Username Post: Sizzix Machines        (Topic#1582509)
sbartist
Governor
sbartist

Specifically Big Shot and Big Kick

If you have either one of these machines, what accessories do you have and what are the accessories used for?

I have been looking at both machines but with all of the accessories to choose from to make the machines compatible with other manufacturer dies, it has confused me on what may be needed for each machine.

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to sbartist

Both the BigShot and BigKick come with a multi-purpose platform that adapts for all the dies. I have never had to buy anything else and I have dies from all the other companies. Occasionally I need to use a piece of cardstock to shim with the thinner dies, but other than that, they all cut just fine. If you are embossing with the Spellbinder dies, you might want to get their embossing pads.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to sbartist

I have the Big Shot. You need to make sure it has the platform below if you are going to buy it- It tells you which tabs to use with which dies-- even other manufacturers. I also have the clear plates (long skinny ones below) because I have 2 dies that require that. I have the textures set (rubber mat with black plate) so I can emboss. I have even used the Fiskars embossing plates in it-
HTH

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to terrihooper

Thank you for your replies.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to sbartist

I also have a BigShot.....I know it can be very confusing when looking at all the accessories.
The simple answer is, you don't need to buy anything extra to start off with. The BigShot comes with everything you need to cut regular dies.

I did purchase the extended platform for my machine when I bought a couple of the 12 inch long dies ("decorative strip dies" pictured below). The other one that is useful is the mat for embossing, if you want to do that (embossing folders and mat pictured below)....

Alison

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to kiyawinn

Wait, since when do you need a special mat to use embossing folders? I thought that was just for using the Texturz plates and the Spellbinders dies.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-08-12 07:55 PM
In response to aquabunny

Bonnie, the Big Shot and the Big Kick are exactly the same machine. I have a BK (I think). The only additional thing you might need is the extended 13" platform for the Sizzix strip dies, and the Spellbinder embossing mat or a rubber mat. I thought you had one already? Call me this weekend if you have more questions!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to stick

Kara - I have the Cuttlebug and all of the accessories for it which I have used for years without any problems. It is not like I really need it, but I am tempted. If I were to get a Sizzix machine the Cuttlebug would have to go because I really don't have any extra room for storage.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-09-12 10:30 AM
In response to sbartist

I believe I've read the Sizzix may be only marginally wider than the Cuttlebug (although I could be wrong about this), but otherwise I think they're almost exactly the same. Buy more dies instead

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to stick

LOL Kara - that is why I had to go this route - to store more dies that I have been buying:

Die Storage By Sbartist

And I should have enough space to stack another one of these units on top of this one

Edited by sbartist on 11-09-12 10:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Wait, since when do you need a special mat to use embossing folders? I thought that was just for using the Texturz plates and the Spellbinders dies.

I've never used one - just the embossing folder.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to dwelch

I have my regular pad that is layered and I have the long pads and the thick pad for the long pads

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics