Page 1 of 9 
Username Post: November Budget Challenge        (Topic#1582451)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome to the November BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of November that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed a twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

My scrappy budget for November is $150 - I need Christmas supplies - some for gifts, some for cards.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

My budget is $50 for impulse items.
I need nothing!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Okay I spent $46 on the SU Scensational Bundle, some scented embossing powder, some dazzle markers in silver and gold and a sanding kit for my core-dinations card stock

150-46=104 (boy that didn't take long)

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. Once again, I'm going to get through this month without spending on ANYthing except trimmer blades and adhesive.

I have NO need of ANYthing.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Thanks for posting again, Tammy! I'm in as usual and also as usual have already spent some of my budget... (But I see I'm not the first! LOL)

Budget: $100 (WHICH I WILL NOT SPEND ALL OF!!!)
Wishlist: EP PhotoFreedom kits (all three), EP PhotoFreedom sleeves (all five), EP This & That Christmas kit, Petaloo/DA and Jenni Bowlin chipboard pieces, Simple Stories SNAP Life collection, Simple Stories Take a Hike 12x12 stickers (both), Cricut Accent Essentials cart, MME and TC Christmas washi tape packs, Pink Paislee resist words/shapes, Prima Soubrette orange, blue or variety pack flowers
Twist: NO BABY PAPER! NO OTHER CRICUT CARTS!! NO OTHER FLOWERS! (You have a boy, dummy... you don't need flowers!)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Sonja I was an anti-flower gal for my boys for years, but find reason to add them now:)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

No one ever NEEDS anything, Pat... I certainly don't! I haven't touched my stuff since the end of Sept.

That said... here's my update based on what I've spent in the last six days...
Budget: $100-10-14.50-32= $43.50
Wishlist: EP PhotoFreedom kits (all threetwo), EP PhotoFreedom sleeves (all five), EP This & That Christmas kit, Petaloo/DA and Jenni Bowlin chipboard pieces, Simple Stories SNAP Life collection, Simple Stories Take a Hike 12x12 stickers (both), Cricut Accent Essentials cart, MME and TC Christmas washi tape packs, Pink Paislee resist words/shapes, Prima Soubrette orange, blue or variety pack flowers

I won the cartridge on evilbay over the weekend and placed my Crop Chocolate order last Friday which included the EP Happy Little Moments Photo Freedom kit and This & That Christmas kit, among other unnecessary items.... Oh and I got bamboozled by the Peachy deal over the weekend which was five packs of those layered felt embellies from BG. And I should be DONE for the month until I actually scrap something, but we'll see...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Well we went to the doctor...no heartbeat yet, but the doctor said that is normal I am only 6 weeks and two days and she is happy with where I am....next time hopefully!!

We are so excited...we will be taking our last trip as a couple for quite some time LOL...we leave saturday to visit mickey...

my budget is $50-$25 LOL=$25
I had to get some baby papers I mean really LOL!! I spent $25 on some farmhouse papers market square papers, simple stories baby line, and some christmas papers (like I need more christmas papers LOL)....

We will be away next week and the week after is thanksgiving...if i can survive black friday i will be in good shape LMAO

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to newtoscrapping2011

OMG COURTNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!...I saw your name on this challenge and thanks goodness I came in to see...you are pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!Congratulations!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!....You didnt tell US!!!..ya know...US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to MarciLB

WHOOT! Congratulations, Courtney!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to GentlewoodFarms

LOL Marci!! Sorry...I now told "US" lmao I left a post over there LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Thank you all....I will be looking for guidance because well Im clueless LOL!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Rule #1. You can never love a child too much.

Rule #2. When in doubt, hug.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Holy smokes, Pat, no truer words could be typed!

And I'll add to that my own:
#3 - Memorize the 'crying checklist': Is he/she wet? Hungry? Too hot? Too cold? Hurt somehow? Tired? That's really all you need the first few months.
#4 - This too shall pass (eventually... and it'll be replaced by a whole new set of concerns/fears/issues/spe cial moments)! So enjoy it and laugh it off!

OHHH!! I'm SOOO excited for you!!!!!!!

*gasp* Simple Stories baby line... was that 'Baby Steps' by chance??? I that line... Used it to scrap the professional newborn photos of Carlo and bought extras cuz I love it so much! Will prob have to add it to my Hoarded list tho cuz it really hurts to cut into it...

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Budget: $75

Wish: HFC Delicate Asters stamp and die

Twist: No paper, no flowers, no leaves, no embellishments, no ribbon, no punches, I need nothing.

I'm going to try and spend much less than the amount listed, but sometimes my good intentions fall to the wayside... Still working on my wish list. Right now I'm just disgusted about my room being packed to the gills. I really need to use some stuff. I've been crafting too, but I seem to buy it much faster than I use it.

I do need to consider getting a printer just for photos. I'm deciding between the Epson Picture Mate Charm and the Canon Selphy. Any recommends?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

for photos I would go with the canon. My experience is for photo printing they cannot be beat. They know photos!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I have an HP Photosmart.

It's photo specific, and anytime I take my photos to a crop, I always get asked where I got them printed.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

I agree with Pat, mine's a HP Photosmart too. It's an all-in-one, but prints really well and the photos turn out great.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

By the way, Tina, I didn't even see your comment to me regarding using flowers on boy pages, sorry!!! I probably will be able to get away with using flowers for these first couple years, but there'll probably be a period of about 10-15 years where that they will appear MUCH less often! And DH is always saying 'No fruity stuff for my son!' whenever I bring home pretty flowers! LOL!

Page 1 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics