Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: What to do with these scraps?        (Topic#1582873)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to GMFTS

I toss them.

Diva
In response to GMFTS

I use my scraps into card making and even on layouts. I save most of the scraps, except very tiny ones. I love the scraps as I don't have to use the regular paper to punch out something or to stamp a sentiment.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bayamonesa1

For everyone who tosses them: please consider recycling them if you have access to paper recycling in your area!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to ttownsend

• ttownsend Said:
Found this over the weekend.....hoping to give it a try myself!

http://thermoweb.wordpress.com/2012/01/01/happy-2012 /

Thanks for this idea,,I just tired it on my Altered journal and it turned out great.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to armygirl

I did go into my box of scraps and I got rid of all the really tiny pieces and the pattern papers that were old, or ones I used when I got into scrapbooking. I cleaned out my box, made some flowers, punched some circles and lots of strips of paper to try to make a new design or patten.

I just feel so overwhelmed when my box of scraps and the plastic file with hanging folders gets too full of scraps. I have one hanging folder for each color and it was so full.

Thanks for your ideas, and suggestions.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

Thanks for posting this, I was able to get more ideas from it.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
I recently dove into my box of scraps and made my own "kits" from them. I challenged myself to only use those pieces and a 12x12 base sheet for my layouts. I also got several cards out of them. When I got absolutely sick of the kit I was working with, I chucked the remaining pieces.

You can see some of my results here and here. (Not pimping my blog, just sharing if anyone's interested!)

I visited your blog,,thanks for the ideas for all my scraps.

New Kid On the Block
In response to GMFTS

I have two containers...one for scraps big enough to mat a picture, and one that too small. I only keep it if it's really small if it's very unique and pretty paper...like glitter. Otherwise, the kids like to play with it, and punch it...roll it through my paper wrinkler (don't know what it's called). I have a hard time getting rid of them because I never know which one will work for something in the future. You are not alone!

New Kid On the Block
In response to ttownsend

Loved this idea!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to ktasmth

I'm using a lot of these ideas.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to cescrapper

You can make a "serendipity" layout.
Click here: Serendipity

Scroll down and you will see lots of examples (including one from me!)

Diva
In response to Doreena

Love your way to use the scraps in a layout! I may scraplift that one! Really creative and very nice looking layouts.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to armygirl

My fav way to store is the plastic 3 drawers divided by color. I always check there before cutting paper. I used themfor everything from dies, punchies etc.

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to GMFTS

Great ideas on here! I tend to get the most use of my scraps by making mosaic backgrounds for cards/LOs. I'll have to post some pictures of the cards I've done this with.

This is a video I found that is similar to what I'm talking about, the only difference being I use semi-coordinating colored papers instead of one particular sheet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7mnHIIfSk

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to michellesmakingmemories

Edit: I should have clicked on Doreen's link, those are awesome examples of what I meant.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to michellesmakingmemories

The ones that go with 12x12 paper packs go back into the pack. Others used to go into a giant tote. It was messy, and cluttered and drove me crazy.

I recently gave most of the scraps to my sister for her Girl Scouts troop projects.

The rest I pitched. I'm done with them. I'll start a new box with the new year.

Juansmom
Pro
Juansmom
In response to ScrappyMama6

I just organized all my scraps by color so they will be easy to find. I dont throw them out until I cant fit a punch on them. I keep strips for borders, banners, and other add-ons. I love the idea of using strips as background papers...thats wonderful!! My feeling is the name of the game is "SCRAP-booking", so I will use my scraps!!

I actually have a few pages in my gallery in which I have used scraps to create them.

Resident
In response to Juansmom

When I buy paper most of the time I buy a whole collection as opposed to just a sheet or 2 so I keep all of my scraps with that collection till it gets down to the point where I cant do another layout with them, or make another mini. Then I take those scraps choose a night and make as many cards with them as I can when I run out of enough paper to make cards with it gets binned (usually). There are a few pieces that I hoard or keep becuase tehy are nutral greys or browns then I keep them and they usually find a place on a layout or a card... I bet I have maybe a handful of patterened paper scraps keeping around. Now cardstock thats another story if it is white cream or light grey I keep them all because they are big enough to stamp a sentiment on... the colors I only keep them if they are at least 2x2 or larger

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to must_love_paper

I did something I've always wanted to do. . . I did some weaving. No reason to my design but it came out okay

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
You can make a "serendipity" layout.
Click here: Serendipity

Scroll down and you will see lots of examples (including one from me!)

I took a look at the ideas here,,they look really nice,,might give it a try soon. Thanks

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics