Username Post: Stampin' Up        (Topic#1582483)
sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine

I'm thinking of signing up as a Stampin' Up demonstrator, mostly to buy the items at the discounted price. Are there any demonstrators here who can give me their advice? I only have 1-2 friends who scrap...

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to sabine

I used to be a demonstrator. I'm a stay at home mom who only has a few friends who scrap.
It was really, really hard to do it and I ended up having to meet my quotas myself.
I would do a little research into what kind of demonstrator you will want to be. If you truly want to be a hobby demo, someone who is in it just for the discounts, then there's only the minimums to consider.
If you want to have workshops, you'll need to consider who will come to the parties. 99.9% likely, you won't get people who just call you wanting a demonstrator. You'll need to create business yourself. This will have to happen either through your coworkers or whatever other activities you are involved with such as church or a PTA.
Stampin Up is great at providing support but the company can't give workshops for you.

Edited by Kendraj78 on 11-07-12 06:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to sabine

Sabine,

I don't know about Stampin' Up, but I can share my experience and information about Close to my Heart.

I joined CTMH in August of this year because like you, I needed a way to get quality and coordinated supplies at a discount. I love it! It is a very small investment to get started; only $49 to join and get the basic "Essentials" kit. Then if you purchase/sell $300 or more per quarter all your product is at a 22% discount. If you only purchase/sell $100-299 per quarter you still get 10% off.

I'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have about my experience. My email is createwithcare@att.net

**Edited per board rules. No advertising/links.

Karen

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 11-08-12 05:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to createwithcare

Several years ago, I saw a cute stamp set from SU! that I liked, but the local rep I found wasn't good (not creative, disorganized, weird ... ) and I'd posted on FB about my first ever stamping get together being a bust. One of my HS friends that was rarely on, sent me the name of an SU! gal that she'd done a class with and really enjoyed. I looked her up, started following her blog, and she is AMAZING! She also does long distance stamp clubs, for out of state people like me. I just signed up for a second one a few days ago, I enjoyed it so much. I'd be happy to pass her name and info on to you. She could be a really great source of info for you!! Good luck!

Katydidd
Resident
Katydidd
In response to tanyaham

I have also been thinking about doing this too. And like you, mostly for the discount.

skrapaddict
Guru
skrapaddict
In response to Katydidd

I joined SU a few years ago just to get the discount too and it didn't work out very well. You have to spend a minimum of $450 every 3 months to maintain your demonstrator status. And with the amount of shipping and handling and taxes you have to pay, your discount doesn't amount to much.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Katydidd

I am a current Stampin' Up demo. I started out being a hobby demo for the discount. There are many hobby demos out there. As long as you meet your quartly mins you are fine. I meet these myself with no problems, but my customers put me into a higher catagory. I enjoy SU products. I buy all my solid cardstock through SU. I also buy all my ink through them. I I love coordinating items such as the ribbon, buttons, and brads. I do like other products and buy other products as well. Now, if I am having a class, I only have SU products being used.
I have held one class and I am planning on another class after the holidays. I enjoyed it and that is why I want to do more. Classes don't have to be big, I can comfortably have 5-8 in my house.
There is always support and ideas to grow your business if you chose but you don't have to do that if you don't want to. I have an online store so people can order from me if they would like. I actually have two cross country customers, I have a blog and post projects that I do on it. That is where some of my away customers come from. I am always available to ask questions or just to gab!!
When joining, you want a good upline. Maybe you have a friend that is a demo. Basically someone that you can ask questions to, for support, or just to talk. I have a great upline, and Up UPline. If my upline doesn't know, she asks her upline. I love the support!!! We are in different areas, they live in Raleigh, NC and I live in Concord, NC. We have our own customers and client base.
You can always drop if it doesn't work out for you. And there are a lot of signing deals right now!!!! With the big online sale starting on Monday, it would be a great time to join. Feel free to ask me any questions.
Good luck in whatever you decide.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to binkiemonstermom

You have to spend $300 per quarter in the US.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to Katydidd

Hi,

I ended up signing up with Stampin' Up! and I'm so excited about it! My website is **Edited per board rules. I have a wonderful upline who is part of the Founders Circle and who is perfect for informing me and training me about everything I need to know. What have you decided on doing?

Edited by Megan - ForumTech on 12-03-12 02:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to sabine

Please remove the links - no advertising. Don't make me mop you.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics