Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: November/December Recipe card swap-Swapped out        (Topic#1582299)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Here's the catch: Since this is a scrapbooking site, your recipe card will have to be decorated scrap book style. Say for example, your recipe is chocolate covered cherries, you could make your recipe card on brown and red cardstock, add some cherries or red gems/ribbon.

When you sign up, please let me know what your recipe will be and an alternate, in case someone beat you to it.

Here are the rules:

1. Sign-ups will be accepted until 11/16/12.
2. Recipe must be typed out.
3. Recipe card must have at least 3 embellishments
4. Recipe cards must also be made out of a heavy duty cardstock or similar material that is acid free for those who wish to put this in a photo album and must be 4x6. You can make it 8x6 and fold it in half or do a 12x6 and make a trifold.
5. The number of recipes cards you make will depend on the number of people who sign up. I am going to limit it to 10 people per category. If there is more interest, then I might start up a second group.
6. All cards must be in my hands by 12/5/12, that does NOT mean post mark day. I will be swapping them out that week. I want to make sure everyone has their cards in their hands before Chrismas so they can enjoy their recipe cards this holiday season.

7. Mailing: I will try to use the same envelope as long as it's in good condition. If it's been used numerous times and the outside is getting thin, then you might want to get new envelope. Please include a return address label. I have enough tape, so I can tape it on, if needed. Include the same amount of postage, plus four 10 cents extra postage stamps.

For people swapping from overseas - I accept Paypal. Pm me for my email address.

Mail cards to

I reserve the right to ask you to choose another recipe in case we recently had that one, sorry.

The categories are brunch and Christmas desserts. If you want me to add another, let me know and I can add one more.

*** Brunch ***

1. Sally - French bread casserole
2. Kris - Egg bake
3. Keri - Blueberry Blintz Souffle
4. Susie- Christmas/Casserole breakfast
5. Brenda - Cornflake chicken casserole

** Christmas Desserts **

1. Sally - Christmas Pistachio Cake
2. Kris - Toffee bars -
3. Keri - Almond bars
4. Artesha - Pumpkin bread pudding -
5. Susie - Vanilla wafer cake -
6. Corry - Cranberry cobbler -
7. Luna - oreo balls-
8. Brenda - Red Velvet Cupcakes

= received

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 01-02-13 07:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to Lookin4newideas

I will take a spot in both please! i'll get back to you later today hopefully with my recipes!!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to minderaser97

I'll do both.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

ok, i'd like to do Blueberry Blintz Souffle for the Brunch....i'll get back to you with a dessert!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Ok. I wanna play:) These swaps are wayyyy too addicting! LOL! I will get back with you on the recipes I want to submit. I would like both categories, please:)

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to arteshamac

Do you make 1 recipe card for each person in your group or just 1 recipe card and you swap them out?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Lunareclipse

You make one recipe card for each person in the group. Then you get back that many different recipes and for this swap, I ask that you make a card for yourself as well. You can send in a marker card, but it's easy to send your card in and to make sure you make one for yourself. As hostess, when I started the swap, I was guilty of not making cards for myself the first month or two and I was bumming after that. Now I make an extra card because I'm usually messing up one! They're fun to get in the mail.

Welcome Artesha, yes, swaps are addicting, especially around the holidays, that's why I'm keeping mine to a minimum category/theme.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 11-02-12 04:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

So for example, if there are five people in your group, you make the same recipe card for each person in the group?

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Sally, don't forget to sign me up for Christmas desserts, too, please:)

mcaruth782
Veteran
mcaruth782

I would like a spot in each one please. I know I want to do a vanilla wafer cake for the Christmas desert as it is a staple at our Christmas gatherings. I will have to look and decide on a brunch recipe.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• arteshamac Said:
So for example, if there are five people in your group, you make the same recipe card for each person in the group?

Yes! I limit the number of people to each group to 10. We usually don't have that many people and I'll usually have 3 or 4 categories you can pick from. We'll see. If we fill up the spots and the regulars sign up, I'll open up a second spot for each category.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

Hi Sally, pls sign me up for the christmas desserts swap.....does this mean it could be a cookie recipe or does it mean strickly desserts? I host a cookie swap every year,,hoping to pick from one of my recipes on hand? If not,,its ok, i will come up with a dessert.
I have a full work load this month,,,I will let you know if I can commit to both groups with in the week,,,,Thanks!
Corry

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Sally, sorry if I am asking too many questions, but for example if I am giving a recipe for banana pudding do the recipe cards(for banana pudding) that I craft have to be exactly the same?

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

Let me think about this one. It depends on how much stuff I can get done before the 16th

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jessicaLB

Corry - we had a cookie swap last year, let me know what recipe you have in mind and I'll let you know if it's a duplicate of last year.

Artesha, the cards don't have to be decorated the same, but the recipe needs to be the same.

Jessica, hope you can join us for at least one recipe, especially since we're getting some new faces joining us this month. It will be fun swapping out all the different recipes!

That's what I love about the recipe swap, even if there's only 3 us, we get to try out 2 new recipes or if 2 or 3 different categories, that's 4 or 6 new recipes a month! And it's made me bring out my old cook books and recipes that have been forgotten.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Jci:) Ok, Sally. Got it!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

Can I have a spot in christmas desserts?

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to Lunareclipse

Sally, since I am fairly new to swapping and don't want to become overwhelmed because I am doing other swaps, could I please just have a spot in desserts? I definitely don't want to be known as a flaker. I will get my Christmas dessert to you by tomorrow. Thank you.

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

Went to a weekend-long crop...how could it be bad?!

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics