Page 7 of 7 
Username Post: Health Issues-Vent or chat freely about them here//        (Topic#1582883)
2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to bayamonesa1

and prayers for all who are ailing in one form or the other!
TJ, look at it this way, with it being the knee that was already hurting, you still (hopefully) have one good knee. I hope you heal soon!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to 2xblessed

Nope the other knee is bad as well, just not no where near the other one...lol. But thanks so much for the well wishes.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Happy Birthday 2xblessed.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Today was full of fun..first had doctors appt that I have monthly. Good news is that my blood pressure is now normal, new guy makes me happier and less stressed. I got my meds and told them that the Ortho hadn't gotten ahold of me from my nuero, well the nuero's nurse called and let me know that I had in fact was scheduled an appt on the 22nd an at 10am, news to me, since I hadn't talked with anyone about it. Plus the location was like 30 plus miles away from me. After talking with my doctor about it, she put in a referral to a local ortho that took my insurance through the hospital. I then got some school work done and then had a recheck appt for physical therapy and then my aqua therapy. I have one more aqua therapy appt and then I can do the aqua therapy on my own for a month at the center. Water therapy works better for me then the regular, it alleviates the pain. I then had to head to work...ugh.
My doctor told me the new ortho should contact me within the week. I have my EMG on the 16th, lets hope they get my sciatica under control.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

Wow!! Your schedule has been FULL TJ!!
Nothing changed here, still the pains as they were and unfortunately having a worse time sleeping with my tooth pains. Where is that lottery check when I need it? LOL! I buy one occasionally and did win $3 again a few weeks ago, so that helps a tiny bit

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to catzscrapper

Your too funny Janet..lol. Yes we need a lottery fairy.

I go to get my EMG done on Tuesday. Still shaking my head though, goofy work scheduled me to work and I told them I wasn't able to work, love it when they have new people doing the schedules and whatnot.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Well the EMG pretty much came back normal, there was no nerve damage to the sciatica. I had some slower reaction times on some areas, but nothing that was causing the sciatica issue.

Went to a new ortho doctor and he gave me the news I was sort of expecting. That I could get collagen shots to hold off surgery, which we ordered last week. I had to submit an application for approval for the shots, since my health coverage doesn't cover the shots, they are like a prescription and I pay for my prescriptions and those are too too expensive for me to buy outright..lol.

Anyways with much thinking over the weekend and the past few days. I am tired of feeling tired, wore out and the other issues might be connected too. So I called the doctors office to let them know that I want to do the surgery. She told me that they will be calling me back to set up a time for it.

The surgery is for a partial to full knee replacement. The arthroscopic with a lateral release only lasted 14 months and I am back to worse then before. So lets hope that the knee surgery is better this time around.

Edited by TJCraftyWitch on 05-07-13 08:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Oh I'm sorry that wasn't the news you were hoping for TJ, but good luck with the surgery.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to RedSquirrel

No I was expecting the news about the new, not just the sciatica.

Well they decided to move on the knee surgery and fast. The surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday. I had to go sign the papers for surgery, have to go get a quick physical and blood drawn as well tomorrow. Along with my regular doctors appts.

Had to inform my work about it, so I work tomorrow evening and Tuesday evening. After Tuesday I am done for a long time if not permanently. I am a server and probably done with this job. They will also be doing the other knee after the first one heals.

So I am going to have to go apply for disability and/or assistance while out of work. Need some sort of income still coming in.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Surgery tomorrow and finally get to feel better after the swelling and all go down.

Diva
In response to babigirl

How are you doing after the surgery?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I am doing fine..didn't get the surgery we talked about done..he was suppose to do a partial to full replacement..which found out I am not a candidate for partial..I have to get a full, because its all sides of my knee that are affected by the osteoarthritis.

The surgeon only did an arthroscopic, he cleaned up my knee and heated my meniscus back together, it was torn into two parts. Said he couldn't tell that I had my knee operated on 14months ago. But he also kept bring my age up in it that i was only 39 and they didn't like to do surgery on someone that young..I am going to take notes and phamplets in there next time with printouts showing that there is not an age when that its actaully done. Yes people with osteoarthritis are sometimes younger, but people my age and even teenagers have it and have had surgery.
I start physical therapy on Tuesday, I went into my consultation this Tuesday. I go back to my ortho on the 27th of June.

I have been walking on it since the day it was operated on...was told to do it since it was only a clean up...but I do think I did something to it last weekend...just don't know what..it felt numbish for a few days like it wasn't my knee in there but something elses. It feels better now, but isn't my knee cap isn't really moving now. Don't know if its still swollen in there or that is how my knee is going to be now.

Diva
In response to babigirl

JCI

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Healing from surgery still, going through physical therapy aqua and regular three times a week.

Last few weeks my blood pressure was up and now I am on more blood pressure meds. Three different pills a day, one in morning, mid day and evening. Hope this keeps it a bay..I have been stressed about bills getting paid,finding a job, and my health. So needless to say its been up. This one is helping though.

Page 7 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics