Page 5 of 9 
Username Post: November Budget Challenge        (Topic#1582451)
flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to GentlewoodFarms

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Hey girls! Sorry I've been "not here." I've been BUSY.

Too busy to shop, too busy to crop, too busy to scrap, to busy to keep up with more than a fly by!

DD is coming home for tGiving. I'm feeding 30 people at my house this year. Trying to get things bought and pre-cooked all I can, and trying to get some little "round the house" projects done before the big day.

I've decided, after MUCH soul searching, to give up my PT job at my LSS. The hours are too erratic, and my creativity is suffering a bit due to the necessity of creating only projects that can be squeezed into a two-hour class block. I have three more classes to teach - two on Saturday, one on Tuesday, and one more day of full day work, and then I'm done.

Today - I went and interviewed for another PT job. It's an afternoon/evening teller position at my local bank. Hours would be very regular so the paycheck would be predictable, and the commute would be practically non-existent. Add to, the branch office is inside my local grocery store, so I'd be able to pick up dinner on the way home - literally. I'd have all morning to do my own thing, and I'd still be home at a reasonable hour.

My scrap room looks like it's thrown up on itself again, so that's a project for Sunday, along with my DT project for Nuts About Sketches due Sunday.

Gads. NO time. NOOOOO time.

Hi everybody!

mine too. i worked in mine for about 1/2 hour today... it's coming together, but it's also my office, so when work calls i must do what is needed

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to flutterbye0419

I bought 17 sheets of Kaiser Craft and some Prima buttons today for $20 so that leaves me with $84!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Ladybing Tammy

you are lookin good there tammy... i haven't spent anything today and don't plan to til next friday... i am trying to only shop for scrappy stuff on fridays (notice i said TRYING)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

at least you are trying and are being aware Dawn!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

yeah, i did get some possible good news today: ryan's been doing the job of the foreman while in nashville, and his boss is very impressed. he may be getting a crew of his own.. with this means a raise!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

that's definitely good news

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

yes, it's an answered prayer! now if he could just be based out of florida instead of all over the us, we would be doing REALLY good! he's been gone for 5 weeks and won't be home til wednesday, so 5.5 weeks by the time he come home

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

I SCRAPPED!!!!

Went to an all-day crop today at M's. Well I was only there 4 hours, but I got five pages done!!!!

And then I shopped... Well not much really, and I sort of covered one other item on my list with it. Did you guys see that We R Memory Keepers has their own version of the EP Photo Freedom kits? Theirs are slightly different and M's sells them! They have a 25-pack of a mix of the clear covers and you can even use 6x6 papers in them. Slightly different, but SO close and worth it! I bought a pack that was 40% off thru today. Also got two Recollections washi tapes that were 50% off and a cute MS embellie pack of pom-pom bugs with leaves (for a page I want to do of my little bug)! Spent $17.50. Will update my list next...

WOW Dawn! Great haul! And I agree... I guess your twist next month is paper, right? LOL

I nearly caved on the Peachy deal of mists, but I can barely fit the mists I have in my storage container so prob need to hold off there... lol! Dawn, I LOVE me some mists!! I have almost as many masks and stencils as I have mist and ink colors. The mark of a successful scrappy day for me is inky fingers! LOL!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Budget: $100-10-14.50-32-17.50= $26
Wishlist: EP PhotoFreedom kits (all threetwo), EP PhotoFreedom sleeves (all five), EP This & That Christmas kit, Petaloo/DA and Jenni Bowlin chipboard pieces, Simple Stories SNAP Life collection, Simple Stories Take a Hike 12x12 stickers (both), Cricut Accent Essentials cart, MME and TC Christmas washi tape packs, Pink Paislee resist words/shapes, Prima Soubrette orange, blue or variety pack flowers

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

yes, sonja, my twist will be NO PAPER! so i have to use what's left in my budget this month on solid color cardstock. i have only about 30 sheets, and want to make sure i am well covered in that area... but other than that, i don't think i need anything else, well i can "get by" until next month.

oh, update on the hubbs-- he didn't tell me this until yesterday-- while he's been away, he's be acting the foreman for his crew. his boss called yesterday and told him what a great job he did in nashville as the foreman! wow! this is awesome! this could mean ryan getting his own crew AND a raise!!!!!! not sure if i put this in here, but hey, it's early and i've not had my coffee yet

i got 4 layouts done yesterday! I wanna do 2 today!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Pat sounds like you are happy (and relieved) with your decision. I hope the new PT job works out.

Dawn keeping fingers crossed your hubbys foreman job comes thru.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to tinadn

thank you tina! it would be a blessing!

i'm looking forward to school too! it will be a long hard road, but well worth it in the end

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Hi ladies!!! You may all pass out when I tell you that I have not spent one scrappy dollar!!! I have missed you ladies!!

Welcome Dawn. Sonja and I are definite enablers lol.

We are at Orlando airport waiting to come home from our amazing vacation. I have snapped everyday. Don't think I will Beanie to pull that off at work tomorrow. This baby is taking all my energy. Its weird I dont have a huge appetite. Just get hungry often.

Disney was amazing and we got in some attractions that weren't slated to open until December!!was pretty cool

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to newtoscrapping2011

courtney, i prolly am an enabler too... when i find deals, let me tell ya, i tell everyone!!!! lol

sounds like you had a great trip!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I have some deals from Dawn to pass along but I just have been too tired to spend much time on here.

Welcome home Courtney - and that is not abnormal - lots of women want to graze all day - just not a lot at a time and given how far along you are tired is also normal - now combine that with Disney and voila - that is tiring on it's own. Hugs

Hey Sonja - love the FB bomb of wee Carlo

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

tammy, i totally understand where you are coming from. i got 2 HUGE boxes delivered today (not sb related) and had to completely re arrange my bedroom just to store them in there! they were the gifts for the girls from santa, so that's gonna be there for about a month... and i can't wait til they are gone! taking up too much room!

needless to say, just re organizing my room gave me the umph to do the bathroom, girls room, living room, office, and kitchen/dining area.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

My house looks like a bomb went off LOL...we got home at 11:30 pm and back to work today....so we literally dropped our luggage and left! I need to do laundry tonight...but all i really want to do is sleep LOL

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to newtoscrapping2011

wow! courtney, that's kind of how my office looks, but by this time tomorrow, it will all be in order...

oh, i found a great deal on a trimmer, so it is lookign like that's gonna be my friday splurge... that and the rest of the cardstock that i need... for some reason, i just can't seem to keep enough solid colors in this scrappy haven of mine...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

Dawn - That's great for your hubby! I'll be thinking happy thoughts for him! And for the record, I don't think we count cardstock as 'paper' cuz you really can't scrap w/o it! (But then, I could justify the paper too if I had to! ) Oooo, what were the Christmas gifts for the girls?? (Nosy, aren't I?) I agree on the CS issue... when I find a color I like is on sale, I buy ALL of them! I currently have about 50 pieces of the 'Bitter Chocolate' color by Bazzill... it's my fave and SO versitile!

LOL Tammy - You liked that bomb? I accidently posted the portraits from his photo shoot this past weekend and didn't want to until after we send out our holiday cards (which are WAY cute!) My dad's right... we are having SO much fun with this baby! **SQUEEE** for Courtney!!!

Welcome back Courtney!!!!! I'm exhausted myself, I've had to do all the spending and enabling for the both of us while you were off playing with Mickey!
And yes, that fatigue feeling is totally normal and will go away around the beginning of the 2nd trimester. Then you will have TONS of energy for about 3-4 more months until you get really big, THEN you'll be exhausted and swollen all the time! LMAO! Fun, eh? Take it easy and seriously, just rest! Remember, your body is doing double-duty right now so SLEEP as often as you can and don't feel the LEAST bit guilty about it! Your DH has to learn sooner or later that he'll have to pick up the slack and take on extra chores like laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc! And get used to asking for help now, you'll be doing that for the next 10 years at least what I've heard! LOL

DH did good this weekend with the baby! He didn't even take him over to his mom's house! I'm SO proud! Of course he acted like he'd moved a mountain each day - when I do that every day! I'm coming to terms that motherhood is a (mostly) thankless job 363 days of the year... (excluding my birthday and Mother's Day of course) He needed the bonding time as he hasn't spent more than an hour alone with Carlo since he was born and he needs the confidence that he can care for his boy. They bonded over a cup of pudding... *shudder* Speaking of, we're going to start him on solids this weekend!! Rice/oatmeal cereal only of course, but it's all downhill from there!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Dawn - That's great for your hubby! I'll be thinking happy thoughts for him! And for the record, I don't think we count cardstock as 'paper' cuz you really can't scrap w/o it! (But then, I could justify the paper too if I had to! ) Oooo, what were the Christmas gifts for the girls?? (Nosy, aren't I?) I agree on the CS issue... when I find a color I like is on

so according to sonja, i have 48 not 43, since $5 of what i spent last week was cs!! woo hooooo! LOL

as for the presents: guitar with case and all that jazz for one and a keyboard with stand, adapter, headphones for the other... i'll post pics when they discover the gifts

Page 5 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics