Username Post: New Cricut Touch Screen not working        (Topic#1582715)
Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

I finally got my cricut and watched the video to get started. My touch screen is not working, even with using the stylus. Now I am stuck at a screen that says "Hold Zoom button and tap icon to see the icon label". I tapped light, harder, everything. Finally I got one cut but that was with just tap tap tap probably 20 times. i keep thinking it has to do with the calibration. But I do not know how to get back to that point. Is there a "back" button when u get to a screen u do not want to be at?
tia

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Trina_P

You can push the little house and it will take you to the home screen.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to HisGEM

Yeah I finally figured that much out. The screen on the other hand... Lady at Cricut just said it has a learning curve. Already wishing I had just gotten the regular Expression I have used at crops before. I hope this gets better!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Trina_P

The more advanced things become, the more there is to go wrong with them. Guess that's why I'm always one step behind in ordering something "new and improved."

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to dwelch

Well that stinks. Are you going to keep it or return it for a different Cricut?

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to t-scraps

I am going to try and get with a friend who has the same machine and see what she thinks. I may not be totally technical savvy, but my goodness my husband and I both have tried to get this screen to work and neither of us can get this 'learning curve' lol.

sooo frustrating.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Trina_P

I willing to help you too~

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to HisGEM

Looks like the machine itself is messed up and will be going back for another one. My husband did most of the technical talking but in order to hopefully fix the problem, they told me to go to Syn and it already needed updating. Something about the Cricut is making the computer unable to read it. Anyway, it sorta works in the fact that when u touch one image you are getting the one beside it. Since I am in a crunch to get my Christmas cards finished before I have surgery, I am going to just try and cut the ones I absolutely have to have. Who knows, it might work itself out. I can hope!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to HisGEM

I'll help if I can- when I first got my CE2, I stumbled into the calibration screen a few times while just seeing what I could do- you know, what I could do without reading instructions. I eventually broke down and watched a few videos.

AND JUST RECENTLY I downloaded the Cricut Craft Room software onto my computer- and love it- if worse comes to worse, you can always do that- I know, not the ideal but-

Anybody else use Cricut Craft Room? I have been having the greatest time 'designing' my cuts - especially making those square frames with words on/in them that you see all over the Silhouette blogs. I DONT WANT TO BE one of those people that appear to just be here to push their blogs- but I JUST uploaded a post about my Cricut Craft Room experiments, IF you wanted to see a pic about what I'm talking about.

And if you do get desperate for help- let me know, I'd be glad to walk you through to the calibration screen, if I can!

-kory

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to designguyKORY

We have calibrated many, many times today. Crazy
Crazy!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Trina_P

did you try resetting it?

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

Trina, I'm sorry to hear about your machine. That really stinks.
We wait and wait and then it has to be returned. I hope it all happens quickly for you.
Kory, looked at your blog and you're doing awesome cuts with your CE2. Glad your using and having fun with your Cricut.
I use CCR, but I find it to be slow, like it kinda "lags" a bit. Not sure if that makes sense. But I will place a design/cut on the mat, go to move it and it hesitates. So, I get irritated and close the program. My comp is fairly new and hardly has any thing in it, so I don't think that is the issue? And I also want to use my Gypsy along with CCR, and PC has yet to get that update going ( been waiting for a long time now!) but it is a good program, and it's free!!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to HisGEM

• HisGEM Said:
did you try resetting it?

Yes several times.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to Trina_P

I am managing to get some cuts done that I need for my Christmas cards. Still having issues about the correct image coming up when I tap it but I am managing to find the correct one by hunt and peck. The machine still will not connect to Sync. Not an ideal situation but I gotta get my cards done at least. Then I will take care of sending it back while I am recovering from surgery and cannot do any scrappin anyway.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics