Username Post: DIY Photo Canvas - Has anyone tried this?        (Topic#1582777)
JessieGirl01
Resident
JessieGirl01

I am in the process of making Christmas gifts and I'm wanting to diy a photo canvas. I've seen a few tutorials and each one does something different. I know most of them use tissue paper to print the photo on but I've read about people using vellum too and I'm just wondering if anyone here has done this and used vellum (or anything other than tissue paper)?

I am also wondering if anyone has tried printing with an inkjet printer on the vellum sheets you can get at M's or J's in the scrapbook section, instead of buying the vellum at office supply stores.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by JessieGirl01 on 11-20-12 05:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva
In response to JessieGirl01

The ones that I tried were just with scrapbooking paper and the photos attached to it and lots of mud podge and embellishments. Never done the tranfer photos technique.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to bayamonesa1

Search for a product by Royal Brites and it is canvas with a coating that runs thru inkject printers. It's awesome---I've done both sepia & color photos on it.

JessieGirl01
Resident
JessieGirl01
In response to Abby0317

That sounds awesome and I was just wondering if I could possibly just print on the canvas itself. Thank you! I'll go search that now!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics