Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Slice        (Topic#1582723)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

Anyone have a Slice? I saw one on Sale at Ollie's and was wondering if it would work ok for a while.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Lunareclipse

Click at the top of this page under Forums to check out More Forums/Die-Cutting Machines/Slice Lovers!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showforum.php?fid/233/

Personally, I bought one on sale at AC Moore about one and a half years ago and returned it after reading some of the forum comments. I already had a cricut and didn't want another machine with more cartridges to buy.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Solitaire

I have a cricut so the slice wasn't really a good fit to me. But some on here love theirs!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to binkiemonstermom

I love my slice.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to pinkpaperairedale

It's only $49.99 at Ollie's right now and includes 2 cartridges so I think I want one for christmas. I can't afford one of the other systems and cartridges too, but I think we can swing this Slice thing.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I have a Slice, I like it, don't use it much but I used it a few layouts ago. Most stores here, witht he exception of Hobby Lobby have phased it out and no longer sell it or carts. You can get them on Making Memories website and on Ebay. Michaels was selling the carts 3-20 few months ago and I snagged a bunch up.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Mia1979

I don't think that is a bad deal if it is the Slice Elite. If not I truely would pass it up.
I have one and got it when they clearanced them for $19.99 at M's around spring time and they had the sd cards for $2.00 each.
If it was not such a great deal I would not have purchased them.
I do have to say that I prefer using it to my QK just for the simplicity and they have many fonts that are similar. Pros and Cons about everything, however this is easy to take on the go and if you can purchase the sd card inexpensively the I would go for it. If cards are still 39.00 and up I would look for a better system. JMO

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-18-12 07:59 AM
In response to creater1

I have one and I really do like it. I get nice cuts out of it but usually have to cut twice. I like the smallness of it and every time I use it I think, "how cute are you?" It is right out on my desk so I do tend to use it more than other things that are bigger.

I feel like I have to add that I read on here that some people got a bad machine and that their customer service was not good. So I would make sure that the site you buy it on will take it back if it is not perfect.

Hope this helps.

Lunie

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Lunie

I got the pink two Christmases ago. I have to say, I agree with creater1. If it's not the slice elite, I would pass on it. I have had so many issues with mine in the last two months, I can't even use it anymore. It worked great till after the one year warranty expired and then all of a sudden, stopped working properly.
I hear the elites are better. I did love mine until it stopped working. The cartridges are great and there's always a font with them.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-18-12 09:26 AM
In response to fknapoleon

• Kendraj78 Said:
I got the pink two Christmases ago. I have to say, I agree with creater1. If it's not the slice elite, I would pass on it. I have had so many issues with mine in the last two months, I can't even use it anymore. It worked great till after the one year warranty expired and then all of a sudden, stopped working properly.
I hear the elites are better. I did love mine until it stopped working. The cartridges are great and there's always a font with them.

funny that you say that.... I have both the Elite and the regular Slice. My Elite stopped recognizing the design cards so I only use the regular and I don't have any problems with it. Who knows how long it's going to last but that's my current Slice status.

Lunie

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Lunie

I have a regular. I like it.

Since I also have almost every cutting machine known to man, I tend to use it when I need a quick card or something. It's great fun for that.

Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-19-12 05:19 AM
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
I have a regular. I like it.

Since I also have almost every cutting machine known to man,

Do you have a Silhouette Cameo? That machine is creeping into my subconscious mind. I have a Cricut Expression and find it frustrating to get it to cut right, especially smaller things. Then there's the KNK Zing...

Sorry for the hijack!

Lunie

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Lunie

Lalalalala...I'm ignoring the Cameo. For now.

I have a Gazelle, and a Pazzles, and a Cricut. And a Big Shot. And a Slice.

I don't think I have enough DESK for a Cameo. Although if Samantha Walker continues to put most of her files there, rather than releasing as SVG....

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

I did have a Wishblade. Rehomed it to a friend who didn't have a cutting machine at all.....sad.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Love my regular Slice. Convenient to take to crops Nd at home I use it more than my Cricut. I like it a lot better

I use the Cricut some but use the Slice more I like the Cricut for welding letters or lifting them straight with drywall tape but like the Slice better for non-letter cuts.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Henri Jean

Had the Slice regular, but didn't cut curves/circles well. Requested the calibration card when it was released and never received it after calling on 3 separate occasions. Now it's paperweight, which is a crying shame since half the time I can't be bothered to haul out my Pazzles Inspiration...

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to traceyjean

Slice is a Making Memories machine, right? They have the most AWEFUL customer service. I would not buy a machine or anything mechanical from that company. I bought a simple paper trimmer over 2 years ago (simple but expensive) and had called off and on for MONTHS to try to deal with an issue...someone was always offering to call me back yet I never got the call. I just kept trying out of bordom.

Tiffany

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

Want the Gazelle for Christmas. Do I need it? No, but it cuts real purty stuff.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to 950nancy

Got that Slice today and I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is every other page, I have to reapply adhesive. Maybe you guys can suggest a better adhesive for it?

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

I love my slice.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics