Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: ~*~November Do-Overs Challenge~*~        (Topic#1582285)
GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Remember when you were a kid and you were playing a game that wasn't going the way you wanted and you'd yell "DO OVERS!" so you could get another turn and maybe get a better roll of the dice? That's the same idea here. It's a Lift Challenge, and the idea is pretty simple.

Go back through YOUR OWN LAYOUTS - they can be posted in your gallery or ones from before you began posting projects. Your task it to find a layout that you wish you could "do over." It doesn't matter why you wish you could do it over - maybe you wish you had used a different color scheme, or added more photos, or used fewer photos, or bigger photos, or different embellishments, or a different title, or just wish you had the skills then that you do now to do your wonderful photographs justice.

Well, today, you get your wish. The layout you pick is your target lift, and your assignment - should you choose to accept it - is to DO IT OVER!

Post your original before your post your lift and explain why you want to do it over.

No sign-up required. Just jump in and have fun whenever you're ready!

I am not the comment police. I know we all get busy and get behind. But we all like to get comments on our projects, so do your best to give love when you get love.

Layouts must be new as of today and are DUE no later than midnight SB.com time November 30 .

And, as always - the primary goal is to HAVE FUN!

EXAMPLE

Original
Follow Your Dreams

I wasn't happy with this almost from the get-go. The yellow flower spray is beautiful, but it doesn't have very good balance. I love the crochet flower, but it just wasn't functioning with the vine. And I finally realized that I was basically unhappy with the whole color scheme - it's just too DARK for the way these photos make me feel. I love the photos and the basic skeletal design.

DO-OVER
Follow Your Dreams - Revisited

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Players and Projects

1. NMscrapper
Original : Granddad 1903

Makeover : Granddad 1903 II

2. AngieO
Original: San Felipe '09

Do over: San Felipe '09 (Do over)

3. Doreena
Original Memories

After : Handsome

AngieO
AngieO 
Idol
AngieO

I'd like to participate in this one. I still have some beach LO I want to do over because they are in 8 1/2 x 11 pages and I want to put them in my 12 x 12 beach album.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-01-12 05:11 PM
In response to AngieO

Oh man, do I have some pages I would LOVE to redo!!!! I'm going to add this to my favs and see if I can reDO this.. haha get it? Yea I know lame!!

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to KimKV

I'm in

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to NMscrapper

Morning girls.

Nice to see everyone.

First thing I'M doing over today is my manicure. I'm in desperate need!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

LOL I have a whole album of ones to do-over from when I first started scraping. I'll save this to see if I get time to play

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I have a layout that I just recently created that I want to do-over! I created it in attempt to use up some old stash and I did, everything on it was old product, even pbrought out a punch I haven't used in a long while, but the finished product didn't make me happy. :0(
Hopefully I find time to do it!

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to Doreena

This is a neat challenge! I always go through and delete ones I don't like - but I still have alot out there I would definately redo.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-02-12 04:54 PM
In response to SnowDog

oh I was hoping you would do this one again. I have plenty I would do over but there is a special one I need to do this time.

I'll have to take a photo of it tomorrow before I take it apart.

Edited by GMFTS on 11-02-12 04:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to GMFTS

My Original:

Granddad 1903 ~Scraps of Darkness~ By NMscrapper

The makeover:

Granddad 1903 II By NMscrapper

I wasn't really happy with the paint in the original, so I changed it up along with several other elements, looking for a more elegant page. Now, seeing the together, I'm not sure . . .

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to NMscrapper

hi ladies,
I love this challenge and saving jic:)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to tinadn

OMG we have to show off the original layout...??? ::Cringe::!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
OMG we have to show off the original layout...??? ::Cringe::!

Yep. Because that's part of the FUN, don't 'cha know? It gives us an opportunity to show how far we've come in our scrapbooking journey.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Yeah I know... ::

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Doreena

Don't worry, Doreen, my dear. This month, I'm going WAY back in my scrapbook archives... I'm going to do one that is so old, it's practically stone age.

Way back before I knew about ink, paper trimmers, or even FLOWERS!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 11-06-12 02:40 PM

Who is going back to when we used decor scissors on our pictures!? I would love to, but I can't find the negatives. Maybe I can come up with a way to cover up the fact that I did that.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to KimKV

I actually kinda like those ones!
They were cute even and besides, it show how much scrapbooking has changed over the years.
The one I want to re-do is just plain ugly! LOL!

AngieO
AngieO 
Idol
AngieO
In response to Doreena

jci and acu

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to AngieO

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options