Username Post: Diecut Storage        (Topic#1582577)
wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

I was thinking of using a "sticky pages" album for storing diecuts. You know the ones where you peel back the plastic, stick something down then put the plastic cover back. For me that would be better than using the pocket pages but I am not sure how hard it would be to remove the diecuts. I would use something like a cricut spatula. I have seen threads on here about "How can I remove old pictures from those kind of albums and it seems difficult, but those albums are several years old and the pictures are really stuck.

Has anyone tired this way to store ?? Will I be sorry if I do this??? It would be so easy for me to look through pages for what diecut is needed.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to wilbur

I would try one before making your decision. You wouldn't want any of the sticky stuff on the page to get on your metal die and then onto the paper you will cut.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to wilbur

I'm not really sure about the sticky pages for paper or cardstock....
Do you have a way to try it before you buy the albums? I think the diecuts might rip when you pull them off or have sticky stuff on the back....

Alison

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to kiyawinn

You two are probably right,it might stick too much. I don't want to ruin anything. I remember someone on here organized stickers by taping the package to pages then put in an album . So easy to look through. Right now I use some of the pocket pages but I am looking for a better way. thanks for the replies.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to wilbur

Also, I want to mention I am talking about paper diecuts, like you would cut with your cricut. I borrowed some of my friends' cartridges and had fun just cutting "what I might use". It's easy to get a whole pile of diecuts in no time. I could put all in a small plastic bag but that is not a great way to see the small parts.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to wilbur

I have a small tupperware container with a lid it works for smaller pieces.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Mia1979

thanks Mia. I may have to do that until I figure out what else to do. I love cutting with my cricut and it is so easy to get tons of diecuts.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics