Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Cheery Lynn Dies        (Topic#1582537)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to traceyjean

Okay - I'm off to find a cuttlehug. And where does it go in the sandwich?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Okay all you enablers - I went to the website and ordered the large metal plate (coudln't find the smaller one) and about 6 Cheery Lynn diecuts including one beautiful doily.

I was going to order one that just took my breath away it was so beautiful - had it in my cart at $39.00 then read it was only for the Big Shot Pro or Grand Caliber. Guess I'm glad I got the Big Shot now instead becuase I can see spending a fortune on these dies if I had the bigger machine!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

My dies are supposed to be here tomorrow I can't wait and I just use it in my big shot like I do the spellbinders my big pad thing then my plates and they work fine. I will try the wax paper because when I was at my friends house it did take a long time to get the dolly out.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Sneezy1956

I just ordered 3 too. The French doily, The pine leaves and the flower builder 2. Love the texture it looks like you can get on the petals. We will see how that works. I have a metal shim I got from PTI, and I use my BS the most, so I should be set.

Henri, How are you liking your Big Shot? Have you used it much?

Jane, have you watched my butterfly kisses12 on you tube? She just made an awesome page with the doily and pine branches.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

I've mostly used the star nesties on my Big Shot and I loved it. We saw a Herman's Hermits concert in the spring - stumbled across it at Epcot and I got lots of pictures. Not great, but still fun.

I wanted a page that looked like an old teen magazine page or cover from the 70's so I cut out about 8 or 9 of the pictures of him with one star and cut out different color larger stars for mats for the pictures. Then I put the stars and pictures everywhere and then used the 2 smallest star nesties and made more stars in every color and scattered them around. It's actually kind of cute and very much out of my comfort zone.

I've done a few other things with it and I love it! Just need to use it more. I do 95% travel layouts and I just don't get real creative on those but the ones around home I tend to crawl out of my normal style a lot more.

I got the French doily too and will use that one and put pictures of my granddaughter in the center and do pretty pages I hope. Real girly ones.

I got a large and a small cat die from Cheery Lynn and I am going to do layouts of my son's house inside. He has it fixed so "bachelor" - even a full size Coke machine in the living room!

He has two black cats so in each room I'll put a silhouette of his black cats from those dies. Could have used them when I did the Hemmingway house. Had to use black cats from my Halloween collection of stickers and they weren't quite what I wanted but they worked.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

the french doily is the one i have my eye on.

Diva

No idea about this brand! I have to check it out!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to bayamonesa1

Cute idea, Henri. I have their screen door die and it also comes with a cat silhouette die. I've used it on several cards.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

These dies would be great for cards. I am buying a few for scrapbooks but I don't like to use the same dies over and over in my scrapbooks so I limit the number I buy.

SHe has some beautiful butterflies and I don't use butterflies enough to justify the cost of the die but would like a few. I noticed several on ebay sell the actual cardstock cutouts for a couple dollars and that would probably be a better way for me to go for some of the cuts rather than buying the die if I don't think I will use it a lot.

The ones I ordered yesterday I think I can see many uses for.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Aaargh!
Once again, I decided to pull out the Cheery Lynn butterfly dies to make a birthday card for my sister.....
Once again, I feel like screaming because, beautiful as it is, it doesn't punch all the way out and I am sitting for 10 minutes punching tiny, tiny, tiny pieces of paper out with my paper piercer and some of them stick and rip.....
Now I remember why I didn't buy any more of these!

Alison

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kiyawinn

The utube for Cheery Lynn dies says that with the metal plate under it you can just shake the tiny pieces out - I'm going to try it.

The Cheery Lynn dies are so pretty - I'm hoping it is as easy as it looks in the video because I got several of them and a couple of them are really intricate.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I've had some PTI and MFT dies that are pretty intricate. I've luckily not had too much trouble getting them out. I got an email saying my ordered was shipped today, so hopefully it will be here by end of week.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

They are the ones who have that nice window frame die - I think it's called Madison - and also a window box. I see a lot of cards made with those.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to dwelch

I used an extra sheet of paper for a shim and a piece of wax paper between the paper and the die and the french dollie came out perfectly for me.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Sneezy1956

so Jane you didnt use the metal plate? just an piece of paper?

the window die is so cute.

trying to nail down my wishlist for dh in hopes he will suprise me with atleast 1 lol

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Briannasmom

Got my dies today. I just ran the French Pastry through my Big Shot and it came out great. Nothing stuck in the die at all. I "thumped" on the doily to get lots of the little pieces out, then used a pick on the rest, but took no time. I just didn't want it to stick in the die and then get torn.

I did use my metal plate I already had from PTI and no wax paper. All tabs down and regular cutting mats. Worked great. I'm happy

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to SherylEb

In thinking I need to add some of these to my Christmas list.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to angie girl

I am sure the newer dies coming out are probably cut diffrent. There were a lot of "compants" of this happening so they of course are going to fix things up.

They are a great company! Great CS with good idea's in styles ect!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics