Username Post: Non-Scrappy, scrappy shoppping...        (Topic#1582973)
kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

So I recently discovered some "kraft printer paper" in Staples that I just love! It is lightweight like normal printer paper but totally matches the kraft cs......
I've been using it for all kinds of things!
What things (without breaking any rules here ) have you found in non-scrapbooking stores that you find really useful or just love?

Alison

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to kiyawinn

WOW! Thanks for the tip! I love kraft paper more than cheap booze!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to designguyKORY

Sticky notes make fabulous straight lines for inking borders and such. Put the note down where you want your ink to stop, ink up the card, remove the sticky and you've got a straight line. Double-sided tape is great for use with unmounted rubber stamps, and I use plain old scotch tape to adhere the edges of ribbon or twine to the back of cardstock on cards.

Diva
In response to siameseplease

I do go to non scrappy stores and find lots of goodies! Staples is one of them. Same with Big Lots, Tuesday Morning, etc.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to bayamonesa1

I use mesh sheet rock tape instead of "Magic Mesh". It is CHEAP and self adhesive. It comes white but I have colored it with markers.

I have also used screen door wire, small washers, small hinges and a variety of other items from the hardware store.

Sharpie markers are useful,too

I love my foam sanding block for distressing, again a hardware store item.

I know there are many others but none come to mind--

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to terrihooper

My big thing is simple old paper clips, I love that staples usually have the really big I mean jumbo size really reasonable. And I use a ton of tyvak for my mini albums it's wonderful to keep those spines from ripping.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sneezy1956

I use drywall tape for another purpose. When I cut my Cricut letters I leave the letters on the mat along with the patterned paper or cardstock I cut them from. THen I put the drywall tape over the letters and carefully lift them up.

They will be perfectly spaced and lined up evenly just like they were cut.

Its important to leave the paper you cut them out of until all the letters are liften becuase then if one letter lifts crooked you can put it back into the space it was cut from to realign it.

THen I put the entire thing on the scrapbook page to find exactly where I want it - the mesh is see through so I can see where it is going.

Then I put glue on the letters while they are still on the drywall, put them back on the page and rub over them for a minute to make sure they are stuck and then I peel off the drywall tape.

I don't have to spend a minute lining up and spacing letters - make glueing down a title take seconds.

Also, if I'm going to a crop I just stick the drywall tape and letters to a blank piece of paper. When I get to the crop, just lift off the drywall tape and my letters are ready to place like I do at home.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Henri Jean

If I only want to use a portion of a stamp, I cover the part I don't want to use with either scotch tape or a sticky note. Ink as usual, then pull off the tape and stamp away. There won't be any ink on the part you don't want showing.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Great idea with drywall tape on cricut mat. Thanks

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

Henri, you make the titles sound sooo easy, it almost makes me want to buy a cricut - just for the titles)) LoL)) I spend forever lining up the alpha stickers, and they never end up evenly spaced and properly aligned..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to OlesyaK.

I use a lot of alpha stickers and I have the same problem you do. Trying to align them is a pain. Same with the letters from my Slice!

I did purchase a Fiskar clear 18" ruler from the scrapbook section of Michaels or one of the box stores and it helps tremendously! It has grids all over it so I can lign it up with the top of page or bottom of hte page or even the edge of a picture. Then I stick the bottom of my stickers on the top of the ruler, slightly sticking to the top of the ruler and when I have them right and left spaced I line up the grid to see where I want them on the page.

With the ruler being clear and very wide, that helps a lot. Still takes a lot of time.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics