Page 1 of 18 
Username Post: ALL NEW December Anything Goes Challenge! Sign Ups Start NOW!        (Topic#1582885)
Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-25-12 08:28 PM

"ALL NEW ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE"

December is here! Time for sign ups!

Ok... I know some people have been intimated by this challenge but shut the front door----this challenge has been revised and updated!! KEEP READING.....

Not only will you meet new people here you'll get your motivation amp'd up you'll become a creative rock star to all your scrap cronies!! Seriously!!!

Your creativity will grow beyond your wildest dreams... ya and you will leap out of your comfort zone like their is no tomorrow!! Playing with us on the monthly challenge will not only be fun, it will be a place where you can talk about your woes and your toes...make close bonds with ladies who have the same and not so same ideals! And we all need more friends right? Say yes!!

Now before you run off, take some time and read thru' this post and ask me some questions, if you have any questions...or your overwhelmed beyond belief, ask me to help you catch your breath! We have made some BIG changes and we think it is a lot easier to follow than before!

SO pull up your BIG GIRL PANTIES and jump in with us die hard players and join the ranks of the obsessed!!

We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge. All to keep you motivated and working hard to actually get those pics onto paper and into an album! We are willing to hold your hands thru the rough bumps. So ask...PLEASE!!!!!!

SIGN-UPS will be open until December 7th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than December 7th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to

If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.45

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**

(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1. Most Points Overall: no matter what your goal was if you meet your goal and if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you are the winner in this category.

2. Most Points 10 or Fewer Layouts: If you set your goal at 10 or fewer layouts and you meet your goal BUT do not exceed 10 layouts for the month then you are eligible for this category. If you complete more than 10 LOs then that moves you to other prize categories.

3. Random Drawing of Everyone Who Meets Their Monthly Layout Goal: Meet your monthly layout goal and there will be a drawing done on random.org of everyone who met their goal but did not win in another category.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your monthly layout goal. Each paying player may only win in ONE category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:
*8x8 or above including 8.5x11, 12x12=1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*3 4x6 or 5x5=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work you put into them. If you aren't sure how many layouts a project is “worth”, just ask!

**Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them.**
**If all you do is Cards you can count them as your layout goal, you can also count points for them.** THIS RULE only counts if you do just cards for the month...and no LO's**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH! YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE on the 7th of the month!

~~~Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after November 30th count towards your total points and layouts.

~~~This challenge ends on December 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details.

~~~All weekly challenge pics, LOs/projects, etc. AND POINT DETAILS must be posted to the thread by the deadline for weekly challenges which is Sunday 11:59 PM PST. (That is the Sunday of the week the challenges were posted for. Full weeks run from MONDAY (Day 1) to SUNDAY (Day 7).

~~~Most daily challenges do NOT have to be complete the day the challenge is posted, unless the challenge says it is for that day only. However, you get +10 bonus points for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted.

~~~To take the bonus +10 pts for completing a daily challenge the day it was posted you must have the daily complete, uploaded to your gallery, and posted to the thread WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST that day.

~~~When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details including any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread. Please try not to post projects then come back later to post the points details. If you do not post points details by a deadline for special points, you cannot take special points even if the project was completed in time. Special points are points such as points for a weekly challenge or the points for completing a daily challenge the same day it is posted, bonus points offered for another reason.

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

PLAYERS

paid=

Julie- 4/10
Paula- 16/31

MOTIVATIONAL
Rhonda- 9/15
Mommasaid- 0/1
Laura- 6/10
Jade- 0/
Teresa- 0/15
Dawn- 6/31
Jennifer 0/19

December Points List!!
BONUS POINTS!!!!

Take +300 bonus points if you pay by DECEMBER 1st,
Take +200 points if you pay by DECEMBER 5th,
Take +100 pts if you pay by DECEMBER 7th, the deadline!

5 POINT ITEMS
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal item.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER hand stitch
- for updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread
- for cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A PROJECT
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 30 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER type/kind of ribbon, trim, twine, fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER stamped image or word on your project
- PER color of glitter mist, stickles, paint, or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER any kind of die-cut shape
- PER flower (the whole flower, not counting each layer)
- PER embossed image/word (wet embossing) OR embossed texture/pattern (dry embossing)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER color of vellum
- PER color of fabric
- PER punch used

50 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A PROJECT
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
-making a digi LO

50 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- for doodling on your page
- for making your LO a shape that is not a square or a rectangle (ex. heart or circle) OR a LO that has a border that is not a straight edge (ex. scalloped border or rick rack border or border and corner punches ie: Martha Stewart punches)
- for using one or more of the following themes: Christmas/Food/Family/Tra ditions
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread (journaling that is just written on the back of the LO does not count as hidden)

50 POINTS:
- PER layout (not card or altered project) with at least 60% negative space
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
10 POINTS:

- PER picture (4 pics = 40 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- for rounding your corners on your pictures

20 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- page w/ 3+ pics
- for having the title, an embellishment, or journaling on or overlapping the picture

JOURNALING POINTS

- 5 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
- 20 points for every 50 words over 400
- 20 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 30 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

100 POINTS:
- PER home decor item created
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points! (MAX # of times you can take these points per month: 4)

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-25-12 08:33 PM
In response to Quay

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

BONUS POINTS: YOU MAY TAKE +10 pts for completing the daily challenge by 11:59 pm (PST) on the same day/date that it was posted for, to take the +10 bonus points.)

1. Set up your siggy for 200 pts.
2. Scrap about your first job. If you have photos of you from that era, include one, or any other photo that is significant about that time. Include a bit of journaling if you like of your memories. Did you like it? Hate it? Were you nervous? 300 pts.
3. Scrap about a high school reunion, or a memory of your time in high school. 150 pts.
4. Use brackets. You can use a single bracket, a pair of brackets, or even a bracketed frame. 100 pts
5. Make a Christmas card for. 75 pts.
6. Use a sketch with a Christmas theme. Post the sketch as well!! 150 pts
7. Make a LO with a mouse on it. 75 pts.
8. Make a black and white LO use only black and white ink as well. 150 pts.
9. Scrapbook a page that uses a Dr. Seuss quote or words out of one of his books. 200 pts.
10. Use 10 die cuts on your LO today. 175 pts.
11. Use a paper doily on your LO. 150 pts.
12. Use either a black and white or sephia photo and layer your title on the photo. 150 pts.
13. Pull some of the lesser colors out of your picture and highlight them with mists, inks or chalks! 300 pts.
14. Make a banner for today's LO. 75 pts.
15. Lift it. Find a page you love and lift it. That way you don't have to think about the design! 200 pts
16. Thanks. Use this beautiful word or some form of it in the title of your layout today. 150 pts
17. Use your favorite product on a layout today. 150 pts.
18. Create your own glitter embellishment to use on your page. 150 pts.
19. Use paint on your layout. Alter an embellishment, paint your title it doesn't matter how you use it just do it! 300 pts.
20. Sew What? Put some stitching on your layout today. Don't have a sewing machine? Hand stitch with a needle and some embroidery floss, or use stitching rub-ons. 300 pts.
21. Scrap a page WITHOUT any pictures!!! YIKES! This is a toughy but I know you can do it! 175 pts.
22. I'd like to focus on using negative space in your layout. So many times, we scrapbook with tons of papers, and ribbons, and embellishments that the photo or photos tend to get lost on the page. When you focus on having negative space in your layout, it will help to draw the eye to where it is supposed to be. 300 pts.
23. Create a page based on the following criteria,
Wings –
Use a word for happiness --
Use distressed edges –
Altered embellishment – 200 pts.
24. Lift a favorite LO you have already made. 75 pts.
25. Merry Christmas take an xtra 400 pts as a Christmas gift today!
26. Make a LO with the theme "Refelections" How you interpret that word is up to you! Use Your favorite color on the LO too!
300pts.
27. The inspiration for this challenge is the Dr Seuss book One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.
Create a layout that has -
one patterned paper
two journaling spots
red flower
blue ribbon
You are allowed any other colors as long as there is at least the 4 things I mentioned! 300 pts.
28. Create a LO: that is bright and light, that includes white paint, Incorporating material. 150 pts.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-25-12 08:33 PM
In response to Quay

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~

These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by 11:59 PM PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

WEEK 1: DECEMBER 1-2, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Scrap your Christmas list you need to shop from. Use nothing but Christmas paper and embellies 250 pts

Photo Challenge:
A Christmas tree decorated 75pts
Christmas ribbon 75pts
Mall Christmas Decor 75pts

WEEK 2: DECEMBER 3-9, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Scrap a LO about you...use 60% of your LO as journaling 400 pts

Photo Challenge:
Christmas cards 75pts
A poinsettia 75pts
A candy cane 75pts

WEEK 3: DECEMBER 10-16, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Make a Holiday craft, then take a picture, print it out and scrap it 400pts

Photo Challenge:
Your holiday decorations 75 pts
An advent calendar 100 pts
A Hanukkah Menorah 100 pts

WEEK 4: DECEMBER 17-23, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: Make a Christmas LO and tell the story from Santa's Point of View 450 pts

Photo Challenge:
Something gift wrapped 75 pts
Outside weather 75 pts
A Santa 75 pts

WEEK 5: DECEMBER 24-31, 2012
Scrapping Challenge: "Christmas Morning" make a two pager of one of your Christmas Mornings... Must have Date and Year, before and after pics of that morning. Or a special holiday 500 pts

Photo Challenge:
After all presents are opened 75 pts
Your fave gift you received 75 pts
Christmas breakfast 75 pts

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-25-12 08:34 PM
In response to Quay

~*~DECEMBER 2012 MONTHLY CHALLENGE~*~

This Challenge came by way of one of our very own players, Julie/Senora x!!

Grab or make a notebook that can hold at least 31 pages for updates each day. We want to see what goes on in all of our pretty little heads each day! Because requiring minds need to know this stuff!! This monthly project will be worth 2000 points if all you do is make a list of things! 4000 points if you add embellies and do-da's!!!! Such as a smash book...

Rules:
1. Must write in it everyday
2. Either post the page everyday, or the whole book at the end of the month
3. Make it as plain or as fancy as you want it
4. You must have fun at this!!!

30 DAYS OF LISTS
1. Goals for the month.
2. Bravest thing I’ve done.
3. Trends I love.
4. Places I’ve lived.
5. When I need a time out I. . .
6. Today you’ll find me . . .
7. Things I’d like to learn
8. Favorite scents/smells.
9. My friends and family would describe me as. . .
10. I know I am getting older when. . .
11. My Christmas wishlist.
12. Out my front door.
13. My schedule for the day.
14. Weekend plans.
15. Favorite foods.
16. Reasons to start. . .
17. Why I am a lister
18. Favorite websites and blogs
19. Things I'd rather be doing right now...
20. In my bag/purse/pocketbook
21. Guilty pleasures
22. Celebrity crushes or favorite celebrities or people
23. Things to do this spring
24. Recipes I want to try
25. What I got from Santa
26. What I took back to the store this Christmas
27. Road trip must haves
28. Where I'm going for New Years eve
29. What I'm wearing for New Years eve
30. Lessons learned this year
31. Today's to-do-list

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Quay

can i play motivational please. 15 LO?

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to YourScrapAttack

I'm in again for 10 layouts. Hoping ill have more scrappy time with break.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to senora_x

Ok. Quay, I'm definitely in this month.

20 layouts.

I have one more trip with helping a friend move (Thursday)so starting Saturday I will be ready to go.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to DaNel Hicks

I'm going to participate, even if it's only on a conversational level. So, motivatinal/2 LO, please.

My big goal is to complete December Daily this year. I burned out by day 12 last year.....As far as completing a goal for this challenge goes; my current version of math has (2) 6x8 LO's = 1 for challenge credit. Thoughts?

Edited by MommaSaid on 11-27-12 09:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 10:01 AM
In response to MommaSaid

Anne- Here's my thoughts----> You go girl!!! I am more than happy with it!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 10:03 AM
In response to YourScrapAttack

• YourScrapAttack Said:
can i play motivational please. 15 LO?

Got ya down Rhonda and welcome back!!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 10:04 AM
In response to DaNel Hicks

• DaNel Hicks Said:
Ok. Quay, I'm definitely in this month.

20 layouts.

I have one more trip with helping a friend move (Thursday)so starting Saturday I will be ready to go.

Got ya listed DaNel...Good to see you back!!

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 10:05 AM
In response to senora_x

• senora_x Said:
I'm in again for 10 layouts. Hoping ill have more scrappy time with break.

Here's to more scrappy time!! I have you down as paid...hope that is correct??

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to Quay

I'm in for 10. not sure if I'm paying or motivational yet

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 01:54 PM
In response to laurak1

• laurak1 Said:
I'm in for 10. not sure if I'm paying or motivational yet

Got ya Laura!! 10 it is!! and you an let me know later if your paying or not!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Quay

I am going to be motivational this month. I hope my scrapbooking mojo comes back next month and i find some time as well

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-27-12 07:52 PM
In response to jadebrit

Jade- Got'cha down for motivational!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Quay

I'd like to join in Motivational this month so I can see how it works and then maybe January I'll join for prizes....

My goal: 31 layouts for the month of December!!!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to flutterbye0419

I'm gonna try and jump in this month. I'll set my goal at 15. Probably crazy but I need to get back on the scrappy wagon.

I'll paypal you.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to ncyankee

Put me down for 15 layouts not sure if I will do motivational or paid yet.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 11-28-12 08:07 PM
In response to flutterbye0419

• flutterbye0419 Said:
I'd like to join in Motivational this month so I can see how it works and then maybe January I'll join for prizes....

My goal: 31 layouts for the month of December!!!

Welcome Welcome Dawn!! So glad to have new comers. I will put you down for motivational this month and we'll all help you see how this challenge works...I promise you that!!

Page 1 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics