Username Post: Pinned Layouts        (Topic#1582737)
Doreena
Governor
Doreena

As I went to pin my latest layouts to my Pinterest, I noticed that some of my layouts had numbrs next to the "pin" button and some didn't. My assumption is that is how many time it was pinned. Most of them had a number of 1 by them because I had already pinned them once before, deleted my acct, and then started a new one so I re-pinned it. That make sense.
What surprised me is some of my layouts had a much higher #, like 30 or 40.
So have some of my layouts really been pinned 30 or 40 times?!
Does this mean anyone can pin them?
I'm not upset, just curious. Also, it would be nice if there was a way to find out who did the pinning...
Thoughts?

Edited by Doreena on 11-17-12 06:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kobe2256
Queen
kobe2256
In response to Doreena

Yes, the pinning option on SB.com makes it easy for anyone to directly pin layouts, cards, etc to their Pinterest page. The default description will come up as what ever your SB. title is for your layout/card.
And yes, it looks like some of your layouts have captured the interest of at least 30-40 people who have pinned them to their Pinterest page.

It has been a nice surprise when I have seen on a couple of occasions, quite by accident, one of my layouts pinned to someones Pinterest page.
You can do a search on Pinterest by title of your layouts. A lot of them should come up...but probably not all the pins as new pinners may change the description.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to kobe2256

TY for the info!

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue
In response to Doreena

GTN~!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to kobe2256

• kobe2256 Said:
Yes, the pinning option on SB.com makes it easy for anyone to directly pin layouts, cards, etc to their Pinterest page. The default description will come up as what ever your SB. title is for your layout/card.
And yes, it looks like some of your layouts have captured the interest of at least 30-40 people who have pinned them to their Pinterest page.

It has been a nice surprise when I have seen on a couple of occasions, quite by accident, one of my layouts pinned to someones Pinterest page.
You can do a search on Pinterest by title of your layouts. A lot of them should come up...but probably not all the pins as new pinners may change the description.

Wow, I didn't realize you could do that; I'm a little behind the times. Is there a way/option to prevent someone from pinning your stuff?

Diva
In response to t-scraps

Interesting! Looks like lots of people like your work! Congratulations!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:
Is there a way/option to prevent someone from pinning your stuff?

By not posting them to the internet.
Just curious, but why wouldn't you want your items pinned? If they do it correctly, it should come back to your gallery and therefore credit you as the author.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Here Kitty

• Here Kitty Said:
  • t-scraps Said:
Is there a way/option to prevent someone from pinning your stuff?

By not posting them to the internet.
Just curious, but why wouldn't you want your items pinned? If they do it correctly, it should come back to your gallery and therefore credit you as the author.

Just a little old school I guess. I don't care if layouts are of me, but I was just thinking about kids and stuff. A lot of creeps out there.... I don't really post a lot of layouts in the gallery anyway.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Here Kitty

Yes, if you click on the pins they do lead back to your gallery...so proper credit is therefore given even if the pinner doesn't give it in the decription on their pin.

I can understand why someone wouldn't want there stuff pinned w/out permission. It's almost like a "loss of control" over your layouts, and this can feel a little like a "loss of control", albeit a small loss, of your life. However, I am not uncomfortable w/ it so as far as I'm concerned...if you like my work... pin away!

I just wish I could see exactly who was pinning my layouts...it's just a curiousity thing.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Doreena

from Kelsey:
  • Quote:
As for Pinterest, Scrapbook.com has a business account at Pinterest and we often pin layouts we like to our various boards on a daily basis. Once you upload something to Scrapbook.com, we reserve the right to use it in any manner we choose, according to the terms and conditions you agree to during registration. So, your layout was probably something I pinned to our account and 11 others probably saw and repinned it onto their Pinterest boards.

So, we can go in a couple directions here. 1) if you'll tell me your username, I'll try my best NOT to pin the layouts you upload to our gallery. And/or 2) you can rest assured that if you're citing the sketch used or the scraplifted original/artist in your "description" of your layout when you upload to Scrapbook.com - that is being "transferred" to the post at Pinterest. If someone likes the layout and repins it.... when they come back to dive in further and see your supplies used or a larger version of your detail, they will land in your Scrapbook.com Gallery and they will see the citations you've made.

Does that make sense? In other words, having your layouts pinned doesn't mean you're taking credit for the design if you've cited your source. It's simply an inspiring visual that someone likes and is fond enough to repin... and they will always be redirected back to Scrapbook.com for more information.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:

Just a little old school I guess. I don't care if layouts are of me, but I was just thinking about kids and stuff. A lot of creeps out there.... I don't really post a lot of layouts in the gallery anyway.

I can understand where you're coming from...but according to the terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined sb.com, they have the right to do whatever they like with your uploaded items once you put them on the site. So just know that if you upload it, it can be pinned, copied, put in a newletter, blog, etc.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to tinacome

• tinacome Said:
from Kelsey:
  • Quote:
As for Pinterest, Scrapbook.com has a business account at Pinterest and we often pin layouts we like to our various boards on a daily basis. Once you upload something to Scrapbook.com, we reserve the right to use it in any manner we choose, according to the terms and conditions you agree to during registration. So, your layout was probably something I pinned to our account and 11 others probably saw and repinned it onto their Pinterest boards.

So, we can go in a couple directions here. 1) if you'll tell me your username, I'll try my best NOT to pin the layouts you upload to our gallery. And/or 2) you can rest assured that if you're citing the sketch used or the scraplifted original/artist in your "description" of your layout when you upload to Scrapbook.com - that is being "transferred" to the post at Pinterest. If someone likes the layout and repins it.... when they come back to dive in further and see your supplies used or a larger version of your detail, they will land in your Scrapbook.com Gallery and they will see the citations you've made.

Does that make sense? In other words, having your layouts pinned doesn't mean you're taking credit for the design if you've cited your source. It's simply an inspiring visual that someone likes and is fond enough to repin... and they will always be redirected back to Scrapbook.com for more information.

Oh wow! Thanks for sharing that! Very informative!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tinacome

Megan has said sb.com is working on giving us the power to not have our layouts pinned. Like now you have to check a box if it can be embedded.... hopefully there will be a box you have to check so they are pinable. I don't like that others can pin my layout. I want them 'just here' unless I choose otherwise.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics