Username Post: Breast Cancer Lay Out Ideas        (Topic#1582327)
crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping

My sister and i are going to a retreat this weekend. I offered to help her with a scrapbook for a friend who has breast cancer. She has some pictures and those should be easy to do but she also wants to make some pages to be filled in. I desperately need some ideas. i have already been to the gallery. Thanks in advance.

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

i came across a site with some quotes i can use.

http://www.great-inspirational-quote s.net/Inspirational...

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

I think I still have some pages from my own cancer journey album in my gallery....

Off the top of my head:

wig shopping day (that can be an awesome two-pager)
Week In The Life (another double)

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to MommaSaid

Oh!

A page about the nurses at the treatment center.

Life by the numbers -- cbc counts, cancer markers, number of expected treatments....

It would also be brilliant to ensure plenty of space for detailed journaling.

Still thinking.... I'll apologize now if it seems I'm overly excited and offer up too much information. I just think it's an excellent idea for all cancer fighters to have an album that tells her (and his) unique story. It works as motivation to continue fighting AND education for those who just don't know.

What sort of pages have already been done?

No Victim Here By MommaSaid

Hair Today By MommaSaid

Smart Hat By MommaSaid

Pervert By MommaSaid

Edited by MommaSaid on 11-03-12 07:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to MommaSaid

Also:

A page on which she can retell the story of the day she got the news.

Events -- 5K walks (and, yes, I know how physically demanding that is, but some are able to manage it); fund raisers;

A page about her reasons to get up and fight everyday -- family, preferred activities, etc.

A page, just in case, about having to stand around in election lines.... unless she scored an absentee ballot.

A page about chemo-brain.

The tips and tricks she's learned about managing her symptoms.

The worst day ever.

The best day ever.

multiple pages dedicated to her support system -- the people there for her everyday.

changes in body

changes in contents and size of her purse -- I swear I now carry a pharmacy in mine.

a room she's sick of being in during recovery and/or treatment; and how she'd redecorate it, if she could.

OH! Just random, but your fighting friend may also appreicate her own art journal or a timely mini into which she can record the 20-something things/people/ideas she's thankful for. It's nice to bring along to treatments, when side effects hit hard.

Edited by MommaSaid on 11-03-12 08:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to MommaSaid

Anne, where is your "like" button???

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Juansmom

This may help me too. I have lots of pink stuff, and cancer stuff as well as photos, but I just haven't been able to scrap mine yet. I just look at it and say nope.

I figured I just wasn't ready, but maybe the ideas will get me moving.

jlj889
jlj889 
Resident
jlj889

You could do a page for her of all the great people she will meet along the way; other fighters, volunteers that come and visit, special nurses and other hospital staff, and people or organizations that help her out or that she admires (there will be a few).

I would definitely leave areas for her to journal in and record her thoughts maybe even use envelopes so she can keep some of her thoughts private.

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping
In response to jlj889

you amaze me with all of the wonderful ideas you have. I have started with some pages that i have photos for like when she shaved her head and also pictures of a benefit as well as a Christmas tree decorated in pink but i needed the info on what to put in to allow her to journal. Thank you so much.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Juansmom

• Juansmom Said:
Anne, where is your "like" button???

LOL! I think it's somewhere at the bottom of my coffee cup this morning.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to MommaSaid

I think that I saw a coupla LO's in a past Creative Memories catalog That were all pretty and pink and pink-ribbony. They sell/sold a ribbon punch and showed how to use the punch to make other shapes, like petals of a flower n stuff. It was cute n clever. That said, I hope I NEVER have to do this topic in my scrapbook.

Scrapbook Roadie
Resident
Scrapbook Roadie
In response to Juansmom

I don't know if this helps or not, but you may want to check out the Moxxie "Road to Recovery" collection here at sb.com. http://store.scrapbook.com/mx-rr-1319.html
Not only are there some good products and quotes to help with layouts, there are some beautiful samples to inspire as well. Good luck!

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping
In response to Scrapbook Roadie

yes, i like the road to recovery paper and will order it. I used the CM i think it's called think pink set and album. I also used the pink journey cricut cartridge. Thanks again for your help. It will take me a while to get this all how i want.

bears99
Diva
bears99

• crazyaboutscrapping Said:
i came across a site with some quotes i can use.

http://www.great-inspirational-quote s.net/Inspirational...

thank you for this link...as I scrap my journey with Multiple myeloma I will use some of these...as well as some of the other ideas put forth in this thread!! thanks again...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics