Username Post: Adhering tiny beads?        (Topic#1582623)
kristinamp1206
New Kid On the Block
kristinamp1206

In the glitter section of scrapbooking at Michael's they have the ultra fine glitter, tinsel, etc.. and have the really tiny, tiny glass beads in the same containers? I'm hoping you know what I'm talking about, by Recollections.
What's the best way to adhere these? I want to adhere them to my christmas cards without them falling off??

Thanks in advance!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to kristinamp1206

I used double sided tape to adhere beads on a layout but I am not sure if it would be strong enough to hold beads on a card. The tape is called wacky tape, not sure where you can buy it, I ordered it from QVC many years ago.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to wilbur

I tried it once as part of a technique class using double sided adhesive sheets - I was covering a larger area. Added the adhesive to the photo I was changing, removed the protective sheet, poured the micro beads and made sure that there were some everywhere before shaking off the excess. Then I gently ran my brayer over to make sure the bead were imbedded.

A few have fallen off but it is not in a page protector.

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to corrie fan

In that same aisle of Michael's (at least where I live) there is a "red" tape that works wonderfully to adhere the beads. The actual tape is clear, but the plastic liner is red. Good luck!

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to michellesmakingmemories

I used diamond glaze to adhere tiny glass beads on to this project:

O Holy Night Advent Calendar (view 1) By Kariyava
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics