Username Post: Advice on Starting a Blog?        (Topic#1582511)
kristinamp1206
New Kid On the Block
kristinamp1206

Hi! I'm new to the forums, but not new to scrapbooking, however...I am new to blogs. I would like to start a blog, any advice? What site(s) do you recommend? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Kristina from Upstate NY

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to kristinamp1206

Welcome! Blogging is fun. Lots of work sometimes, but fun.

I've gotten to know a lot of great people in the year that I've been blogging. I use Blogger, it's very easy to use. Sometimes glitchy and frustrating, but it's free.

You'll have to figure out how often you want to blog, and what you want to say. Some people blog Monday thru Friday, some pick 2 or 3 days per week.

Some post only about scrapbooking/crafts and others mix in some personal stuff, too. The blogs I like the most have a good mix of the two, but one of the most important things is to take good quality photos!

There is a thread here where we share links to our blogs. It was started 2 years ago, so you may want to skip to the end!

Also, to get more followers you need to be a follower. Take the time to visit other blogs and comment on people's work. Challenge blogs are fun, too, if that's something you're interested in.

Good luck!

rebeccakeppel
Guru
rebeccakeppel
In response to kelseymel

I also use blogger. It is pretty user friendly if you've never used a blogging program. You dont need to know html, although you can edit the html if you do know it. there are lots of free templates you can use to jazz up your blog and blogger itself has plenty of free options too.

Diva
In response to rebeccakeppel

I am also thinking about a blog..too scared to do so!

kristinamp1206
New Kid On the Block
kristinamp1206
In response to kelseymel

Melissa ~ Thank you so much for your input... I went to blogger, have the basics, but am struggling with designing my blog, template, pictures.... Any advice so I can start posting? I really want the body plain but a nice picture or image as a top border where my Blog Title will be....
Thanks so much!!!

kristinamp1206
New Kid On the Block
kristinamp1206

Thanks for all the advice, so I set up a blog, have nothing on it, but have it designed, now to get to work on projects to post. Once I have something on the blog I will post.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007

Good luck with the new blog I am new to blogging to. Still trying to figure out everything. But I enjoy trying to figure out stuff on my own.

Justie

http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to justartguy007

I have tons of tips if you would like to contact me feel free to do so. All the tips I have to give you are way to many to post on the forum though. My blog is self hosted though which gives me a lot of freedom. If you are thinking about growing your blog into something more than just a blog I would suggest having your blog self hosted. Feel free to contact me at beth@scrappingwonders.com that is my email address.

max28
max28 
Tenant
max28
  • max28 on 12-14-12 09:51 AM
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I would definitely start out with wordpress.org Beautiful templates and very easy to start and add additional features

Maggie Hen
New Kid On the Block
Maggie Hen
In response to max28

Or you can go with your own website. I was very surprised at how easy it actually is. It will set you back $10 for the domain and then a few dollars a month hosting.

Website hosts make it very easy for you because it means more money for them. I use wordpress for my website (the self hosted version) and it is super simple. And anything you cant figure out you can be sure there is a tutorial on youtube or text in google search.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics