Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: November kit swap - Pals names went out!        (Topic#1582297)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Come join in the fun! This is an October themed kit swap. The following items are needed in this kit (minimum):

2 - 8x8 themed papers of the group you're in
2 - 8x8 matching cardstock
3 - handmade goodies to match the papers
2 - 12" ribbons to coordinate with the papers OR 1 - 24" ribbon
1 - Handmade bling item
The above list are the minimum requirements. You can add more and are encouraged to put your personal touch to your kit. Make it something you would love to receive.

RULES:
1)You must check in at least once a week.
2)Your kit must be FINISHED by 11/20/12.
3)you must post a picture of your kit. Then I'll post on the front page.
4) PM me with your name and address no later than 10/13/12. (If you swapped the past two months, then I should still have it.)
5) I will pm you on 11/23/12 with your pal's name and address. If you haven't completed your kit, by the deadline, you won't be able to swap out. It's not fair for some to be on time while others wait until the last minute and don't get it done in time or forget about it and someone is left out. If everyone has their kits finished or in the process of finishing them, we can swap earlier!
6) Most important, HAVE FUN!!!

Sign ups will be taken until 11/15/2012 but you must have your kit done 11/20/2012. Pals names will go out on the 23rd. This is the day after Thanksgiving, so be careful not to get lost in the holiday shuffle.
This month's themes are:

Thanksgiving/give thanks/thankful, etc
Blue topaz and crystals
Chrysanthemum (November's flower)

** Give Thanks/Thanksgiving **
1. Toni -
thankful kit By Tcletoaddison
2. Clarisa-
November Kit Swap (Give Thanks /Thanksgiving) By 1Heart
3. Sally-
November kit swap By Lookin4newideas
4. Denielle -
NOV 8x8 Kit Swap-Thankful By Denielle.c.podraza

** Blue Topaz and crystals **
1. Sally -
Novermber kit swap By Lookin4newideas
2. Carol-
November Kit Swap - Blue Topaz and Crystals By NMscrapper
3. Toni -
Chrysthamum By Tcletoaddison
4. Pam -
Nov kit swap By Pam In TX
5. Denielle-
nov 8x8 kit swap By Denielle.c.podraza

** Chrysanthemum **
1. Sally -
Chrysanthemum kit By Lookin4newideas
2. Carol -
November Kit Swap - Chrysanthemum By NMscrapper
3. Toni -
Chrysthamum By Tcletoaddison
4. Denielle -
Nov 8x8 Kit swap By Denielle.c.podraza

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 12-09-12 09:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Lookin4newideas

Hopefully I got all the dates right....

Ok, I'm keeping it to three themes this month with the holidays coming. The blue topaz will be nice with winter coming as well as being November's birthstone. For the Chrysanthemums, if you want to use the rich colors of fall, you can continue without having to use leaves and such, again, be creative and use your imagination. I liked last month's creativity. For this kit though, please make at least one mum or buy them to include in your kit.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-02-12 03:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper

I'm in again! Loved making last month's kit! Mark me down for Blue Topaz & Crystals, and
Chrysanthemum, please?!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to NMscrapper

I really love the topics you've got this month...but I'm afraid I'd end up slacking and flake on someone. To be safe, I'm going sit out this one.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

I understand, Kris, a lot of swaps going on for the holidays. I'm going to work on my kits right away and get them done and in my cabinet before I lose them this month!

Welcome back, Carol.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-02-12 10:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza

I think I am going to do all three!!! Ill let you know for sure on monday. I have a crop this weekend. Im gonna try to do all three!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to denielle.c.podraza

(hehehe)

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza

I am super excited!!! SO I never really did 8x8 LOs. I started a couple of months ago making a gift for a friend.....now that I have joined this challenge I have gone nuts with the 8x8(funny the bits of the kits I have used so far are on a 12x12 LOL). But I have no books to put them in!

I just saw today that Micheal's has all scrapbooks b1g1 free and a tiered coupon $5 of every $20!! time to go get some books!!! YAY!! (Just thought I'd share hee hee)

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to denielle.c.podraza

I just do 12x12, but I figure I can use the 8x8 kits for the design elements, everything but the b/g. Really looking forward to my first one.

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper

If anyone is interested, there are still five spaces to fill in the Round Robin challenge. It's lots and lots of fun!

tcletoaddison
Idol
tcletoaddison

Sally sign me up one each thanks

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart
In response to tcletoaddison

I will take a spot in give thanks

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to 1Heart

I just finished a lo from the fall kit I got from Toni last month. I love how it turned out, but I can't post until next Friday since I did it for week two of the Round Robin challenge.

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper

Sally - I didn't post here that I broke my leg and wound up in a skilled nursing center, because I didn't think I'd have to flake. I suddenly looked at today's date, the date for completion and mailing; now I think I'm going to be a huge FLAKE! I've been here since Wednesday, and they say two weeks. That's past the deadline here. Now I need to know what I should do. I have both of my kits partially complete, but it will take some time after I get home to finish them. Do I flake (noooooooooooooo) or send them late?

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart

Oh Carol. Please feel better soon.

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to 1Heart

Thanks, Clarisa!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Let's play it by ear, Carol and see how everyone is doing. I know there's a lot of swaps going on and Thanksgiving is next week already, so we'll see. If you come home and your partner doesn't mind waiting a few more days, then that's cool. Or, I'll be your pal, I don't mind waiting. You do lovely work and it would be worth it.

I went to Jo-Ann's yesterday and picked out my papers for the blue kit. The one paper is really pretty. The paper isn't quite the shade I wanted, but matches. I can't wait to finish that kit with embellishments. It was fun shopping yesterday. I had two 60% and one 40% off coupons and then I got a 20% veteran's discount off my total purchase. Cha-ching! This time though, it was my daughter who spent more than me. I picked up some Modge Podge and some individual card stock and gem stones. I was hoping to find some Christmas themed appliques, but they didn't have any.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

I will take a spot in the blue topaz if you're still taking names

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to Pam in TX

OK, thanks Sally! I'll keep you posted.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Hi Pam, love to have you. The kits are fun.

I'm almost finished with my blue topaz kit. Need to find some ribbons and make one more thing. The one piece of paper, I might just leave it 12x12. It's so pretty.
I made my chrysanthemums, now I have to find papers to match. I picked out my Thanksgiving papers and started on my emellishments.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-14-12 01:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics