Username Post: Spellbinders        (Topic#1582819)
Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas

I see a lot of templates that I like, especially the floral ones. I would assume I need a diecutting machine, correct? Are the templates compatible with most machines, or do I need a specific type?

Also, the templates are rather pricey (at least they are to me, but then again, I'm really cheap... ha ha). Do you find it worth the price (i.e. were you able to use the template on multiple layouts)?

I'm so tempted to get a die cutting machine, but not even sure what's the best? Opinions anyone? TIA!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Mama2Thomas

Spellbinders, nesties, framelits are all really really great!!!
They are worth the price to me because I hate fussy cutting. I love layers! I use my framelits a lot.
There are many of the framelits that have matching stamps. Win-win!!!
I love Stampin' Up's framelits with matching stamps. I have gotten better and better at mixing and matching! They are good with the stamps, they are good as backgrounds peeking out behind pictures. Think journaling spots!!

As far as machines, there are a lot. IMO- I like the big shot the best. It is light weight and handles most dies and framelits and you can emboss with it as well. I use my big shot on 85% off my projects.
You can check out my blog for projects with framelits, and I also have a big shot vs big shot pro comparison post.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to binkiemonstermom

I think the spellbinders are a great investment IMO.
I have a small "collection" and I use mine like Binkismonstermom said about 85% of my projects. cards I find i always use them. stamps that coordinate with them too is a huge plus as well.
journaling spots is a great idea too

as for a die cutter. I have a cuttlebug and i LOVE mine.

that one you will have to compare and see what suites your needs wants and space as well.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I have a Grand Calibur. I wanted that one only because I wanted to be able to cut the Grand dies...the really big ones. If you aren't interested in those, a Cuttlebug or other die cutters will work for a variety of dies.

I always shop for bargins, coupons, coupons, coupons.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30

Spellbinders are one of the best dies so far in my own opinion to purchase, I have a cuttlebug but would have loved to have owned a bigshot. The cuttlebug is ok but i really like the multi platform that comes with it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Thaiti30

I have a BigShot and love it! I use it all the time....
As far as the actual dies....I have some that I've only used a couple times and others I use a lot. I find that the generic shapes are used a lot...circles, scalloped circles, squares, stars, some of the label shapes etc....
You have to decide what you think you'll use....
I don't think you would regret getting a die cutter, though!

Alison

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to kiyawinn

Thanks for all your suggestions - after some more thoughts and research, I think I will get the Vagabond. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend but it will cut and emboss everything (even the spellbinder dies). Since it's electric, it will also be easier on my hands (I have carpal tunnel). I'm beyond excited to finally get a diecutting machine (after 5+ years of scrapping without).

Diva

I would like to know how do you like it. I am getting to that point that I want tools that will easier on my hands as well.

Veteran
In response to bayamonesa1

I use it with the Cuttlebug.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics