Page 2 of 9 
Username Post: November Budget Challenge        (Topic#1582451)
newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Pat..that is great advice....and so so true!!

Sonja, Yes Baby Steps LOL I think I got like 4 of each sheet LOL...I am currently going through the overly bloated and look 6 months pregnant stage and im not liking it even a little bit LOL..At this rate its a good thing I am going away because my coworkers would notice immediately LOL.

Other than that I feel pretty good...knock on wood no nausea yet...crossing my fingers and toes that stays away....

Tonight is laundry and packing for our trip....I need this trip so badly...so so excited.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

have fun Courtney! and you only think you look 6 months pregnant - wait until you - I hope you are taking pics each month!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Tammy if I took a picture right now you would swear i wasnt 6 weeks LOL....I am super bloated even my husband asked me if I calculated how far along I was correctly LMAO!! he said the babys only the size of a pea...why is your stomach so big LOL...NONE of my clothes fit...off to try and find maternity shorts for our trip....this should be fun in November...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I am sure you are beautiful!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Go to the discount stores, Courtney! I lived in Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshall's plus-size sections for most of my pregnancy! And occassionally I found maternity stuff there too! The preggo stuff is WAY overpriced!

Too bad u r leaving so soon... I have a pair of maternity shorts I could send ya! Want me to FedEx them to your hotel??

And Tammy's right... wait till you actually are 6 months pregnant! Dont' worry, your DH still thinks you're beautiful! There were days I felt like I looked 6 months preggo and others that I didn't look pregnant at all (for the first few months anyway!)

Edited by SonjaC on 11-08-12 04:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Yes, my doctor said it was normal...Thanks hun you are so so sweet...The preggo clothes are crazy expensive....I have packed 5 pairs of yoga capri's at least i will be comfy LOL.....I am not spending $45 for a pair of maternity jeans, I don't even spend that on my normal jeans.

I told DH that we should start a maternity consignment shop...I mean how much do you wear the stuff!! LOL

Ok Rant over....LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Today I just have to say how thankful I am that I was able to put on normal jeans and not be uncomfortable!! thank god the bloating is going down!!! Lets see how I feel after lunch LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Oh I TOTALLY agree!!! They are way too overpriced! I did break down and spent $30 on a pair of brown dress pants - but ONLY because I couldn't find brown anywhere in the discount stores and needed for work!

I will say... maternity clothes are actually pretty comfortable! I'm still wearing some of mine, but only out of habit, they really don't fit me anymore. And SO true! You really do only wear them for about 5-6 months anyway so the cost is sooo high! I'm sure there are consignment shops out there (there are for baby stuff), but if there isn't one in your area, talk about a BIG opportunity! LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

I have come to the conclusion that this forum should not be about how much money we are NOT going to spend, but to be accountable for what we DO spend.

I went to a crop last night.

I bought 3 sheets of paper, a sheet of cardstock, and a yard of burlap ribbon. $6.

Then today, I bought a jar of black flower soft. $5

I also bought a couple of bottles of 3-in-1 adhesive, but I was OUT so that doesn't count.

That's a total of $11 for the past two days.

And I was going to go the whole month without spending.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to GentlewoodFarms

LOL, Pat, I'm right besides you. Went to work and saw a Martha Stewart PATP (spiders) tossed in a basket with a ton of Halloween junk. Scanned it and it was on sale from $24.99 to $4 something. I do not need a spider PATP set, but I also had a 25% off coupon for sale items. I got the set for $3.50. Then I picked up two MME 6x6 pads that were on sale plus the $25% off. I think I spent about $9. There goes my twist of no paper. I also bought blades for my trimmer, but I don't count trimmer blades in my budget. Can't create if I can't cut. Oh well, at least I haven't busted.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

Budget: $75-$9=$66

Wish: HFC Delicate Asters stamp and die

Twist: No paper, no flowers, no leaves, no embellishments, no ribbon, no punches, I need nothing. Paper twist is blown.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

umm yes Kelly you did blow your twist on No paper but also on No Punches.

Now as much as I love that delicte asters stamp and die - I am goign to give you the benefit of saying since technically it is only used to create flowers and leaves then it doesn't count in your twist! LOL see how generous I am feeling.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Uh-oh, I forgot about that no punch twist.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
My budget is $50 for impulse items.
I need nothing!

Went to Archivers yesterday to do the two make and takes. Spent $10 on misc.

$50=10=40

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

I haven't spent anything!
Well... since the first five days anyway! I need nothing, I want everything, but I haven't done a danged thing since the end of Sept! NO spending till I create something!!!!
BWAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

I did get my PhotoFreedom kit from EP today and THAT is WAY cool!!!! Now to see if I can actually do something with it...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

What the heck Bo Bunny.... Why MUST you do this to me?!?

Reminds me of the Midnight Frost collection - of which I have the whole thing...
Products Referenced in This Post:

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

I loved Winter Frost so much I didn't even buy it cause I knew I wouldn't cut into it. But surely Miss Sonja you have some skiing pics for this collection that you haven't scrapped yet.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Tammy how are you doing?

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

if i can still join in, i am just getting back to scrappin' so would love to join this. I have only $50 I can spend between now and the rest of the month and am in need of EVERYTHING. When we moved, most of my stash got ruined, so it's almost like starting over! I'll be hitting up michaels and joanes as well as hobby lobby come friday and am praying for some great deals not only on paper but on embellies as well

I wasn't including this in my budget, but last week, I got 2 colorbok 50 page stacks for $5 each! They are beautiful and I love them!

Page 2 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics