Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Titles        (Topic#1582543)
teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817

Do you think of a title BEFORE you start a LO or try to fit it in the middle or end like I do???? I'm really struggle with titles & would like to know how you do it.

Edited by teresa0817 on 11-13-12 07:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to teresa0817

All of the above. Sometimes I have a title in my head, sometimes I wait until I am almost done. Usually the clever titles are the ones that come into my head before I start. If I wait until the end it's usually just a boring descriptive title like "Thanksgiving". Sometimes I choose the title based on how much space I left or which letters i have in the alpha I want to use. Also, I think that some layouts don't need a title.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

I don't do much journaling so I love titles and try to put one on every page. Sometimes as soon as I see a photo a title pops into my head. Other times I roll around ideas while I'm making a layout. Sometimes I'm stumped and have to go back a couple days later and add one. Have you tried the resource section here? There are some great title ideas for just about every subject.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to olleharr

I think titles are overrated. Honestly though, if I think a title is important I'll put one on...but many of mine don't have a title.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to scraprabbit

I'm a bit of everything. Some pages end up with no title at all. Some pages start off with the title, because the picture just made me think of a title. Some pages get a title while I'm working on the page, because the way the page starts coming together makes me think of a title. I don't stress out over a title unless I'm doing a challenge that requires a certain something for a title.

gorzeneesje
New Kid On the Block
gorzeneesje
In response to justowen

I always am looking what is happening on the photo , what it makes me feel for it

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to gorzeneesje

They aren't obligatory and if they're spoiling your fun then don't have one. I know it's taught as one of the essentials of scrapping but honestly I found it incredibly liberating to break free of the rigidity of 'having' to have one. Try it - you might like it!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to scrappercaz

I like titles and usually title most of my pages

usually the LO is done first and then I try to find a title that works, but sometimes I have an idea for a title and do the LO to match

I'm particularly fond of using song titles and song lyrics as titles for my LOs

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to madmatter

I actually think of the title (chipboard alphas mostly) as part of my design....many of my pages don't have a title and when they do, it's because it fits with the design of my page or I need something to put in a particular spot!
I create my titles with glitter, heat embossing, regular embossing, etc...as part of the creative part of my page....

I agree with Carolyn and Sarah....you don't have to have one

Alison

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to kiyawinn

I struggle with titles so I have begun to write them down as they come to me, so when I get ready to create I am prepared. However I do look through my pictures and try to come up with something. Other times its easy because there are so many preprinted titles all you have to do is add them and viola you are done. Good luck. I also have Creating Keepsakes Journaling Solutions it has alot of information and ideas.

teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817
In response to Mia1979

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the input!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

I too struggle with titles. Most of mine are very generic- like Christmas, Easter, Happy Birthday,School Days,etc. Occasionally I use something with a little more excitement -- like WOW!,Christmas Drama, Over the Hill. I have used simple titles for so long that I am running into repeats! I try to write down or type into a Word Document titles and journalizing at the time of the event. If I don't have all set in my mind what to write I put down notes that will jog my memory later.

Another note, my titles aren't alway big across the page. Sometimes I put it at the top of journalizing box, a little bigger,bolded or underlined.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to wilbur

When I sort my photos by date, I use up-ended index cards. The top line I write the date, then the event, and any funny anecdotes, things my son said, or other things I dont want to forget, like what paper i thought i might use, or even the possible title for the page. This has been working great for me!!!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Juansmom

I sometimes think of a title at any time and write it down or put in a file on the computer. Then when doing a LO that I don't have a title for I will look at those I have saved and see if one will work for the LO. But I have also finished a LO before I decide on a title or not put one at all!! LOL!! I agree with Scrappercaz, you don't HAVE to have a title.

Diva
In response to catzscrapper

It depends! Mostly after the page is done (partially)!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to bayamonesa1

I don't have titles for most of my pages. If I do think of one, I'll add it, but most of my pages are pretty simple.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to Lunareclipse

If I have a great idea for a title I will have one on my LO. Sometimes I just put in the name of the place (I do mostly travel albums). I do not sit around trying to come up with a title. When I am sorting through my pictures, every now and then a title pops up in my head and I write it down. If nothing comes to mind, I just don't bother trying to find one. Often my pages are completely filled and I simply do not have the space for a title. So you do whatever works for you!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to elsje2

it really depends on the pictures i use. I let the pics decide my title. sometimes i don't use a title at all. some pages a title just doesn't come to me.

Katydidd
Veteran
Katydidd
In response to flutterbye0419

I also can have a hard time with titles. I usually choose a title when I choose the picture to scrap. But I don't decide where it's going to go until the end. That usually leaves me a little flustered trying to find a place to fit it in. But what can I say, that's my process.

meshell1104
Tenant
meshell1104
In response to Katydidd

I've done both but I like to keep a small notebook of cool quotes and titles that I think of or hear. For example, I have a lot of lyrics from songs that I'm saving for either a title or journaling and I save them until I find a picture/layout that fits it. Other times I'll build the LO and a great title just hits me. For example, I used the lyrics "Steal my heart again" for a title and I had that idea bouncing in my head for months before actually using it on a page. I've also used simple one-word titles after-the-fact like "Together" or "Beautiful." It's all up to what kind of tone you want to set on your page and what you think fits best. And, like a lot of ladies have already said, you don't NEED a title on all your layouts.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics