Username Post: Ipad 4        (Topic#1583073)
txht2003
Veteran
txht2003

Hi there do you have an Ipad 4? What do you use it most for? Also, do you utilize it for your scrapbooking needs?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to txht2003

My brother-in-law has one and loves it.

I've heard good and bad. Its not for me becuase I use word on my regular computer and like to pass a flash drive back and forth and there is no USB port on the ipads. That's a dealbreaker for me. I like to put pictures on flash drives and load them on my husbands computer for him.

I was reading the technical support section here today and I don't think you can load pictures into the gallery here on an ipad. Someone was asking about it and that is what I gathered from the answer.

I've been holding out for a microsoft tablet and now that they are out I'm very disappointed. This was going to be it for me. To make it worse, they are only sold in the micro-soft stores and its 400 miles from me to a micro-soft store. I'm not going to buy one without seeing it.

From what I've seen though, it is not what I expected. I'm going to just keep holding out.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Henri Jean

iPad 4?

I thought the 3 was the most recent.

I like to download all my Cricut handbooks into adobe, then I have them all at my fingertips and I don't have to go searching.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Seaexplore

I didn't know there was a four either? I thought the mini was the latest version???

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HisGEM

Maybe it is the 3 my brohter-in-law has and is so happy with. I just know its new - he has had it for a couple months and it really works for him.

Bill and I went in to buy one each and they just didn't meet our needs.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

I have the first generation iPad and love. Never have used it for scrapbooking though.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-04-12 07:15 AM
In response to t-scraps

I have an iPad 2, love it! Use it for email, web surfing, casual games, and streaming Netflix in bed Also writing this post, getting used to the keyboard was pretty easy. I also love editing photos on it, there are many great apps - they're the only type of app that I've ever actually purchased.

Edited by stick on 12-04-12 07:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 12-04-12 01:20 PM
In response to stick

I've been considering an iPad too. Like Henri Jean I was disappointed in the MS Tablet. I think I may go for an iPad...I have the iPod Touch and love it. Having that interface on a larger tablet would be great. I still have my laptop with Word, Excel, Photoshop, etc. and it will definitely still have its place. I've been waffling on the iPad for a while now and I think that it may go on my Christmas list. I can't think of anything else to go on there, so why not?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to LeeLo

SInce I don't like any of the options, I'm still holding out.

My husband told me just yesterday, "If you are thinking about getting me an ipad, please don't. Just am not sold on it even though my brother is."

I told him not to get me one either. I'm just not head over heals in love with it.

WIsh the microsoft was better.

I may just go with a smaller computer later - have a 15" laptop and we may get 13" laptops. Neither of us wants two computers. We were looking for the microsoft to replace our laptops but not going to happen. The ipad will not replace my laptop.

Best solution for us may just be smaller laptops.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-04-12 04:27 PM

I think it will be a few years before any tablet is capable of actually replacing a real computer. They just don't have enough power or storage yet.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to stick

I have the original ipad and I love it but there are limitations to it. I use it to watch videos and read books and check email. I don't take my laptop when I travel which is nice but I have a desktop to do my bills and other things on and just recently pulled out my laptop to use for my scrapbook room. I just bought my dad a tablet but it is windows based and I am programming it right now with apps and stuff. When my ipad goes to the computer heaven and I am not sure what I will do...another ipad or go to a windows based tablet but I know I will get another one. But I agree, I think they will improve and right now I could never do scrapbook stuff like I would want to on the ipad.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Debbie2006

Talked to a computer tech at length today and he advised me not to do anything before mid-January when several new products are scheduled to come out.

Toshiba is calling to me right now although I won't decide until I see it.

From what I'm understanding, its a little pricier than most but it is an actual pad or tablet. Small and lightweight.

It opens up to reveal a fully functioning laptop - the top does not swivel around like some but actually opens up so you can go back and forth.

ANd its all Windows 8. And it has USB ports. Everything on my checklist - it has. But the size of a tablet.

I have an unlimited media plan with AT&T which is very good. I have 5 iPhones on my plan and 4 have unlimited media.

I've been told now that I can download an ap that will make my iphone a mobile hot spot so I can be on line in the car or anywhere we go. It uses minutes but since mine are unlimited that isn't an issue. I think its about $15 a month which would be worth it to be able to get on the internet anywhere.

Not sure about overseas since it uses data plan minutes (which we have unlimited) and not cell phone minutes.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-05-12 06:26 PM

A few months ago I asked AT&T about making my phone a hotspot and they said it was about $40 a month, on average.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

Interesting. Do you have the media plan we do where data is unlimited? I was told today it was about $15 a month.

If I didn't have the unlimited data plan it would be a good bit more.

Curious about that now.

We do pay $35 a month per phone for the unlimited data - I think that is the cost.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 12-07-12 08:24 PM

For those of you that have the iPad...do you have the Wi-Fi one or the 3G one? IF I decide to go that route, I think I would go with the 32gb Wi-Fi.

Any suggestions?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-08-12 08:37 AM
In response to LeeLo

Wifi here. If I'm not near a wifi spot (and theyre getting easier to find all the time) I just use my phone. For me, the 3G version is a completely unnecessary expense. I do mostly use my iPad at home, if I travelled a lot I might consider the 3G.

Also, I only got a 16G, but I'm constantly surprised at how much stuff I've packed on it and I still have lots of room left.

Edited by stick on 12-08-12 08:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to stick

Mine is a 16gb wifi. There's always a hotspot nearby.i mostly use mine at home with my wifi or when I go to M's or J's with their coupons. I take it grocery shopping too with my club deals all loaded up. I do screen shots for the m's and J's coupons so if I can't get wifi I still have the coupons.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Seaexplore

I use my iphone for the Michaels and JOanns and Hobby Lobby coupons. I love that feature!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics