Username Post: teach me how to...        (Topic#1583025)
OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

reink the distress pad? It's somewhat old, i can use it for stamping and inking the edges, but i can't pick up any color with the blending tool. anyway, i have the reinker of the same color - now what? how much to pour, what to do next? I transferred about a dropperful of ink, and it soaked up super fast and didn't change a thing. all the tutorials online are how to use reinkers on their own, not how to reink the pad.. any suggestions?
thanks a bunch!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to OlesyaK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlXnmhR26F0

This link tells you exactly how to reink your distress pad. Should help you.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to thehappyscrapper8

If mine is extremely dry it sometimes takes 2 or even three droppers full. I would suggest letting it set over night and try the pad again if it's still not wet enough add another dropper full and wait again. If it's still to dry try a 3rd dropper full. Also try turning it upside down over night so that it all doesn't go to the bottom and can soak into the pad.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Sneezy1956

I take my dropper or any reinker, and start at the corner and start in a straight line and add reinker all the way from corner to corner. Then I drop down and add another line of reinker below that line. That way my pad is evenly inked all over the pad.
You can also take a plastic spoon and spread the ink over the pad with the back of the spoon, pressing slightly into the ink pad.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to binkiemonstermom

hi -
Thanks for the link and the advice! I think i managed to get it done. it took way more ink than I thought it would, that's why. it was really really dry)
thanks for the help!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics