Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: Health Issues-Vent or chat freely about them here//        (Topic#1582883)
TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I thought I would start a thread for those of us going through health issues or if you have family or friends that are going through them. We are here to listen, offer advice, send you a link via pm for some info on it if need be.

Just let yourself talk about it, instead of feeling lonely, defeated, or whatnot about it.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I will start off with some of mine. I have been going through several health issues. I see my doctor regularly too, every month for awhile when I had insurance and now every few months.

I have high blood pressure, which is mostly controlled by my meds that I take. I also have osteo-arthritis in my knees, back and hands. This has started to get worse in the last year or so. I had arthroscopic knee surgery with a lateral release on the right knee in February, it recovered pretty well, just can't work as much on it as I did before. I need surgery on the left knee.

Now in the past few months, my back has been pinching nerves in my back, first the shoulder blade and now it is doing the Sciatica nerve, and going down my right leg, which is causing me major issues. I have had to quit my bowling league this week, went to the ER last week, on more pain meds. I was told to follow up with my doctor, which I have to self pay now, because I lost my one insurance. trying to get it back.

But anyways, I need to work more to pay to see the doctor, but the more I work, the worse my pain is and makes me ineliglable for my state insurance. Darn if I do or don't.
I was trying to hold off on a sit down job until tax time, so I could get another car, me and my mother share a car, but my health is telling me differently. Then I need insurance ASAP and trying to get it again, is a pain. My doctors may need to have it where I get disability atleast temporarily, since I am going to need test and MRIs done. The ER doctor was recommending my doctors do more test. My doctors previously were trying to get me to see a therapist, but I couldn't go when I lost my insurance....

I feel so torn, i want to work, but my health is fighting me. I am working, and going to school online, getting an A.A. degree in the medical reimbursement field. But having my own issues as we speak...thanks for letting me vent.

I am also so tired of taking so many meds. Two years ago, I took one pill, for my blood pressure, now I take two. And alot of the others are for the arthritis, supplements, anti-inflammatory, insomnia, and stomach upset...boy I am getting old...lmao

Edited by TJCraftyWitch on 11-25-12 06:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel

I'm so sorry TJ! It sounds like a vicious circle. Often the meds for one thing produce side effects meaning you have to take something else, and so on. Thankfully we don't have the insurance hassle to worry about where I live, but osteo arthritis is no joke.

I'm hopping mad over my Mum. She has had a bad summer with health issues and stress, and has lost more weight than is healthy for her. Last week we had 2 nights at a health spa with my brother, and at her arrival health consultation she specified her food problems (wheat, dairy, banana) and said that her aim was to gain weight. The nutritionist told her that her diet was almost "too healthy" LOL.

We had various treatments, with yoga and tai chi, and the recommended exercise. There were breakfast and lunch buffets which were eat-all-you-want but it was all geared up for weight loss not gain. The evening meal was exquisitely presented, but so tiny that I would have been embarrassed to serve it at my house. We ate hardly any carbohydrates the whole time we were there. They didn't serve rice - the nutritionist was against it.

The straw that broke this camel's back was when I got back to our room after the second evening meal and found my 78-year-old Mum sitting on the bed eating one of her own home-made bread rolls, dry, because she was so hungry. I marched off and requested an interview with the duty manager and complained. He listened in frustration at his staff, called meetings with the team leaders responsible for the lack of communication, and hopefully did something about it. The following morning he offered us a free one-night stay as compensation.

Long story short, when she got home she had LOST 5 pounds. In 2 days. Now she has to build up even more weight, which she does not find easy. With her being intolerant to most of the bulking foods, I don't know what else to suggest.

OK, that's my rant.

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

Praying for both of you. In May 2012 I got emergency surgery and I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer stage IV that has spread to my chest and the back of the instentines. I can't complaint as I haven't had too many bad side-effects due to the chemo treatments. I do work, but as I get tired more often, I miss too many days of work and my paychecks are smaller and smaller. Hard to keep up paying just the basic stuff and with the gas prices, it is almost impossible to make ends with a happy face. Understand you very well. Hope you get a good job and insurance soon!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to bayamonesa1

I am praying for each one of you.

My health issue is headaches and they are not normal headaches. Sometimes I can't even get out of the bed and everthing makes it worse light noise even some smells. I have been battling with the doctors about these headaches cause there are times they are very unbearable

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to babigirl

Thank you ladies for sharing your pain and problems. Its nice to know that you are not alone in your health issues. Plus the frustration you get when dealing with doctors or other people that are suppose to be helping you with your health.

Rosey: Sorry to hear that your mom had such a hard time when you were suppose to be having a good and fun time. I have a son that has food and stomach issues, so I totally understand about the weight gain thing. Can she do protein shakes of some sort. My son is able to, but he just can't do the soy ones, since he has an allergy to soy.

Bay: I hope that things get better this new year for you. Understand about making ends meet and things. Suggestion, if you are good with your making of some crafts and stuff, sell handmade items on ebay or craiglist to make a little extra cash for yourself. Doing our crafts makes us relax and is mediation in itself. You are in my thoughts and prayers hun.

Babygirl: Headaches can be the worst...i get migraines from high blood pressure from extreme highs and lows. It stinks when they make it hard to function. Hopefully your doctor has gaven you some techniques to use and whatnot. I will look in my herbal tea book, I think I have a few teas that you can buy in the stores these days that will help ease the headaches without all the meds.

Edited by TJCraftyWitch on 11-26-12 12:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

TJ if yuo do find some teas plz let me know.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to babigirl

Crafty Witch ... hibiscus tea lowers blood pressure almost immediately... just a thought.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to laceyKat

Thanks...i have several teas made up, just getting low on the ingredients and my herbal store closed. So I have to order online now for the stuff. Stinks to have to mail order it.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to laceyKat

• laceyKat Said:
Crafty Witch ... hibiscus tea lowers blood pressure almost immediately... just a thought.

I didn't know that. Hibiscus is in almost all herbal teas that I like. As my BP is low, I probably shouldn't have so much!

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

I wasn't aware of that tea to lower your blood pressure. I need to try it!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I need to pick up some new teas next week when I go to the store. Stock up on my winter and ailment teas,

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Went to doctors today and they gave me more pain meds. Kept me on the current ones that I had been on, and some of the same ones that the ER doctor had given me. She is waiting to see if I get the insurance in December, so I can get the MRI done.
She upped my dosage of nerve pain meds though. That one I couldn't pick up today at the pharmacy though, it was too expensive..wasn't expecting one set of meds to cost more then my other 7 all together. It was a good day all in all, I have most of my pills and pain management under control for now.

Diva

Hope you are doing better!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hello ladies. I have Bern suffering thee pact few days. Headaches have been bad

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to babigirl

Herbs for migraines: Feverfew and Lavender

Headaches: feverfew, ginkgo, Lavender, Milk Thistle, Parsley, Peppermint, Rosemary, Wood Betony.

You can mix a few of those together herb wise to make a tea. Add chamomile to relax as well for a night time tea before bedtime hun.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Thanks very much imma have to try that

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

How is everyone feeling

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to babigirl

My sciatica is acting up right now, after working the past three days, I have pain shooting down both sides of my gluts right now, so I am my own pain in the butt...lol. Plus the right thigh muscle is giving me a pain as well. Both knees are achy, the right is swollen as always.
I get to go pick up my nerve pain pills at the pharmacy. Couldn't get them earlier this week, with paying out of pocket my meds were a little high when I got them this week. It was 98 for all my pills. One of them was 56 all on its own, so I had to wait until this weekend to get them. I pray that I get that insurance soon, or I am in a world of hurt. Fingers and legs crossed.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

I will be keeping my fingers crossed tat you get insurance and i hope you feel better soon

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics