Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Books of Uncomfortable Topics        (Topic#1582767)
mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Doreena

I wasn't thinking so much of stuff about me...like Popeye, I yam what I yam, but I'd hate to have journaling left behind where I was ranting about my worthless, no-good son (no, I don't really have one) and then up-and-die. Or "my worthless, no-good kid" and each of the 4 wondering if I had meant them. If I need to vent something that is going to be hurtful to someone else, I want to destroy it right away. No reason to leave someone else with a feeling of hurt/guilt/pain when I'm gone. I know this isn't what the OP was talking about, but I try to be careful in journaling to keep it truthful, but not hurtful to others.~Judy

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to mrsdriver5

Sure. I did a few pages about a miscarriage I had.

Tenant
In response to Doreena

I have a 'journal' album. That's where I put the hard stuff, the personal stuff, the stuff that's only special to me, the stories that only I (or my Partner) care about. It's where I put the photos take over the week or so that we were becoming a couple, the skinny dipping pics, the bad day layouts, the love letter layouts, the valentines ones. Also the other stuff, like my depression and suicide attempts. Nobody sees it but me and my partner.

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
I have a couple comments. I scrapped a page about my precious grandson's attempted suicide. It was a way of coping for me, of expressing feelings that would have eaten me up if I had bottled them inside. I did it in such a way that I still included it in my album.
Heartache By Dwelch
Not long afterward, I scrapped a page for my little grand daughter who was full-term stillborn. I included her little obituary, and the only photo of her - in the layout, I covered the photo with vellum. It's still there, still very faintly visible, but still pretty much hidden from view unless you raise the vellum.
I don't know if it's right or wrong, and I don't care - those pages were for me. They were, I believe, tastefully done, and if someone doesn't want to see them, they can flip the page.
Follow your heart.

as the mother of one who lost a child at birth I have made a scrapbook as a tribute to her...at the same time I would soooo have appreciated and cherished if my mother would have acknowledged my baby...or even if she would now..28 years later. Thank you for scrappin a page for your granddaughter..

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to bears99

I also think that scrapping bad stuff can be therapeutic, especially if you can show how you got thru difficult times. And, as others have also said, there are no rules: document what you want!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics