Username Post: Mod Podge Question        (Topic#1582801)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

I'm doing a December book, not a daily, but just to remember our preparations. I purchased just a cheap, 5x7 book at HL. It's not leather or anything, but I'm wanting to adhere some pp on the front to decorate it. Will Mod Podge work for this?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to flintridgescrapper

I would imagine so.....I think it works on just about anything
You haven't said what the cover is made out of......
I've mod podged on paper, cardboard and plastic....it all works!
Good luck!
Alison

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to kiyawinn

I mod podged an album that I bought at Michaels once and it worked fine. It wasn't leather or cloth either -- just the usual covering. I think it's vinyl.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to provinca

It should work. I used it on a composition book. Spread the Mod Podge on the back of the paper, and front of the book, dry, then Mod Podge over the top.

One thing to keep in mind, if it's cold and damp right now, you may have trouble with the Mod Podge drying well.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Bxr-Linda

i have a question about mod podge. okay i am doing this glass for a candle and use velum. i got this from a site. where you mode podge and then you print a pic on the velum and but it on the glass with mod podge. when i try it made the velum wrinkle and the pic didn't come out good. what should i do?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to southern lady

What made the vellum wrinkle? When you printed on it or when you were trying to put it on glass?
And are you using actual vellum?
Any vellum that I have used is fairly thick and not easily wrinkled....

When I print on vellum, I select the paper type accordingly in printer settings....depending on your printer, you might select "other transparency" or something like that for paper type.
After it prints, let it sit for awhile to dry...it takes several minutes for the ink to dry on vellum paper if you are using an inkjet printer.
After it's dry, spread a thin layer of Mod Podge on the back of the vellum and a thin layer on the glass....carefully apply the vellum, smoothing it out as you go
After that, you can paint on another layer or layers of Mod Podge for protection if that is what it calls for.....

Alison

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to kiyawinn

Thanks all for your answers. I did it & it looks great. I'll try to post a pic whenever I can.

New Kid On the Block
In response to flintridgescrapper

This sounds like a good idea, would be cool to see a picture if you have one?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics