Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Stampin' Up?        (Topic#1582481)
a_hodgins
Resident
a_hodgins
In response to amityknight

Hi amityknight I was looking at your blog really like the pink card nice job I am looking to sign up in the new year after Christmas haha

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I did my first class with in two months of joining. For me, I needed to do it. Just to know that I could. Your class doesn't have to be big. I can't host to many in my house, but it works for me. Most of my customers are first time stampers, they need more help. It enables me to help.
I should have noted that $300 is the US totals. I live in a box I swear!!! I forget that SU is a world wide company! I find that so cool!!
I posted my next class on facebook and I was VERY surprised at the people that were interested!! I am also going to do a card buffet class in Feb., which is a lot of prep but works really well. You make 10 card designs. Customers pick what and how many of each card they want to make. For example: For $20, they can make 10 cards. They can make 10 of ONE card or one of each of my 10 designs, or 2 of one style, 3 of another and 5 of another design. All cards are precut and there is a sample card and directions at each station. Customers come anytime between the hours of say 12-6pm. First come first serve. Any cards that are left over, go onto the next months buffet along with new designs. (no waste!!!) It is a lot of fun, and laid back. I will also offer 10 cards for free with a $50 order!! Some order, some don't. But either way, they are happy and I am happy! Fun for all.
My goal in the new year is to have a class or workshop every other month at the least. I am also hoping to have three downlines. I have one friend who has already said she is joining in January so I am down to 2!!!! I am excited at holding demo meetings for my downline...I know silly but I really do love mentoring and teaching!!
These are personal goals. I may or may not achieve those but working hard to do so. I love crafting and I love getting together with other crafters, that is where I come from when I host events. Sure it is a business but if I am not having fun or my customers aren't having fun, then I am in the WRONG business.

Have fun with it, if you enjoy it and have fun, you will be a success!!!! Off to check out your blog!!!

cricketscreations
Expert
cricketscreations

I was a SU demonstrator, but found it very limiting with the $300 per quarter required minimum. There are so many products out there to spend my money on I didn't want to be tied down to just one.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to cricketscreations

Yep, that was one of my considerations, too. And I still purchase items from other manufacturers as well. So far meeting the quota hasn't been a problem for me, but if it became one, I'd drop out of course. I wouldn't stay on just to meet the quota. I actually find that I now don't just randomly shop around anymore. And that probably saved me a bit so far, lol.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics