Username Post: What kind of cutter do you suggest?        (Topic#1582581)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Looking for a new cutter. I currently have a Cricut cutter. I'm going thru blades like crazy. As soon as I cut something slighly thicker than cardstock the blade cuts all jaggered. Any suggestions on something a bit more durable?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I have the one linked below. I bought it when SB.com was having a deal on it, and I love it. Cuts perfect, the measurements are marked so well, and it never needs a new blade.

Products Referenced in This Post:

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to flintridgescrapper

I'm liking the Creative Memories rotary trimmer right now. I've cut tons of cardstock and not had to replace the blade... in fact I end up having to swap out the cutting strip before I change blades.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to moxiegirl23

Thanks for the suggestions!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I have had the same guillotine chopper since June 2011, and so far, I have not had any problems. I paid $30 for it at Office Depot--I was tired of my trimmers tugging and ripping paper, even when they were only weeks old!

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to jaspernonyx

I got the Fiskars SureCut Deluxe which I bought at ACM with a 60% off coupon. I love the wire-line for precise cuts and the mat that has the grid and measurements right in there. Haven't had any issue with the blades since I bought it a couple of years ago mainly 'cause I use an old grey Fiskars for chipboard and thicker materials and the SureCut Deluxe for CS and PP.

snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to GIGIGI30

I had the cricut trimmer too, but then I found this fiskers rotary trimmer at J's on sale (could use a coupon!) I've had it for about 6 months and I love it. I haven't replaced the blade at all and it still cuts like a dream. I defintely suggest a rotary trimmer. No snags or torn paper! LOVE it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics