Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Slice        (Topic#1582723)
Lunie
Lunie 
Veteran
Lunie
  • Lunie on 11-22-12 07:38 PM
In response to southern lady

so glad that you got a good one. If you can find the hands free kit, that really cuts down on the amount of adhesive needed. At least that's how it works for me. The machine is held down to the cutting surface by a pretty strong magnet which helps hold down the paper too. I've actually cut with no adhesive at all.

Lunie

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to Lunie

I LOVE all of the paper that came with the slice. I want some more of some of that paper. Is there a place to order it?

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to Lunareclipse

• Lunareclipse Said:
Got that Slice today and I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is every other page, I have to reapply adhesive. Maybe you guys can suggest a better adhesive for it?

I use a repositionable spray adhesive on the hands-free glass mat, & I cover the mat with wax paper when not in use. It stays sticky for months. Enjoy your new toy!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to GemGirl

I also use the handsfree mat and the spray adhesive. One quick spray lasts through several dozens of cuts. I never did like the little tube of stuff that came with it... and to use the foam brush. I never got any paper or extras when I bought mine so I don't know what type of paper you mean. I usually buy the package of copy paper size cardstock at a big store when it comes on sale or I have a coupon. The Slice cuts it perfectly. The really thin, thin patterned paper does tend to clump up so I use my Cuttlebug for cutting it. Enjoy Slicing.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
I also use the handsfree mat and the spray adhesive. One quick spray lasts through several dozens of cuts. I never did like the little tube of stuff that came with it... and to use the foam brush. I never got any paper or extras when I bought mine so I don't know what type of paper you mean. I usually buy the package of copy paper size cardstock at a big store when it comes on sale or I have a coupon. The Slice cuts it perfectly. The really thin, thin patterned paper does tend to clump up so I use my Cuttlebug for cutting it. Enjoy Slicing.

I got a spatula and markers and embossing tips and sticker paper and a pack of 8x8 paper and a pack of new blades and 2 cartridges. It was all crammed into that tiny box so tightly that I had to tear the box apart to get it all out. The marker tips are really tricky to use and doesn't mark in some places, but the rest is really cool. I need to go get some spray adhesive. That little tube of adhesive with the little brush really suck. That adhesive is either really wet and makes the paper tear when you go to pull it off or really dry and doesn't hold the paper at all. There is no in between.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to southern lady

I use the spray adhesive and I don't have to re-apply very often. When I do I just take it outside and spray. Love my Slice.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

When I got my Slice all I had was the adhesive that comes with it.

It really does work well if you give it plenty of time to cure. The south is humid, or at least Florida is so it takes quite a while. I gave it overnight.

Then it is overly tacky and stuff tears when you take it off. I was told to take a sweater or hoodie or something else that would "lint" easily and blot it with it until I get it the right tackiness so it stickes enough to cut but doesn't stick so much its difficult to get off.

When I did that I only did adhesive once every 3-4 months. It just seemed to cut forever with the glue that came with it.

However, I hated applying it and waiting for it to cure.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I use the Slice glass mat with the tube sticky stuff and use my Martha Stewart circle cutter on it. Makes The paper stay in place while u cut your circle. Learned this from Kristina Werner's blog.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

That's a good idea Sheryl. I've always hated my Martha Stewart circle cutter becuase it slips and slides and my circles never look even but that might be the perfect fix.

I bought a 12 x 12 glass mat to use with my Slice. The one that came with it is just too small for me.

Definitely prefer the spray Slice adhesive over the tube one though.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I found a spray adhesive that works great and stays sticky. It's called Duro spray adhesive. It's both permanent AND repositionable. It woked great and has plenty of sticky to it. I got it at Lowe's for $4.00.

Edited by Lunareclipse on 11-25-12 04:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
I have a Slice, I like it, don't use it much but I used it a few layouts ago. Most stores here, witht he exception of Hobby Lobby have phased it out and no longer sell it or carts. You can get them on Making Memories website and on Ebay. Michaels was selling the carts 3-20 few months ago and I snagged a bunch up.

I agree with Mia, I have a Slice as well and when I first got it for the low price of $20 bucks I used it a couple of times now it sits in my shared craftroom. But when I travel back and fourth to NYC to PA to see my scrappy buddy we used it and it's easier to carry to crops or if I want to have an impromptu scraping.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Thaiti30

I use my Slice a lot more than my Cricut for fast project and I always have my Slice at crops.

Our scrapbook store used to carry Slice accessories (limited amount) and then discontinued. They had the packs with 3 blades in them for 75% off! I bought all the had - about 6 packs so I have 18 spare blades and the one I just changed lasted nearly 2 years.

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I'm having trouble trying to find cartridges for it. I found some on here for $40-50!!! I will try ebay.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I sometimes find good deals on ebay on slice carts.

Good luck!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

• Henri Jean Said:
I sometimes find good deals on ebay on slice carts.

Good luck!

I found the Vintage one on ebay for $11.99. Cheaper than $38.99 so I bought it. It should be here in a few days. I think I like Vintage junk...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

That is an excellent price for that one!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I will check ebay every so often and if one comes up under $15.00 and I don't have it, I will snatch it up. Right now the Mistletoe one is going for $40.00. I'll wait until after the holidays to buy that.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics