Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: What to do with these scraps?        (Topic#1582873)
armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to michellesmakingmemories

• michellesmakingmemories Said:
Great ideas on here! I tend to get the most use of my scraps by making mosaic backgrounds for cards/LOs. I'll have to post some pictures of the cards I've done this with.

This is a video I found that is similar to what I'm talking about, the only difference being I use semi-coordinating colored papers instead of one particular sheet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7mnHIIfSk

Great video ,,thanks for posting it.

serraofam
Tenant
serraofam
In response to GMFTS

When they are strips, I have put two sided tape on it and added glitter! Makes a wonderful glitter tape! Cut it and use as embellishment!

rsmobley85
Resident
rsmobley85
In response to serraofam

I love all the ideas about using the scraps of paper. I have two haning file folders. I have one for solid cardstock and one for Pattern paper.

I put each color in a folder with the matching color tab. And I go to these first before i get a full sheet. I have created a lot of projects just using my scraps.

Sharon

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to armygirl

I have a great video on my blog about what to do with scraps! I always use my scraps for other layouts and cards. There are so many things that you can do with your scraps on a layout. I like picking different patterned paper scraps and using them as backgrounds sometimes on my layouts. Thats just one idea.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to thehappyscrapper8

• thehappyscrapper8 Said:
I have a great video on my blog about what to do with scraps! I always use my scraps for other layouts and cards. There are so many things that you can do with your scraps on a layout. I like picking different patterned paper scraps and using them as backgrounds sometimes on my layouts. Thats just one idea.

I visited you blog and I couldn't find the video,,could ou share a link for it..Or I might just have to go take a second look and see if I find it.

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to armygirl

I TRY to use it right away. After a layout, whatever is left I try to use immediately on a card. Sometimes I am good about this sometimes, due to lack of time, I am not. When I still have left overs they go to the kids. If it is too small for the kids, it goes to the recycle bin. The only thing I actually save is white cardstock because I KNOW I will still use it. Whether for mounting photos (even the small pieces can be used for mini photos) or for stamping, I KNOW white is going to be used so I rarely recycle white CS unless it is a thin strip.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to rebeccakeppel

Yep, what Rebecca said, use it right away or it will be left forgotten in a box!
I didn't do that and now I have a huge box full of random scraps. But I have been challenging myself to dig thru the box everytime I make a layout to see if maybe there is something I can use, no matter how big or small!
It's working!
I used scraps on my last 3 layouts! My last layout I actually used 2 scrap pieces and of substantial size too!

Edited by Doreena on 12-06-12 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to Doreena

like someone already said, you can make cards with them. I have a project where we make cards for a camp called Royal family Kids camp, a camp for battered and abused children. they get cards every day from camp staff, so we go through about 2,000 cards every year! they kids love the cards and you will find them at night pulling out their cards and just looking at them over and over. i make small ones that are only anywhere from 2 to 4 inches big, so that we don't have to fill up a big card with alot of writing. i mean, the purpose is to write to them, but when we have 60+ kids at camp it is hard to write too much on each card. i have forgotten how to put a link here, but if you go to the general scrapbooking thread, and look for "cards for kids" you will find it! hope some of you join us!

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to GMFTS

Please consider donating your reasonably sized scraps to a local daycare, elementary art teacher, before/after school program, the children's floor at a hospital, or a women's/children's shelter.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Jessica G-B

I just started making mini albums. I wish that I had saved my scraps because I could use them now. Try getting creative with your greeting cards, use your decorative punches to make embellishments, make tags and that's off the top of my head...lol I also love the idea of donating them.!

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics