Username Post: December Daily???        (Topic#1582701)
flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

i saw something posted on a blog about a december daily... could anyone give me a little info as to what this is???

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to flutterbye0419

go to ali edwards . com and look under either blog or projects. She is the creator of december daily. Basically what it is, is documenting each day of your december from the 1st to the 25th. Its a neat project to do, especially if you do alot of holiday type things during dec. Ali has her previous years books posted in her website and those are good inspiration for this project. She also documents how she prepares her books for each year - which is all done ahead of time so it is easier to keep up with during the month.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Shutterbugg

thank you maureen. i'll check it out...

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 11-16-12 02:02 AM

December Daily is a great project. It's a way to document your December. Most people do it mini-album style. Ali Edwards started it.

You can see LOADS of examples by typing "December Daily" into a search engine or into Pinterest if you hang out there. I'm sure there are many many examples in the gallery here too but I am not sure if it is as easy to search.

Here's a page from my December Daily from the gallery here:

December Daily: Last Page By IzzyB

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to IzzyB

I did my first December Daily last year, without a kit, in my own way. I loved it! I can't wait to do mine for this year.

Here is a link to my 2011 DD ...
http://tanyaham.blogspot.com/p/december-daily-2011 .html

Diva
In response to tanyaham

I would look into her blog.

Katydidd
Veteran
Katydidd
In response to bayamonesa1

I would absolutely love to do this. However I'm afraid mine would become more of a documentary on where I work. The holiday season is very busy there and that's where I always am. Lol.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Katydidd

awe! katy, it would be fun to see your book! i'm about to start getting the front of my album ready... it's gonna be CUTE!

smbradford
Resident
smbradford

I did December Daily for the first time last year and LOVED it! You can check out my last year's posts and this year's foundation pages here. Can't wait for December 1st!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to smbradford

thanks! i'm almost done with my dd now... and will post a blog about it after i get done with each page... i'll share that here when i get it all done

Veteran

I looked at your December Daily "smbradford". It's absolutely adorable!!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
I did my first December Daily last year, without a kit, in my own way. I loved it! I can't wait to do mine for this year.

Here is a link to my 2011 DD ...
http://tanyaham.blogspot.com/p/december-daily-2011 .html

Tanya, I went to your blog and checked out your DD!
I really like how you've done yours. And BTW, super cute pups! But, I was wondering if you made the dates on the pages or were those already built as is. I looked on the Sil site and couldn't find any like yours. I suppose they're easy enough to make, but I'm lazy and would rather have it done for me!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

I should be more specific, the ones with the word "dec and then the circle with the number in it.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to smbradford

• smbradford Said:
I did December Daily for the first time last year and LOVED it! You can check out my last year's posts and this year's foundation pages here. Can't wait for December 1st!

Checked it out and I LOVE it! Makes me want the Simple Stories Snap book & pages. So very, very cute!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
I should be more specific, the ones with the word "dec and then the circle with the number in it.

Those were cut with her Silhouette I believe but Chic Tags makes some nice options if you don't have an electronic cutting machine.
Crate Paper makes some really cute vellum number tags as well but I couldn't find them on here.

Alison

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to kiyawinn

My fave Dec Daily is Kathy Orta's she's on you tube and has one daily up it's made with file folders and is working on her second. I think I'm going to do her 2nd one for next year.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics