Username Post: Studio G glitter glue - argh!        (Topic#1582957)
RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Last Christmas my LSS in Australia had run out of Stickles in red, and I desperately needed some so I got Studio G instead. It was always really gloopy and nothing like as nice as my beloved Stickles, but now I can't even get the dratted stuff out of the bottle. I stored it nozzle-up and it just won't flow.

I've tried putting it upside down on the radiator, shaking it and squeezing it. And shouting a certain amount of blue air at it. Nothing has worked.

Short of cutting the bottle open, can you think of anything I haven't tried? My next step would be pitching it.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to RedSquirrel

Did you try sticking it in the nozzle part with a big pin or even a paperclip?

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to pinkpaperairedale

That's crazy! I use Studio G all the time because I can't get Stickles unless I buy them online and the shipping for them is REDICULOUS. I've not had an issue with the glitter flowing out of either brand... Please, if you get it flowing again, let us know how you did it....

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I would use a sewing pin to unclog it. Stickles is my fav but I love MIkes too cause they have such gorgeous colors. This is not a problem with them all the time. IT sounds like it got clogged. Good luck

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to anda11

It isn't clogged. It's stuck in the bottom of the bottle, and won't flow out. It hasn't dried out, it's squishing when I squeeze it, but I can't get it anywhere near the nozzle. Even when I squeeze it, it only squishes down (up?) the bottle and then when I let go, it goes back again. Even with a cracking good shake, or throwing it on the floor, it won't budge!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

hmmm... have you tried storing it upside down? for a few hours to see if gravity will pull it down over time? I need to do this with mine, but I have to find something I can do that with.... it's an interesting issue that's for sure.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to flutterbye0419

It's been balanced upside-down on the radiator for 24 hours now, no change, no flow. Stupid stuff.

I might try putting it into a mug of really hot water tomorrow, and see whether it melts.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I don't like the Studio G stuff at all. My vote is pitch it!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to binkiemonstermom

ah... drat! i prefer stickles myself, but when you don't have to pay shipping for studio g and can get it at 97 cents per bottle, it's much more cost effective for me to use it... my lss closed down so now I can't get it unless i order it from sb.com or somewhere like that and pay rediculous shipping on it...

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to flutterbye0419

I haven't had this issue with any of my studio g's and have had these bottles for over a year probably but I let my son use them last week and they were all fine till I went to screw the lid back on and the it just kept turning and I wasn't rough with it but I took the lid back off to see what the issue was and the top part had just broken completely off just under the screw grooves. So that tip part is stuck in the cap. I just set the lid back on it and on the upside it's been sitting like that for a week like that and I just squeezed some out. I figured I could still use it with a toothpick maybe. I've always stored them upside down since I got them.

Edited by Cindyckj on 11-29-12 06:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to Cindyckj

Could there be a dried film across the top? (Like you get with pudding when you don't put plastic directly on the pudding?) Have you stuck a pin in all the way down to where the stuff is sitting? You'd be able to tell then. And maybe if you poked through you could wiggle and manouver this 'skin' off the top and get to the soft stuff that you can still use underneath (and store it upside down, or nozzle tip down) Good luck!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to SunnyAB

Rosey I had the same thing happen. I tried stirring up my large bottle of red HL glitter glue with a chop stick but it still wouldn't come out of the nozzle which was not clogged.

Diva
In response to NMlady

Wow! I have the same problem with the red color! I don't like them anymore, I rather spend the extra money on Stickles!

Edited by bayamonesa1 on 11-30-12 05:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to bayamonesa1

I had that problem once I finally gave up on it and just threw it out. The dollar store glitter never gave me that problem. I always buy dollar store glitter for my little one. As stickles are to expensive for her to be using.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Well after 3 days upside down (1 on the radiator), the glue has finally worked its way down to the nozzle. It is as gloopy as anything, but at least I can get at it.

I'll be honest, I would rather pay the extra for Stickles which I can use now, rather than a cheapie which I have to wait 3 days for it to make up its mind to work.

Thank you for your input!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

After this I admitt i'm a little nervous to use my other bottles of studio g glitter glue. I know I didn't use that much force to screw that cap back on. And my son and I didn't have any problems using it a minute before this happened.

Broke bottle of studio g glitter glue By Cindyckj

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Cindyckj

Oh man, Cindy!

I only have the one bottle of Studio G glitter glue. All my others are Stickles, so I don't know how they usually behave. Maybe there was a bad batch of red, who knows?

Have you got another bottle you can get the glue into before it dries?

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419

i'll keep an eye on my red. after your issues with it, i'll see if i can make it to tampa to start converting back to stickles... although at that point, it may make more sense to buy some of the larger packs of them here on sb.com. i'll have to think about the gas and all of that...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics