on a shelf.

Thanks! Vicki

Chipboard Altered-Album Project-Suggestions? By CrimsonMama
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by CrimsonMama on 10-31-12 06:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CrimsonMama

Have you thought about a few pieces of the Bo Bunny time piece paper. sorry brain dead right now and can't think of the proper name. cover with it and then stamp and do other stuff on top of it to give you some color.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Sneezy1956

Yes! I did think of this paper and similiar ones and thought about decoupage, only thing is that I'm not very confident in myself to do that to my satisfaction. It's been years since I did and decoupage! I have a kit of that Bo Bunny paper tho' so it's a good thought.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to CrimsonMama

I would just decoupage the outside and add a title....if it's sitting out on a shelf all the time, you wouldn't want to get too fancy with it, I wouldn't think!

There are tons of paper lines now that have a vintage/retro feel to them....I've been surprised actually by how many companies are putting out a line of vintage papers.....
When I do a mini book, I usually do the whole book with one paper line (mixed with plain cs, of course) so that there is a cohesive look to it....
Good luck with it! I have a heritage album to do as well and haven't started yet as the plan has not fully formed for me.....

Alison
Products Referenced in This Post:

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to kiyawinn

You are right, I want it to be smooth. I have that last one, the vintage family kit.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics