Username Post: Compare Cricut Expression, craft and or Pazzles Inspiration!        (Topic#1583005)
serraofam
Tenant
serraofam

I want to sell my cricut for obvious reasons, but would like a comparison by users before I purchase another paper cutter!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to serraofam

Hi! I have a Cricut, but I don't have any of the listed cutters. I did a great deal of research though. From my understanding, the Pazzles is the closest to the Cricut. I read the makers of Pazzles helped design the Cricut. Please don't quote me on that. The P cuts at a higher force, thus giving it the ability to cut heavier materials.

The Ecraft is a newer machine. It has only been around for a year or two. This machine can cut materials without a mat and it is cartridge/software based. I read from users they recommend a mat. I never read or heard anyone say they loved their ecraft though. It did rate number three in the 2012 cutter review. It is more affordable than the Pazzles.

I do have the BossKut Gazelle, Silhouette Cameo and the Cougar. The Cougar can cut thicker materials, but it comes with a hefty price tag. It was rated number on in the cutter review. It has a steeper learning curve. There are different sizes of this machine 15", 18 and 24". There is also the Silver Bullet which is a higher end machine. Owned by the same people.

The Gazelle is cheaper than the Cougar/Silver Bullet. It was rated number two. I can cut most of the same material as the Cougar and it cuts beautifully You can cut all day and it does not get hot! The new Gazelles can do PNC accurately! This is still my go to machine. Oh, it can cut 12.25" width

The Cameo is good for cutting detailed images as well as light weight materials (i.e. pattern paper and vinyl). Some ladies have cut cereal weight chipboard; I have not tried it. PCN is spot on too! The other thing I like is the software. Pretty easy to use and the store is AWESOME. 12" cutting width.

The Zing is another machine that is good competitor. It was introduced last year. It has a cutting width of 14". I know a few people who has it and they vouch for it. I know the support for the machine is great too.

All of the machines mentioned can use Make the Cut software

There is also the Eclips....but I don't know much about that one...it can use ECAL and cartridge. HTH

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

Kenya, you are always so helpful!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to ChansGram

I have definitely been looking into the Cameo. I really like that you can cut true font with the Cameo and that all your fonts that you have on your computer can be cut with the cameo.

serraofam
Tenant
serraofam
In response to thehappyscrapper8

HisGem, thank you for that detailed response! Looks likeci still have some homework to do. With your reasearch, I am now armed with more knowledge ! Happy scrapping!

Edited by serraofam on 12-01-12 02:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justmaxine55
Tenant
justmaxine55
In response to serraofam

I don't know anything about the Pazzle but I can tell you first hand that the eCraft is not worth your time! Cricut Expression is ok, but dulls in comparison to the Cameo.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to justmaxine55

I have the CricutE2, but had been wanting a Silhouette - for their cuts and the ability to design my own cuts- but then I discovered the Cricut Craft Room. Now, I'm happy with my Cricut. I've been having lotsa fun making up my own designs in the 'Craft Room' software- especially making those Polaroid-style frames with words attacthed.

I still really want the Silhouette, tho- but I'm doing what I want, now, and getting lots more out of my Cricut.

-kory

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to designguyKORY

I want a Cameo. But I don't know if I need it. I have a cricut expression and I design everything with my gypsy. We get along pretty well. Only trouble I've ever had cutting is when my mat isn't sticky enough. Anything delicate I slow down speed and double cut and comes out great.
I've made the Polaroid frames with words before too. But I design it all on gypsy. Cant get them to cut good in grungeboard yet though. I haven't played with craft room much yet.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to SherylEb

What are your "obvious reasons" for wanting to ditch the Cricut? That might help steer you in the right direction....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics