Page 1 of 32 
Username Post: New/Open Forever Calendar Swap        (Topic#1582927)
Martica
Queen
Martica

Forever Calendar Plaque Swap

Hurry and sign up you have until Sunday afternoon.
Deadline to complete project is Jan 30th it must be shipped the week of Jan 31st.

This is a fun to do project that you will treasure and use for a very long time. *I would like to thank Deb Kravec for sharing this idea with me.

You will need a wood plaque that measures minimum 15 inches wide. I found an inexpensive 18 inch wood plaque at Micheals for $3.99. You will need 12 small prefferably wooden chips in any shape for every month of the year. See below picture of sample. You will alter plaque and 12 chips with months to your partners liking in style, color or/and theme. You can paint it, use paper, crackle it, use fabric just be creative and unique. You can use any word for plaque. You can attach chips/months to plaque with hooks, Velcro or any other unique way. And if you have a way to do this that we have not thought of please share with us so that we can maybe use your idea. Your partner will then add her own chips in any material like wood, plastic or chipboard under every month of all the names and dates desired once she receives it.

Here is a list of materials needed:

Wood Plaque (1)
Wood Chips (12)
Round Jump Rings 12mm( jewelry sections of craft stores) (12)
Eyelet Hooks (12)
***Added chips for name and dates will be furnished by receiver when she gets plaque. You can make chips for that of chipboard to reduce expense***

Drill for making holes on chips if needed, you might be able to use your Big Bite instead

If desired “remember that plaque needs to be hung so make sure you add ribbon to the top of it”

Paint
Paper
Ribbon
String
Velcro
Embellishments any kind
Lace/trim

This swap will end on Jan. 30th so you will need to mail the week of the 31st.

I will partner each of you. It will not be a ss swap this time because I want you all to communicate with your partner on your likes for the plaque.
I have added three groups to start it. If you want a different style please let me know and I will add it.
If joining for 1st time in my swap you must furnish me with your full name and address. When mailing you must add tracking # to package, you must mail the week of the 21st of Jan it is a must.

***If you have flaked in any of my swaps or someone else’s swap you will not be welcomed here, so don’t bother joining.***
***If you are not sure you will be able to complete it on time, please do not sign up***

Here is sample: this is blog of how it was done:
http://acraftyescape-kati e.blogspot.com
Look for Family Dates Sign for instructions.

Here is what I bought at M's.
Material Needed For Swap By Martica

Groups

Shabby Chic

1. Linny / Lorna Lee
FOREVER CALENDAR with hanger. By Linnny

Shabby Chic Forever Calender By Lorna Lee

2. Dixie Leah / DKravec

Birthday Plaque for Martica's swap By Dixie Leah

Forever Calendar Plaque By DKravec

Vintage

1. Pam In Tx / DawnasPlace
"Love Family Time" Vintage Birthday Forever Calendar By Dawna.s Place

2. Your Scrap Attack / Tneal40
Forever Calendar Swap for YourScrapAttack aka Rhonda By Tneal40

forever calendar By YourScrapAttack

3. CraftyTwin / Martica

Forever Calendar For Lattaris By Martica

***FOREVER CALENDAR*** By CraftyTwin

Steampunk

1. KMorgan1962 / Pam In Tx

received calendars

Edited by Martica on 02-19-13 06:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Martica

Vintage please

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Pam in TX

Awww, Martica, this is such a cool project. I just visited the blog....so creative. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to pass again....my wrist is still healing...still swollen and hurting. I don't think I heal quickly....hmmmm, maybe it's age!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Linnny

hi ladies. i would love to join in.

martica, what do we do with the chips besides paint or paper them?

id like vintage (like the ladies diary paper).

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to YourScrapAttack

Chips are for the months. I added blog on first post (top of pic) where lady did the sample one, she shows how its done.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Martica

I am here, Martica. Sign me up.
What a cute idea. Good place to keep track of birthdays for the month.

Did you see the email that Graphic 45 sent out? They showed how to do the calender cover and it was awesome.

Style.... I think that I am leaning toward the shabby chic. I have been loading up on pearls and lace.

Edited by Lorna Lee on 11-28-12 06:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Euroalien
Governor
Euroalien
In response to Lorna Lee

Thanks Martica for doing another swap, but I have to skip this one since I will be in Europe half this time and don't have any chanse to start anything before my trip and after will be a tight call.... sorry!
I hope you will think about me for the next one after that.... please!!!!!
Hugs!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Euroalien

Sign me up for shabby chic.

Dixie Leah
Guru
Dixie Leah
In response to Euroalien

Looks like lots of fun. Please add me to the Shabby Chic group.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Dixie Leah

Oh this is going to be so much fun. I have a little note book with birthdays under the months. I have been thinking about how to keep them all together in a better more visible manner. So happy that I will now have something. I think I may need to have more than one. Need one just for my scrappy sisters. I hate missing birthdays of ladies that have become so very special to me. I start off the year with a birthday (mine).

Dawna.s Place
Mayor
Dawna.s Place
In response to DKravec

Hi ladies, this looks so creative and I would love to participate in this one. One question to clarify before I decide to play. If I'm understanding correctly, do we just do the "Family" plaque with the months hanging off of it? Then our swap partner (the recipient) finishes the project with the name and date chips?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Dawna.s Place

Morning ladies.
Thats how I understood it Dawna. We make the plaque and put the months on and they add their birthday's.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to DKravec

Iam so excited that I think that I will make one for my MIL for Christmas. I started thinking that this is perfect for all the kids, spouses and most of all grandchildren's birthdays. She will love it.

For this one thou, I was thinking that the Graphic 45 'Place in Time" paper that I bought is perfect.

Edited by Lorna Lee on 11-28-12 09:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Lorna Lee

Working with wood eh? I think I can handle this. I will have to use the drill while dh is at work cause he will want to take over that part. I could use this as I am always forgetting whose birthday is in which month.

I am leaning towards Vintage! as I love the earth tones it has. Graphic 45 is my favorite paper line.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
Iam so excited that I think that I will make one for my MIL for Christmas. I started thinking that this is perfect for all the kids, spouses and most of all grandchildren's birthdays. She will love it.

For this one thou, I was thinking that the Graphic 45 'Place in Time" paper that I bought is perfect.

I am thinking about doing these for Mothers Day gifts for next year for my mom, sister, and daughter in laws.

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Pam in TX

Pam, that is an awesome idea. Instead of a Mother's ring, a mother's calender.....
Oww you can call it a Mother Board (a little computer humor)

maggieanne
Governor
maggieanne
In response to Lorna Lee

Martica, I'm going to have to pass on this one. With health issues and not having a surgery date yet I just don't think the timing is on my side! I'll be hoping I can participate in the next swap!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Lorna Lee

• Lorna Lee Said:
Pam, that is an awesome idea. Instead of a Mother's ring, a mother's calender.....
Oww you can call it a Mother Board (a little computer humor)

LOL

Lorna Lee
Governor
Lorna Lee
In response to Dawna.s Place

• Dawna.s Place Said:
Hi ladies, this looks so creative and I would love to participate in this one. One question to clarify before I decide to play. If I'm understanding correctly, do we just do the "Family" plaque with the months hanging off of it? Then our swap partner (the recipient) finishes the project with the name and date chips?

Speaking of birthdays..... When is your's, Dawna?

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Lorna Lee

I think using hooks for the months to dangle from would be better than the eyelete. My children are still young enough to have more kids (I have two who are not even married yet) and I think it would be easier to just slip off the month to add a new chip.

Page 1 of 32 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics