Page 2 of 7 
Username Post: November/December Recipe card swap-Swapped out        (Topic#1582299)
minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to krispyb

I have never been to a crop....but there are a few that i have heard about in my area....i should grab a friend and check it out sometime!

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to minderaser97

I love them! I get soooo much actual scrapbooking done.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to krispyb

Not a problem, Artesha, glad you can join us for desserts. And welcome Lunareclipse.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Lookin4newideas

I've never been to a weekend crop or an all day one. I've been to ones from 9-4, I guess that's half day. Sometimes I get stuff done. But then I have to haul everything there and back. I do plan better when I go to them.

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

We do these about every 4-5 months in Lansing...you're not too far away, you should come up for one. I'd be willing to split my hotel room, too.

The one I do is hosted by a friends mom and we use the hotels conference center. It's $15/day and we get a comfy chair and 1-2 6' tables (your preference). What I really like about it is that it doesn't get too big/crowded/noisy (except one particularly obnoxious lady who was there on Saturday....my word was she loud)...there was about 10 people on Saturday and 8 on Sunday.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to krispyb

Never been to a crop before. What's it like?

krispyb
Idol
krispyb
In response to Lunareclipse

Lots of chatting, swapping ideas, giving and receiving advise. I get a lot of work done...usually 15-20 2 page layouts.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry
In response to krispyb

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun Kris
Wish I lived closer, id love to join,,,,swapping from Canada !

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry
In response to craftncorry

HI Sally, ive decided on recipe, I understand not wanting more cookie recipes as you have enough from last year. My Mom makes a simple yet yummy dessert every xmas eve,,thought you all might enjoy....its called HOLIDAY CRANBERRY Cobbler ....crazy easy but comforting none the less and we all look forward to it since we are all so busy that night getting things wrapped and visiting friends and family. Served with ice cream or whipped cream.....mmmmm YUM !

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to craftncorry

Corry, that's weird, I just saw a recipe today for cranberry cobbler, but they called it something different in a magazine today. It sounded really good. It will be nice to have the recipe on hand!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Jci:) Still trying to decide on a dessert. I want something yummy, but also one that I can add embellish in a super cute way:)

minderaser97
Resident
minderaser97
In response to arteshamac

Can i do Almond Bars for my Christmas Dessert?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to minderaser97

mmm, those sound good..

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac

Jci Trying to decide which of the two recipes I want to commit to doing. Decisions decisions:) I will let you know soon, Sally.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

Can my recipe be a surprise? I KNOW nobody will have it here. My recipes are sooo delicious. I think I might even make a sample of my junk for people to try to send along with my recipe.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

eeny meeny miny moe, my mother said to pick the very best one and you are going to be it!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Lunareclipse

• Lunareclipse Said:
Can my recipe be a surprise? I KNOW nobody will have it here. My recipes are sooo delicious. I think I might even make a sample of my junk for people to try to send along with my recipe.

hmmmm, I've never had anyone ask me that before...

Let's take a poll (she's giving out samples, ladies!!!)

krispyb
Idol
krispyb

I'm good with that! Honestly, I forget who's doing what anyways....and almost forgot to pick my recipes to tell you.

Brunch - Egg Bake

Christmas Dessert - Toffee Bars

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to krispyb

Toffee bars sound delicious! And I am cool with surprise recipes:)

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

All the recipes sound yummy,,I like surprise recipes too

Page 2 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics