Username Post: help: stubborn stickles        (Topic#1582895)
OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

Hi - need some help with stickles. I recently purchased a bottle and have been terribly disappointed: they don't work! I squeeze the bottle - one (ONE!!!) little drop comes out and that's it! no matter how much I squeeze further, nothing comes out! I had to use it on a title last night, and OMG! 20 minutes of poking a pin through the hole, letting the air in, squeezing one drop by one drop!!! Am I doing something wrong? I have another bottle of different kind ( ice stickles I think), and they just flow freely! What can I do to fix the bottle? Heeeeeeelp! Love the color, would hate to toss it in the garbage (((
Products Referenced in This Post:

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-26-12 07:10 AM
In response to OlesyaK.

HOw far down did you poke the pin? Sometimes the clog is far down where the applicator and the bottle meet. If you poke way down you should be able to clear it out.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to GMFTS

the pin was definitely all the way in.. and I can see the stickles in the nozzle, but they won't come out! they do if i turn the bottle back upright, shake a little, then squeeze again.. but again it's one drop at a time!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to OlesyaK.

Try taking the lid off and running hot water through it sounds like some of the glue has dried in it.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-26-12 08:16 AM
In response to OlesyaK.

Sounds like you got a defective bottle. Maybe you could email Ranger and ask about it.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Sneezy1956

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Try taking the lid off and running hot water through it sounds like some of the glue has dried in it.

Does it come off? I was wondering if the bottle was two piece or if the top is solidly glued to the bottom..

Diva
In response to OlesyaK.

Push the pin all the way. Also check how you store the bottle. I have the same problem sometimes, but the pin will do it.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to bayamonesa1

How annoying. I wonder whether there's an unusually big piece of glitter in there, or a dried piece which gets stuck every time you squeeze the bottle? Can you see what's going on through the plastic?

I think the bottle is moulded in one piece unfortunately - I don't believe they come apart. You could take it back and get it replaced. Or if you're desperate you could try snipping a tiny piece off the end of the nozzle to make the hole bigger. The application wouldn't be as delicate afterwards, but at least it would come out. Good luck!

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to RedSquirrel

I would contact the company I purchased it from. Send it back. I own tons of theses and the needle always work.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Cricutgirlg

Some of mine you can pull the spout off its pushed down in, not all of mine are that way.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Sneezy1956

I've had to trim the tip off and make it a little larger on some of the thicker distress stickles. try storing them upside down (tip down) and running them under hot water to loosen the glue and see if that helps

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Just G

I used a paperclip to clear my clog.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to NMlady

I got it unclogged!!! yay!!
Thanks to all your advices!!!
I followed all recommendations - unplugged the top piece, washed it out, used the pin to mix up the stuff in the bottle and make sure there are no clumps, then pushed a paperclip through the nozzle to widen it up. It's the combination of all the measures helped - it works like a charm now!!
Thanks so muuuuuuuch!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to OlesyaK.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to OlesyaK.

I am so very glad you got it free. YEAH Everyone here is so helpful.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to anda11

A long time ago I bought a "cake tester". (Actually meant to test the doneness of a baked cake.) It' a piece of wire with a loop at the top, and it's about 5" long. I keep it with my SB supplies and have found it works GREAT on unclogging Stickles, etc. It's long enough that I can poke it all the way to the bottom of the bottle and give a really good stir, and it's a diameter that's tight in the Stickles bottle hole, so it really clears the clog! It's among my necessary tools.

Edited by dwelch on 12-04-12 05:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to dwelch

I store me Stickles with the lit up and a flat head pin needle inserted to prevent it from drying out and blocking the hole. If this bottle is new, I definately would go back to the store and ask for an exchange or contact Ranger...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics