Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Nov/Dec die cut swap        (Topic#1582243)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

For this swap you will be making die cuts using a Cricut, Cuttlebug, Sizzix, Silhouette, anything you have to make die cuts with. You will be sending them to me and I will swap them out and return back to you with the category you pick.

Due Date: In my hands by December 9 , 2012 so that means you will need to have them in the mail before that.

Flakers need not join!! You must check in at least once a week, it only takes a minute to say "jci" or add a smile. If you need to drop out of the swap please pm me so I can fill your spot.

The Swap: For this swap you will
1. Pick the categories you want to make die cuts for.
2. make a die cut 1 per person in your group, and bag each die with your name, sb.com name, and group name on it then bag each category together.
3. send to me with the same amount of postage and 4 extra 10 cent stamps (your unused postage will be returned to you) I will reuse your mailer unless it is damaged. Also, please remember to include a return mailing label. If it's peel-n-stick, great, if not on a piece of white/light colored cardstock is fine and I can tape it on. The return mailing labels you get from Easter seals is too small if you want me to reuse your envelope. I find the best thing to do is to affix it to a regular envelope and I can tape that onto the return envelope. Plus it's easier to keep any return postage in.

SEND TO:
Sally McCracken
4603 Maplecrest Ave
Parma, OH 44134

If you use a die cut that has layers on the design please use the layers and glue them also. Please send in work that you would be happy to use on your own pages!

Any questions feel free to ask

If you can think of additional categories, let me know and I'll add them.

Overseas/Canadian participants, please pm me and I'll give you instructions for return postage.

** Thanksgiving**
1. Sally
2. Kris
3. Toni

** Christmas greeting **
1. Sally
2. Kris
3. Toni

** Christmas traditional **
1. Sally
2. Kris
3. Clarisa
4. Toni
5. Pam

** Christmas anything goes **
1. Sally
2. Kris
3. Clarisa
4. Toni
5. Pam

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-12-12 01:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to Lookin4newideas

I'll do each.

If this doesn't take off, would you consider doing a "blinged" die instead of a basic dies and maybe only send in two per category and get two back?

I have a lot of misc dies from being addicted to your swaps and am wondering if the lull is from others being flooded, too...thought maybe peeps might be more apt to keep going if there's less coming back but more adorned.

Just a thought

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

Sure, I just had some send me a pm yesterday that inquired about joining. Since I started making more embellishments and cards this year, I really started using my die cuts. I've read a lot of comments from other people who felt like me at first, guilty for using what they got from others to make things to give to someone else. Then, last month, I read someone post they were going through all their swap stuff they've received over the years and that was going back since sb.com got started!! What good is something if you're not going to use it in a project? I think the purpose was to share die cuts that we don't have, papers we don't have, etc. Last year, I remember 3 people made the same die cut on their Cricut, but all three were different because of the different sizes, colors and papers used. Sometimes too, I think of having a misc category. If someone is looking for a particular die cut that they don't have, trade for something else.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Good morning, ladies. Can someone give me an example of a die cut from each of the listed Christmas categories? Fairly new to swaps...Thanks bunches:)

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to arteshamac

I can't seem to find the pictures of the ones I did last Christmas, but here's Easter:

The categories were Blinged Easter, Cutesy Easter, Traditional Easter and St Pattys Day

And this one's categories were birdhouses, Mothers Day and Rain.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to krispyb

I use mine, definately...but I think I swap faster than I can consume! (That IS the definition of addiction, right? Lol)

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to krispyb

Thank you so much, Kris:) I have just started swapping and it can get be a bit addicting:) LOL!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Ok, Kris. The examples of the die cuts that you displayed were embellished. This swap does not contain embellished die cuts, right? I apologize if I am asking too many questions, but if I am going to consider joining I want to make sure that I do at least everything that the swap requires:)

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

embellishing is optional. I just do it because I prefer to, but it's not required.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to krispyb

Ok. Thank you for your prompt responses:)

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Toni usually takes pictures.. let me see if I can get some of her pictures...

she must clean out her gallery, here's Aug:

Aug / Sept Die cut swap By Tcletoaddison

I have to run now, Visting hour is at 4, if I'm late, I don't get in in to see her until tomorrow.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-02-12 10:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

btt

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart
In response to krispyb

Could I do a die cut tag with Christmas adornments? If yes I will take spots in Traditional Christmas and anything goes.

thanks

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to 1Heart

Sure, it's a die cut and embellished with Christmas!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

bump

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

I'm hoping we get some more people.. but there's so many other swaps going on with the holidays...
I like the die cut swap. I use the ones I get.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

I would like to do Christmas traditional and Christmas anything goes please

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison
In response to Pam in TX

How the heck did I miss this? I have been doing this swap for a year now!! Please sign me up for one of each!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to tcletoaddison

Hey Pam! About time, Toni!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I made a poinsettia flower for another swap. It turned out so pretty, so I'm going to do that for my anything goes. I have to make some Christmas cards and years ago, a friend of mine gave me this card with the story behind the poinsettia plant. I would love to find that and make a card with that story to go along with it. I have some pretty K & Co paper that would make a nice card, too.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics