Username Post: Anyone tried the techniques in this book?        (Topic#1582461)
kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I just picked up this book at my LSS and it is so cool! I can't wait to try some of the techniqes mentioned in it and was wondering if any of you had done any.....
They show paper quilting, bubble wrap painting, embossed metal chipboard (using tinfoil), sticker masking, dryer sheet art, candy wrapper decoupage....

The ones I want to try first are "faux letterpress", where you ink your embossing folder and then run it through the BigShot....
And "encased" where you use gel medium on 2 pieces of tissue paper, then stamp an image onto cs and cut it out, stick it to the tissue, add another tissue paper on top and more gel medium....it looks like the image is floating in the tissue paper!

Anyone have any examples of anything like these they want to show off?

Alison

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to kiyawinn

I've used ink on my embossing folders, I'm made cards out of drier sheets, lots of these things, I don't have photos because most of them were in classes they are all fun and can be used with scrapbooks and minis

Expert
In response to Sneezy1956

I actually bought that book a couple of months ago. I haven't tried anything yet though!

Diva
In response to scrappy_day

I haven't seen that specific book. SOunds interesting!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to bayamonesa1

I know I want to try paper quilting and quilling. I haven't found the time to try either techniques yet but I am hoping this weekend when the kids go to their grandmothers I can get some serious scrapping going on.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to thehappyscrapper8

What a cool book!! I'd love to find a copy for myself!!!

I've done the faux letterpress and the chip/foil embossing but I love trying new techniques.

I have the letterpress tag in my gallery, but I don't think I've uploaded the foil embossed one yet. I do have a notepad I made using embossed foil technique, but the photo didn't turn out all that great. Everything looks dark

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

chip/foil embossing :

Canvas Notebook By Kim222

and faux letterpress :

Scissors Tag By Kim222

Edited by Kim222 on 11-09-12 10:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Kim222

Very cool, Kim! I love the tag...it's great!
I can't wait to try some of the techniques in this book as well.....
It's a great time of the year 'cause I can try out all the techniques on Christmas cards and then add to layouts when I like them....

Alison

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to kiyawinn

Haven't tried the techniques but I have taken two of Vicki's classes and she is an amazing teacher and great creativity!!! I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics