Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: **~December 2012:Scrap Your Faith Challenge!!~**        (Topic#1583095)
jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

Welcome to the NEW Scrap Your Faith Challenge!!

Over the last year and a half I seem to be taking more & more photos of a part of my life that is relatively new to me. Just after Easter in 2010, I was sitting at my computer when I had what I can only describe as a spiritual awakening. I was on a scrapbook challenge site that a friend of mine ran. While surfing the site, I came across a request that she had posted. Her father was very ill & she was asking for prayers for him. Up until then I could probably count the number of prayers I'd ever prayed for on one hand, but I thought...it couldn't hurt for me to pray for her dad, right? So I did. In the middle of praying for her father, I came to the realization of just how much I needed God in my life. What happened next was so overwhelming, but to keep this story short let's just say my life was changed forever that night. That was the night God intervened in my life and showed me just how deep my need for a Savior was. That was the night He led me to salvation.

Ever since that night my life has been turned upside down. Being a scrapbooker, I keep feeling a need to document as much of this new life as possible. So, in order to get started doing just that I thought, why not start a New Challenge & encourage other women of faith to do the same?!

Challenge Outline

1. This challenge is open to scrappers of ALL faiths, and it is my hope for it to become a place of sharing, healing, & encouragement as we strive to document this very personal part of our lives. I only ask that all participants be sensitive & respectful of the beliefs of others.

2. Daily scripture passages and weekly sketches will be posted to help inspire us to Scrap our Faith! I'll probably throw in a few lyrics to worship songs & hyms from time to time as well since I listen to so much faith-based music too. **(If anyone has a favorite passage of scripture they would like to offer for the daily posting, please PM me w/the book, chapter & verse(s) and I will be sure to add it to the list!)**

3. LO's created DO NOT have to incorporate the daily scripture postings, they are simply being given for inspiration. You are welcome to scrap about anything relating to your faith. (Example: baptisms/church events & activities/conferences or concerts you attended/mission trips you've been on, etc.)

4. Scrap as little or as much as you are inspired to scrap, share the love and HAVE FUN!! : )

***~Public Embedding and Uploading to Challenge~***

1. Once your LO is uploaded to the gallery Go to your gallery and click on it.
2. Under small pic of LO check box for "Allow PUBLIC EMBEDDING"
3. Click "SUBMIT

NEXT, to Upload to the Challenge Thread...
1. First click on the LO you want to upload.
2. Scroll down to the "Share & Link" box on the left side of the page. Click the "Link/Embed image" option.
3. A Box will open up with a small pic of your LO. Where it says 'Embed This Image' select "IMG CODE" above the image.
4. RIGHT CKICK and COPY the code it gives you. (you can also change the size of the image if you desire.)
5. Go to Challenge
6. Go to any Reply Box and RIGHT CLICK and then PASTE the code.

December Sketches

1. DEC2012-ScrapYourFaithCha llenge! By Jamariel

2. DEC2012:ScrapYourFaith-Sk etch#2! By Jamariel

Edited by jamariel on 12-10-12 12:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to jamariel

December Daily Scripture Inspiration

12/1~ Matthew 16:15-17 [TNIV] “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven."

12/2~ Luke 1:30-33 [NRSV] The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his ancestor David. He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

12/3~John 8:12 [ESV] Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

12/4~Luke 3:16 [ESV] John answered them all, saying, “I baptize you with water, but he who is mightier than I is coming, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."

12/5~Isaiah 7:14 [KJV] Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

12/6~Matthew 3:16-17 [NKJV] When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

12/7~ John 1:1-5 [NLT] In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.

12/8~Isaiah 9:6-7 [NIV-1984] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.

12/9~John 1:29-31 [NLT] The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! He is the one I was talking about when I said, ‘A man is coming after me who is far greater than I am, for he existed long before me.’ I did not recognize him as the Messiah, but I have been baptizing with water so that he might be revealed to Israel.”

12/10~John 1:32-34 [NIV-1984] Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God.”

12/11~Deuteronomy 18:18-19 [NLT] "I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything I command him. I will personally deal with anyone who will not listen to the messages the prophet proclaims on my behalf."

12/12~Hebrews 5:8-10 [NASB] Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered. And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation, being designated by God as a high priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

12/13~Luke 4:18-19 [ESV] “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”

12/14~Matthew 1:18 [NLT] This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit.

12/15~Luke 1:46-47 & 49 [ESV] And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name.

12/16~Matthew 24:3-14 [TNIV] As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains. Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but whoever stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

12/17~Matthew 25:31-34 [ESV] “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.'"

12/18~John 1:9-13 [ESV] The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

12/19~John 3:31, 34-36 [NIV] The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all. For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit. The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

12/20~John 3:1-2 [NKJV] There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”

12/21~

Edited by jamariel on 12-20-12 07:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to jamariel

Yay!!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Yay!!

Hi Kelly!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to jamariel

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I have to admit it, I sort of let November fly by me.

I'm hoping to commit to working on some new Scripture layouts.

I actually have a small completed stack (from the October Challenge) still sitting here. Just need to sit down & take some pics!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

p.s. Great sketch!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to KellyCali

Hello ladies!! Glad to see this thread!! Thanks Jami!!

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to FinallyMama

Yea!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to lindaj3

Great sketch!
Good morning ladies! Yesterday was very chaotic @work, so I'm praying for calm &peace today!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to Faithscrapper

Good morning everyone! Picking out our daily sketch now. Brb.....

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to jamariel

Hello Ladies!! Hope you have good night!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Just checking in...

Listening to the Toby Mac channel.

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel
In response to KellyCali

Hey ladies, just added one verse. Will catch up w/a few more after I get home from work in the morning.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to jamariel

Happy Friday! Our church cantata is this Sunday, please pray for us!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

Cool, thanks 4 sharing Paula!

Just wanted to let y'all know the new verses were up, hope you like! I plan to focus on verses that specifically speak to Jesus being the Messiah this month to keep us reminded why we have this wonderful time of year. If you have some Favs that we haven't used yet, whether they are prophecy scriptures from the old testament, or the writings of the apostles, or even Jesus' own words about who he is & want to share, please PM me w/the book/chapter/verse so I can use them. Thanks and HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!! : )

Now off to the kitchen to do some Holiday baking.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to jamariel

Have fun, Jami! Wish I lived next door!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

Came across today's verses while reading my devotional & just knew they were perfect for me to post. Enjoy ladies, now back to the holiday crafting & baking!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to jamariel

Hello ladies!! Hope you're having a wonderful, love filled weekend!!

jamariel
Mayor
jamariel

Happy Monday my sisters! Just posted some new verses & looking for a sketch now! BBS...

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics