Username Post: Turkey Day!        (Topic#1582719)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is less than a week away! Any big plans?

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to t-scraps

not for Thanksgiving but for the day after - its my 10th Wedding Anniversary.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Fargomutt

Congratulations Nancy on your up coming anniversary!
The only plans we have is me baking a Jeni-O turkey loaf and making some mashed potatoes...maybe a pumpkin pie too if I get a can of evaporated milk before then. I will most likely be scrapping between doing that and caring for the animals. The Man will be playing video games I am sure. That is it for excitement at my house this year. Not much $ for the big dinner like we enjoy, but smaller will still be good too Just not many left overs if any.

Resident
In response to catzscrapper

No. It will just be me, and My mom and daughter. Mom got a turkey, so we will have a nice turkey dinner. It is the first year my dad is in a nursing home, so it will be hard for mom. I made a bacon bread pudding gor our church's thanksgiving dinner tonight. Imay make another one for Thursday. YUMMMY!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Laura40

This year my mom, daughter and I will just go to a buffet. I just don't have the time to shop for everything this year and really want to use my day off to do some more work on our kitchen.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to NMlady

Three turkey dinners for me... lunch at my Mother-In-Laws, dinner at my Mom's and then Friday at home when we cut down and put up a tree. It's not too much work because we all cook stuff and contribute and usually my husband does the majority of the cooking on Friday.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to t-scraps

Okay, I had my fill of cornbread dressing! Hope everyone had a good one!

Diva
In response to t-scraps

I had a great Thanksgiving day as I didn't have to cook at all!LOL!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

IF you change your mind and want just a little more cornbread dressing - we have one more cornbread dressing casserole that we haven't touched yet. I can send it!

Leftovers almost gone - should throw them out today. Except for the Bing Cherry Coca Cola Salad. Still a little left and no way am I throwing that out!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Henri Jean

Now that salad sounds really good! You can send me some of that!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-scraps

Here's the recipe -

Bing Cherry Coca-Cola Salad

Lightly Grease one large mold or 2 small ones.

I got this recipe from someone I worked with about around 1996 at RE/MAX- she always took it to potluck dinners. It is always on my Easter and Thanksgiving dinner tables on a small cake pedestal.

1 (15 oz can) bing cherries - drain, reserve liquid
1 (15 oz can) crushed pineapple - drain, reserve liquid
2 1/2 cups reserved liquid and water
1 large package black cherry Jello
1 large package cherry Jello
1 (12 oz can) Coke - room temp
8 oz cream cheese – I cut in small cubes and let it sit out for several hours.
1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)

Drain cherries and pineapple (I dump the cans together in the strainer); save juice. Add water to equal 2 1/2 cups liquid. Bring juice and water to boil in large pot.

Add Jello and stir until well dissolved. Add cream cheese and stir until smooth (I use a wisk). Unless it is room temp, it will lump and the lumps will not come out. The softer it is, the better it will blend. I put it out for several hours so it is just goo. If it is really soft you can blend it right in.

Stir in Coke, fruit and nuts. When you pour in the Coke it may get really foamy on top if the Coke is cold. If I get a lot of foam when I add the Coke to the mixture I let it sit for a little while until some of the foam goes away, stirring occasionally before I pour it in the mold. (Don’t let it cool too much or it will start to set). I also scoop some of the foam off the top if it doesn’t go away quickly. It will not hurt the finished salad so I don’t worry about getting all the foam.

Can be cut in slices – so pretty.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics