Hopefully someone can help me out here...
My Mum is a mad scrapbooking and other craft addict. Quite a number of years ago (2007?) I bought her a Sizzix "Big Red" machine (I think!) and a load of diecuts.
Now it seems time has moved on and she is itching to try some other diecuts which won't fit the Big Red. I would love to kit her out "properly" for Christmas. But all I have are snippets of information - I'm hoping some of you far more knowledgeable folks can make some sense of these and come up with a recommendation for us:
- she mentioned the Sizzix Big Shot as a possibility
- she also mentioned the Tim Holst Vagabond machine
- she has a whole bunch of dies which work with the Big Red
- she once bought a Tim Holst die which she loved but had to change it since it wouldn’t fit
- she has some Spellbinders dies which she can use after buying a plastic plate but not always successful
- she would like to be able to emboss and use some of the newer dies for layering
- possibly use it for patchwork by cutting out the material shapes
- she does suffer from arthritis, so if something is easier on the hands than something else that would be a huge bonus
I care rather less about cost than she does if I do the buying. So if the solution is to "buy both" the Vagabond and Big Shot then fine, or if that is plain silly and one does all the other does or whatever then I would love to know.
Many thanks for your invaluable help and advice...