Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Cheery Lynn Dies        (Topic#1582537)
Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Have any of you used Cherry Lynn dies? They are so awesome I had a chance to play with some at a friends and then ordered two for myself this morning and they are already shipped. Never had such fast shipping.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Sneezy1956

Who is Cherry Lynn and why did she die?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Lunareclipse

they are dies like spellbinders only different I just ordered the pine leaves and the dolly so pretty.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Sneezy1956

I just seen them today Jane I have the french doily on my wishlist now. such pretty dies i do agree. they will work in the cuttlebug right?? same sandwich as spellbinders? atleast that was gonna be my guess.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Briannasmom

I have some of her's but they are soooo intricte I find them to hard to deal with I love her butterflys so much but omg - - they are so hard to pop out.

Did you see the new foam they sell? It is sopposed to help with issues like that, helping the die cut pop out better. Ive got some but Ive not added it to the die yet.

I love memory box dies (I think is the name) plus other wafer dies but Cherry has to be my least favorite at this point .. that could change after my lazy butt trys the foam

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Sassie

I was taught you need a metal shim but other then that, yes you use them as a spellbinder die if your using the BigKick or Shot.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Sassie

what about wax paper?? I know with a few of my intricate spellbinders I need wax paper and it works fine.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

LOL Someone posted a thread called "Tim Holtz dies" and everyone was all "When? How?"

I haven't any Cheery Lynns but they're on my wish-list. I love how intricate they are.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 11-10-12 06:58 AM
In response to Sassie

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but on the back of the dies are tiny holes, and if you use a die pick to poke through them, the paper will pop right out. I've never had a problem with the thin dies unless my sandwich wasn't thick enough and the paper just didn't cut around the image.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Rae_M

I have two of them and the detail is phenomenal! They are pricey, but worth it to me!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to HisGEM

I watched a video on teh cherry lynn site and seen they recommended a metal shim. I want the doily die but I;m not sure i want to fork out money for a die plus another plate

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I have a butterfly one...and I'm with Sassie, they are difficult! I'm aware that you pop out the paper from the die but that's the problem....the paper/cs sticks to the die after you cut it and you can spend a half hour popping out little pieces of paper...
I don't tend to use it very often!

Alison

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to kiyawinn

maybe ill find a different doily die for my wishlist

anyone have an recommendations

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I was scrapping with Bonnie (sbartist) in Hawaii a few months ago and she had the new koi Cheery Lyn. It was awesome! I loved it. She has the little pick set (I bought one) and she did not use a metal plate. Do they make a metal plate to go with the big shot and where does it go? Stupid question but where does the waxed paper go?

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Henri Jean

The wax paper goes between the die and the paper. I use it with my nesties all the time and it definitely makes it was easier to get the die cut out of the die as well as getting the scraps out. I learned this from Holly, of course.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to angie girl

I know Holly has mentioned it but I didn't have a Big Shot then so I didn't understand what she meant. Now I need to try it!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
I have a butterfly one...and I'm with Sassie, they are difficult! I'm aware that you pop out the paper from the die but that's the problem....the paper/cs sticks to the die after you cut it and you can spend a half hour popping out little pieces of paper...
I don't tend to use it very often!

Alison

Glad someone understands my flustration They are very pretty cuts if you have the pacients in popping out everything -- I mean its not HARD but a little more time consuming -- and I always rip somewhere so Ive just set them aside LoL!

Now this foam came out - maybe that will help even more then the poker system? (crossing fingers) Ive got some investment in them but not to bad thankfully. I do use there flower dies, and such with no issues. Though Ive found I like other brands of flowers better ... I think they have a great company & really do have some cute ideas!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Sassie

PS - as far as Dolly's are, ive never seen another company compare to the beauty of a cherry lynn die. So good luck maybe the wax paper trick will work? I do use the metal shim (my lss sold it to me in a kit the poker took thing & the metal shim) bascially telling us those were vital ness. to have (they were right)

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Sassie

I LOVE these dies! If you go out to YouTube, there is a video (search for Cheery Lynn Dies 1-9). It shows you how to use what's called the Cuttlehug ("hug", not "bug") metal cutting plate adapter with them. It eliminates a lot of the problem with those detailed dies. It's great! I use it every time I do a really detailed die cut.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to dwelch

I've found the die/wax paper/cardstock combo to be very effective. Also, I use my Silhouette picker upper? instead of a poker. Works just fine - stick it, wiggle it, lift it, and the die comes right out...
Products Referenced in This Post:

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics