Page 2 of 5 
Username Post: More free shipping!        (Topic#1582689)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
  • t-scraps Said:
for me, it's not free when they put a minimum ordering requirement.

So don't use it.

Without some kind of requirement, a bunch of people will order $3 items, with a net profit of $1.50, and it will cost $2.50 to ship it. Hm. That's an issue.

It's kind of like trying to order a Snickers bar off Amazon. One.

I don't.

Of course, I understand sb.com has to make money, but the minimum could be less than $50..... that's all I'm saying. Sb.com would get more orders by lowering the minimum which would result in a higher profit.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to t-scraps

I think it's great that sb.com offers free shipping. Most people can scrounge together enough needs and wants for $50.00.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I can't get on FB today! Somebody pls PM me the code! Please???

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Well, I wouldn't want this fine thread to turn into a snarkfest, so I concentrated on the candy. Snickers is pretty much the only candy I'll eat, I don't like most sweets.

(PS - I totally agree with Megan. Free shipping is FREE shipping in my book. Scrapbook.com's gotta eat, too.)

I bet eating the shipping doesn't taste as good as eating the Snickers.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:
  • Megan - ForumTech Said:
  • t-scraps Said:
for me, it's not free when they put a minimum ordering requirement.

So don't use it.

Without some kind of requirement, a bunch of people will order $3 items, with a net profit of $1.50, and it will cost $2.50 to ship it. Hm. That's an issue.

It's kind of like trying to order a Snickers bar off Amazon. One.

I don't.

Of course, I understand sb.com has to make money, but the minimum could be less than $50..... that's all I'm saying. Sb.com would get more orders by lowering the minimum which would result in a higher profit.

So if they'd offer free shipping on $49, you'd be happy? Where does the greed stop? Once they lower it to 40, people will start saying what about 25? And then it'll turn into what abiut no minimum. It never ends.

Do you not realize that they not only eat shipping, but they do have to pay their awesome employees that wrap and package our pretties with care???

If you don't have $50 of stuff in your cart, keep browsing, you'll get there, and if you don't, I'm sure waiting til next months offer will give you plenty of time to need some new items.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to angie girl

Plus this site is free for us to use.
To me, paying the shipping from time to time is better than paying to be a member...

Just sayin'

Edited by Doreena on 11-15-12 01:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Oh and for a limited time only, SB.com is sending a free Snickers bar for every order processed w/ the free shipping code....

KIDDING!!!!
TOTALLY KIDDING!!!!!
LOL!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Plus this site is free for us to use.
To me, paying the shipping from time to time is better than paying to be a member...

Just sayin'

Here, here! Lets toast to this, shall we?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

::clink::!!!

(That was me toasting BTW)

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-15-12 01:08 PM
In response to Megan - ForumTech

$50.00 is not hard. All I have to do is remove half the items in my cart. That's the hard part but for free shipping, I'm going to invest the time. How it got to $100.00, I'll never know. All the items I selected are only a coupla' bucks each.

Lunie

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Lunie

Because clicking "add to cart" can be very innocently addicting.

That, and you can always take stuff out. That's how I do it, put in everything I may want, see how much it adds up to, and pare down from there. Sometimes I pleasantly surprise myself that what I add to the cart doesn't add up to as much as I perceive it to be while adding.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to meezerpleaser

Well, I think I made the cut. I'm going to try alcohol inks next, and those are expensive little puppies. So, $100 later.... At least I'm going to have fun playing with my new toys! Merry Christmas to me!! (Wait... there's probably more to be ordered... make that Happy Thanksgiving to me!!)

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

That's the spirit!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

^^^^^
Yes!
I keep telling myself that if I order today I WILL NOT order any more until next year!
But, even w/ next year only being a month and a half away...I still don't think I can keep that promise!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Doreena

LOL!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Okay I placed my order!
Oh the guilt!!!

I think SB.com should have a frequent buyer program!
For every 9 orders you place you get the 10th - free shipping!

What say you?!
(of course I'm kidding! But that would be awesome!!!)

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Doreena

Amazon sells Snickers? I am on the wrong site.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to 950nancy

Dude, Amazon sells everything. You can get a 48-count of Snickers for $37.99.

If you have Prime, it's FREE SHIPPING!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to kelseymel

Of course I had to go check out Snickers on amazon. You really can buy one snickers for $1.09. Unfortunately the shipping on it is $5.99 (I didn't check to see if Prime would work on it for free shipping.) I can just see the look on hubby's face when we gather around the amazon box...and he finds one measly snickers bar inside and that would be the end of our happy marriage...who gets the snickers? And knowing amazon, that snickers would come with tons of airpaks in a 3'x 4' box lol

Between free shipping and buy 3/get 1 free on paper, one of my top addictions, it's hard to pass up today's deal, but I need to concentrate on Christmas for everyone else and hopefully I'll get at least one gift card to use for a free shipping day after Christmas! ~Judy

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to mrsdriver5

Judy is that a regular Snickers or a king-size Snickers? For a king-size I think I can justify the shipping!

Page 2 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics